+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, Non UK Applications!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
FK22 said:
I am! ::)

We should try and keep each other updated on whats happening! It will be good to see if our time lines match up..
Yupp sounds good :)
I see you have applied before me so you are a little ahead of me.
I have not heard anything from the visa office since my file was transferred.
btw are you the sponsor or person being sponsored?

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Have any of you ever sent additional proof of your relationship without the visa office asking you to?
I get such mixed views that I cant decide if I should or shouldn't.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
chopsticks said:
Have any of you ever sent additional proof of your relationship without the visa office asking you to?
I get such mixed views that I cant decide if I should or shouldn't.

I am the sponser :D Im not sending anything unless they ask.....I figure if they need it they will ask and if why do effort to send more proof and then wonder if it was the right descion ::)

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
FK22 said:
I am the sponser :D Im not sending anything unless they ask.....I figure if they need it they will ask and if why do effort to send more proof and then wonder if it was the right descion ::)
Honestly that is the exact same thing I am thinking, but I see so many people on this forum sending additional proof so it just makes me think if I should or not.
also, I read on here that when they have to ask for additional proof or and interview then that delays the process too.
so that is why I am not sure.

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
My wife is a Canadian living in India and I'm an Indian studying in the UK. We had applied for PR in March end with all documents. On Aug 3rd my wife received a mail stating that the PR is approved and the file is being sent to London visa office which we selected as I am living in the UK. Its coming close to 3 months as of Nov 3rd and have not heard anything from London VO and are a little worried mainly because my student visa will expire in Jan 2013 first week.

1) I was planing to request for GCMS notes as I have a friend in Canada. Will requesting for the electronic notes hamper or delay my file processing in London ?

2) Is it worth sending the London visa office a mail asking them the status and putting forward my issue regarding expiration of my visa ? Would this give the London office the idea of sending the files to the Delhi office as my visa expires and can they take a decision to do something like that or is it don with my consent?

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
London seems to be behind for everyone. They are currently finishing June and working on July. I think you should be ok. You can try sending them an email they might reply or not. But there was some improvement this week in London.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
saimeet said:
My wife is a Canadian living in India and I'm an Indian studying in the UK. We had applied for PR in March end with all documents. On Aug 3rd my wife received a mail stating that the PR is approved and the file is being sent to London visa office which we selected as I am living in the UK. Its coming close to 3 months as of Nov 3rd and have not heard anything from London VO and are a little worried mainly because my student visa will expire in Jan 2013 first week.

1) I was planing to request for GCMS notes as I have a friend in Canada. Will requesting for the electronic notes hamper or delay my file processing in London ?

2) Is it worth sending the London visa office a mail asking them the status and putting forward my issue regarding expiration of my visa ? Would this give the London office the idea of sending the files to the Delhi office as my visa expires and can they take a decision to do something like that or is it don with my consent?
Since your file was transferred to the London office in August that means you are still within the processing time period, which currently is 8 months for the London visa office.
Emailing them about your status would not do much for you. They might just send you a standard email.
I am not sure about your situation of your student visa expiring. I believe there was someone on this thread with a similar situation. You can find out what he/she did.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saimeet said:
thanks guys

temmyt, did you hear about the improvements on one of the forums ??

What improvements?

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Guys also is anyone aware once CHC London asks for your passport for the visa how long do they keep your passport for till you receive the visa stamp ?

Saimeet

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saimeet said:
Guys also is anyone aware once CHC London asks for your passport for the visa how long do they keep your passport for till you receive the visa stamp ?

Saimeet
I beleive the time varies from 2 weeks to a month but you can go in and get it done in two weeks..drop off and pick up

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
thanks FK22.

Guys anyone know whether the processing an London VO has sped up or not as I was made aware from one of the forums that Sep and Oct they were busy with the other visa categories..any update would help :)

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
FK22 said:
Hey they were in contact but only because of medicals...medicals are dealt with in a seperate department ...
Hi FK22
If you don't mind me asking could you share what the issue was with your medical?
Since we both have similar cases I am wondering if I should expect them to contact me for the same issue as well?