+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, Non UK Applications!

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
chopsticks said:
Hi FK22
If you don't mind me asking could you share what the issue was with your medical?
Since we both have similar cases I am wondering if I should expect them to contact me for the same issue as well?

They send us one medical furtherence in May...just to get some sputum tests etc...we sent the results in July. Another medical furtherence was requested in august and we dont knw what that was for because we never recieved it :(
now they are sending it again.

srehal

May 31, 2012
Hi Guys here is our timeline:

Me (Sponsor) - Sponsorship approved July 15, 2012
PR Application transfer to London - July 21, 2012

No news yet since July, very frustrating!!!

My husband (whom I'm sponsoring) is living in London but is an Indian National, I wonder if this is why its taking so long...

It seems from the forums that most people in my timeline frame have not received any response yet either, so that's a little reaffirming...

Cheers,
Sonia

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
srehal said:

My husband (whom I'm sponsoring) is living in London but is an Indian National, I wonder if this is why its taking so long...

It seems from the forums that most people in my timeline frame have not received any response yet either, so that's a little reaffirming...

Cheers,
Sonia
Hopefully you hear something soon. The July timeline doesn't seem to be very encouraging, but hang in there! My husband is also an Indian national living in the UK, but he's on a post-study work visa. I'm getting worried about our timeline because his visa expires at the end of March 2013 and he hasn't been able to find a way to get a new work visa or extend his visa. I have a feeling him returning to India is going to complicate things, especially if his interview won't be scheduled before he leaves the UK (and I'm expecting an interview because he's an Indian citizen).

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
FK22 said:
They send us one medical furtherence in May...just to get some sputum tests etc...we sent the results in July. Another medical furtherence was requested in august and we dont knw what that was for because we never recieved it :(
now they are sending it again.
Oh ok
We have not received anything like that yet, so I am hoping we are ok in that area (InshAllah)
Really hope your issue gets sorted out quickly. This wait is really very stressful!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
srehal said:

Cheers,
Sonia
Just wondering how do you know your file was transferred to London on July 21, 2012?
When I received the email of sponsorship approval (July 17, 2012) it stated that my file will be transferred there and I am assuming that July 17 would have been the day it was transferred.
So I am just curious if you received any additional information?

Yes, applicants that are not visa-exempt do tend to take longer to process.
HOPEFULLY we will not have to wait too long! For sure this process is very frustrating!

srehal

May 31, 2012
chopsticks said:
Just wondering how do you know your file was transferred to London on July 21, 2012?
When I received the email of sponsorship approval (July 17, 2012) it stated that my file will be transferred there and I am assuming that July 17 would have been the day it was transferred.
So I am just curious if you received any additional information?

Yes, applicants that are not visa-exempt do tend to take longer to process.
HOPEFULLY we will not have to wait too long! For sure this process is very frustrating!
Hi Chopsticks,

I don't know if it was physically transferred just assuming...I sent an email to the UK VO to ask them why there has been no activity on my file for almost 4 months, so hope to hear from them. I sent the email 2 weeks ago, and they say they take up to 28 days to reply, and even then, they might not...

So frustrating!!! I miss my husband so much. His london student visa expires in Feb 2014, so we are ok in that way, but I miss him so badly. I hope we are together very soon.

srehal

May 31, 2012
blueboom said:
Hopefully you hear something soon. The July timeline doesn't seem to be very encouraging, but hang in there! My husband is also an Indian national living in the UK, but he's on a post-study work visa. I'm getting worried about our timeline because his visa expires at the end of March 2013 and he hasn't been able to find a way to get a new work visa or extend his visa. I have a feeling him returning to India is going to complicate things, especially if his interview won't be scheduled before he leaves the UK (and I'm expecting an interview because he's an Indian citizen).
Hi Blueboom,

Its nice to know we are not alone. Don't worry, it'll be process by March 2013. My immigration lawyer said that if my husbands visa were to expire before completion of processing that his application would be transferred to India, but it would not start from the start, but it would delay things a little bit. But don't worry let's keep our fingers crossed. I'm worried because of other factors that are not favorable in our marriage, such as this being my 2nd marriage, while it is a first marriage for my hubby. Furthermore, our wedding was small, since my parents passed away when I was young, and have not been in touch with anyone in my family. He also is alone in the UK, so no family from his side, so we just had friends at the ceremonies (legal and religious) We have a lot of pics, but let's hope this is enough. All I can do is pray that things will turn out ok.

Cheers,
Sonia

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
srehal said:
Hi Chopsticks,

I don't know if it was physically transferred just assuming...I sent an email to the UK VO to ask them why there has been no activity on my file for almost 4 months, so hope to hear from them. I sent the email 2 weeks ago, and they say they take up to 28 days to reply, and even then, they might not...

So frustrating!!! I miss my husband so much. His london student visa expires in Feb 2014, so we are ok in that way, but I miss him so badly. I hope we are together very soon.
Hey Srehal,
I hope and pray all our files were sent to the London office when we received our sponsorship approvals, because there have been cases when they have said the file was transferred and in reality it was still in Canada. :(
Do update us if/when you get a reply from the London visa office :)

I understand how you feel I am living here without my husband as well, it is VERY hard!
Which is why I visit my husband whenever I can.
If you are a Canadian citizen you can visit your husband for a while in the UK :)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
srehal said:
Hi Blueboom,

Its nice to know we are not alone. Don't worry, it'll be process by March 2013. My immigration lawyer said that if my husbands visa were to expire before completion of processing that his application would be transferred to India, but it would not start from the start, but it would delay things a little bit. But don't worry let's keep our fingers crossed. I'm worried because of other factors that are not favorable in our marriage, such as this being my 2nd marriage, while it is a first marriage for my hubby. Furthermore, our wedding was small, since my parents passed away when I was young, and have not been in touch with anyone in my family. He also is alone in the UK, so no family from his side, so we just had friends at the ceremonies (legal and religious) We have a lot of pics, but let's hope this is enough. All I can do is pray that things will turn out ok.

Cheers,
Sonia
It will work out in the end. It's going to be tough for awhile, but as long as your husband tells the VO exactly why you did things the way you did and he shows complete confidence, you are going to be okay.

If our application is transfers to New Delhi before the interview, I might actually cry. I think our relationship would be under greater scrutiny in India than London. We had a large wedding but we mixed up customs to please both families because my family is of Indian descent but not from India. NDVO just scares me lol.

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hey Sonia,

My case is similar and my visa expires in Jan 2013, could you share your immigration lawyer's contact please if it's alright with you..

Saimeet

Picturesque

Nov 3, 2012
To all the non uk applicants applying from London, did you guys get married or had your marriage ceremonies in the UK or in your respective countries? I wonder if this affects the timeline or not?!

Picturesque

Nov 3, 2012
I got married in the UK. Do you guys think it will fast track my process a bit? Any one else with this kind of experience?

srehal

May 31, 2012
saimeet said:
Hey Sonia,

My case is similar and my visa expires in Jan 2013, could you share your immigration lawyer's contact please if it's alright with you..

Saimeet
Hi Saimeet,

My immigration lawyer is Satnam Aujla, his phone number is 403-237-7777, he is based out of calgary, but has offices across canada.

Take Care,

Sonia

srehal

May 31, 2012
Picturesque said:
To all the non uk applicants applying from London, did you guys get married or had your marriage ceremonies in the UK or in your respective countries? I wonder if this affects the timeline or not?!
Hi Picturesque,

I was married in the UK, I don't think this should affect the timeline though. As long as you have a valid government issued marriage certificate from the country you married in, it shouldn't be an issue,

Cheers,
Sonia