+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline Ottawa

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
mikeathome said:
Work Permit: Jun 2007 - Jan 2009 (ext. Jul 2008 - Jun 2010)
Landed: Feb 2009
Application sent: May 2011
Acknowledge Letter: May 2011 (1w)
Processing started: Jan 2012 (8m)
Test Date: Mar 2013 (13m)
Oath Date:
Thank you Mike. You'll fill in the last date soon :D

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
mikeathome said:
Work Permit: Jun 2007 - Jan 2009 (ext. Jul 2008 - Jun 2010)
Landed: Feb 2009
Application sent: May 2011
Acknowledge Letter: May 2011 (1w)
Processing started: Jan 2012 (8m)
Test Date: Mar 2013 (13m)
Oath Date:
Hi Mike, if you have any updates, please post it here. Thanks.

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
Good news to hear that you are getting called for test/oath

My case still waiting: applied June 2011, processing since Sept 2012, NO NEWS STILL WAITING :mad:

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
I just got a letter to go for cizitenship test on June 18.
I applied in November 2011, file in process since November 2012, citizenship exam June 2013.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hey Ottawa_girl,

did you get an RQ ? if so when and when did u send all docs.?? I have the same timeline and got RQ in March,2013. sent RQ in April, no news yet ::).
please do update your status.. Thanks

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
Hi,

I had my test today and at the end of it we were all informed that we passed. I will be waiting for the oath letter from now on, and hope to receive it soon. They told us today that it would take between 2 to 4 months from the date of the test to receive it. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

Jeffxu

May 15, 2013
Leonina said:
Hi,

I had my test today and at the end of it we were all informed that we passed. I will be waiting for the oath letter from now on, and hope to receive it soon. They told us today that it would take between 2 to 4 months from the date of the test to receive it. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
I wrote my test on March 07 and am still waiting for the oath letter,,,

rscol

Jun 19, 2013
Same here. I had my test on March 8th, 2013 and no news since then. I called an agent, who could only tell me that he can't see any updates on my file, and that if I don't get any information from them before September 8th (?!), I should definitely call them.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Leonina said:
Hi,

You see this the the unfairness in this whole screwed-up process! They told you that you passed, I (we) wrote test March 1st and I called last week and they hadn't even looked at our test as they could not give me the result.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with you, it's about the process i am really pissed off about.

mike

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
Mike i understand your frustration. When i went i had no idea they would let us all know. Once they did it, i just assumed they tell everyone. Let's just hope we all get called soon for the oath!

There are two ceremonies this week: one on the 24th and one on July 1st. I was curious when did those people do the test to be called now.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Leonina said:
(...)
There are two ceremonies this week: one on the 24th and one on July 1st. I was curious when did those people do the test to be called now.
I really would like to know this as well to have an outlook...

mike

okr

Jun 28, 2013
I took a test on April 23 in ottawa, and have not received notification letter for Citizenship Ceremony yet. well also i do not know if i passed or not. I was told that i will hear from them in 1-3 month but still not. seems we should receive letter about 2 weeks before the oath day, so i guess i was not invited on July 1st one.Citizenship Ceremonies are also held in 11th and 16th July... hope i will be invited ether one.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
okr said:
I took a test on April 23 in ottawa, and have not received notification letter for Citizenship Ceremony yet. well also i do not know if i passed or not. I was told that i will hear from them in 1-3 month but still not. seems we should receive letter about 2 weeks before the oath day, so i guess i was not invited on July 1st one.Citizenship Ceremonies are also held in 11th and 16th July... hope i will be invited ether one.
You are at least two months after us. We took test on March 1st and haven't' heard anything yet...

Sorry...

mike

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
Yesterday at the RCMP Sunset Ceremonies a family took a reaffirmation of the Citizenship Oath that was done last week. I don't know when they did their test though.

This is a link to an interactive map where we can find citizenship ceremonies.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-06-25.asp?utm_source=rss-media&utm_medium=rss-eng&utm_campaign=generic

okr

Jun 28, 2013
It seems that 130-150 of new Canadians will be invited to the ceremonies on 11th and 16th on july in Ottawa each day. Since they are inviting so many, i feel that i could be one of these. mike, please let us know when you received your oath latter! your turn is soon!