+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, Non UK Applications!

srehal

May 31, 2012
We received request for passport today (thank God!!!) Just wanted to know how long it took them to give your passport back after you submitted your passport,

Thanks,
Sonia

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
srehal said:
We received request for passport today (thank God!!!) Just wanted to know how long it took them to give your passport back after you submitted your passport,

Thanks,
Sonia
Congrats! great to hear, you're close to the end! according to the spreadsheet, for most people it took around 2 to 3 weeks...
Good luck - it's almost over!
Sweden

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
srehal said:

Thanks,
Sonia
Congrats!! We waited six weeks after we submitted to get the passport back. Our situation required mailing. I suggest you submit it by drop off instead of mail as you will be able to pick it up after two weeks.

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Dear All,

By the grace of God I got my visa with COPR today. This thread was very helpful for me.

Kindly update my information, I am from non visa exempt country.

Applied October, 2012
File transfer to London November, 2012
Additional document request: May, 2013
Counter Submitted: May, 2013
Visa issued: June, 2013
Thanks,

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Dear All,

Would you please like to advise me what is counterfoil? Does counterfoil means the visa, London VO pasted on my passport? My PR visa has no picture, what's your experience.

Kindly reply !!

Thanks

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
hey guys,

I just want to know my wife applied for me under spouse immigration on 23rd may 2013 and she got sponsorship approval on 25th june 2013 but in the letter they had written that my file is sending to Islamabad embassy Pakistan however I live in London UK and having residence permit of UK until October 2014.

Can any1 please help me why they are sending my file to Pakistan instead of London VO however i selected London VO when i was fillinf application form. What should i do?

thanks

frettis

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
hafiz_faiq said:
hey guys,

I just want to know my wife applied for me under spouse immigration on 23rd may 2013 and she got sponsorship approval on 25th june 2013 but in the letter they had written that my file is sending to Islamabad embassy Pakistan however I live in London UK and having residence permit of UK until October 2014.

Can any1 please help me why they are sending my file to Pakistan instead of London VO however i selected London VO when i was fillinf application form. What should i do?

thanks
But if you are a Pakistani citizen, Islamabad will do your application.

Pakistan, for ALL economic immigration applications Is what London handles from Pakistan only (from what I understand)

Where you live doesnt matter, it's your citizenship that decides who handles your application (or am I wrong maybe)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
frettis said:

Pakistan, for ALL economic immigration applications Is what London handles from Pakistan only (from what I understand)

Where you live doesnt matter, it's your citizenship that decides who handles your application (or am I wrong maybe)
Practically all of the people in this thread are citizens of countries outside of the UK who would normally be processed at a different visa office, but because they have been admitted to the UK for at least a year, they can select London as the processing office. Several Pakistani applicants have used London for family class.

Hafiz, you can inquire why they they sent it to Islamabad but the decision to send it to your home country is at the discretion of CIC, sometimes regardless of your preference. I'm sorry this happened. I hope you can get it sorted out.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
frettis said:

each applicant can choose either country of nationality or country of residence. So he was entitled to ask for London. However, as explained, it's at CIC discretion to choose one over the other, and unfortunately there is not much to do about it.
Economic immigration applications through London have nothing to do with Spousal sponsorship, so that doesn't apply to the current situation.
Sweden

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks Guys for response but if I contact to CIC then what do you think they will transfer the case to London Visa Office because i did not provide them any address of Pakistan so with whom they will contact in Pakistan.

I am living in London and do not have any plans to go back so what you guys think would they consider all that?

Reply plz thanks

Kareena

May 8, 2012
hello everyone

so guess what?
the last update i got was that my husbands application " we started processing your application on Apr 19th, 2013". Apparently they sent a letter that day too about landing fees or something but they sent it to his old address in London and now hes in Pakistan (which we updated months ago). They only sent the letter to him even though we are supposed to get all correspondence going to our lawyer as well.....So then my lawyer followed up just like that and they responded saying they sent a letter to my husband in April then again in July, which obviously he never got. So can you believe 3 months just got wasted for nothing!!!! so anyways now my lawyer is following up and saying that we never got a letter so they should resend it
but does anyone have an idea how long does it take from now if his passport goes to Islamabad,Pakistan for visa processing and all?
basically whats the timeframe and next steps after the landing fees??

thanks!!!