+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline Ottawa

LSP

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Everyone, If the online update does not show that mail is sent for citizenship test appointment, does that mean we still wait? Is there a possibility that mail is sent but online information is not updated? thank you.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
moti said:
Hi, congrats coolbreeze for the oath invitation. No updates on my side,still waiting for the test invitation.should I call the cic call center as its been 21 months since application was received by cic ? Hi Mike, did they tell you when the Kingston office closed and when your application was sent to Ottawa office ?:(
Don't know when Kingston office got closed. I guess sometime 2011. One colleague got PR in 2010 and was dealing with Kingston. None of us received RQ.

Mike

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
mikeathome said:
Don't know when Kingston office got closed. I guess sometime 2011. One colleague got PR in 2010 and was dealing with Kingston. None of us received RQ.

Mike
Kingston office was closed along with 18 other local offices last June (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob431.asp). However, I had friends who had their citizenship ceremony held in Kingston last November, which is due (in my opinion) to the fact that the new changes were not implemented into GCMS until last December as mentioned in the above link.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Coolbreeze and Mike,

Thanks for your responses. cic website is usually down these days,however.I try to check it almost once a week at least.Hoping for the best. ::)

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Mike and coolbreeze,

I have a question. actually when I sent the application, I did not keep a copy of the application ,does that make any difference ?? ::)

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
moti said:
Hi Mike and coolbreeze,

I have a question. actually when I sent the application, I did not keep a copy of the application ,does that make any difference ?? ::)
hey no you don't have to have copy of application all you have to remember is things like your work history an maybe your travel history, the only thing they asked me during the short interview was about my work history. So you don't have to worry about it.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks coolbreeze !!!

I am unable to contact cic call center, It says "unable to complete the call,please check the number and dial again " did anyone experience this problem ??

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
moti said:
Thanks coolbreeze !!!

I am unable to contact cic call center, It says "unable to complete the call,please check the number and dial again " did anyone experience this problem ??
that is strange make sure you are dialing the right number go to the cic website an check the number

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
moti said:
Thanks coolbreeze !!!

It's a savings measure, the hotline has been disabled...
Check ECAS instead, it'll be updated on a regular basis every 6 months.

Mike

LSP

Feb 21, 2013
Every six months!! I was checking every day to see if there is an update.....is it possible that mail is sent without updating the online status? Did anyone experience this? thanks

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
LSP said:
Every six months!! I was checking every day to see if there is an update.....is it possible that mail is sent without updating the online status? Did anyone experience this? thanks
yep when I got the letter to take the oath the website had not yet updated the info it was updated 2 days after I get the letter.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
LSP said:
... Sorry for my sarcasm.

Mike

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
moti said:
Hi Mike,

how was your test ?? can you please share your experience ? :)
Everything has been said before... Read the study book, read it twice, a third time, read between the lines... Don't just rely on the online tests available! Read the picture notes in the study book. I had no questions about Canadian history among my questions, that would have been my strong side :) I have 1 wrong answer, probably because I know some Latin and started to translate Latin. Do all you guys know what 'habeas corpus is? Hint: it is in the study book, if you translate it, it becomes misleading...
20 multiple choice questions, 30mins time, 15 correct required, if you cheat or talk you're out and in the see-the-judge game. You can take the test in English or French or maybe Cree or Inuktitut but if you're aboriginal you don't need citizenship test...

The interview before the test is like an interrogation, be careful what you say. It ends up on the interviewers note sheet which is attached to your file for judge decision. Something suspicious might trigger a RQ right away. But you can use it to make all your intentions clear as well so use it to your favor.

Mike

anandoc

Jan 8, 2013
People who appeared for the citizenship test on Feb 13th in Ottawa, have any of them received any letter (or seen an updated eCAS) for oath? Seems like a lot of people are hearing back from CIC about oath within a month after their test.