+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, Non UK Applications!

srehal

May 31, 2012
So I've also been following another thread, meant for London visa office processing for british nationals. It seems to be far quicker for those to be processed, I guess cause they don't have as much paperwork to cross check. No one on our thread has a completed timeline for their application, so wondering how long it takes on average for us non-uk applications. Anyone here have a personal timeline they can share with us???

Thanks,
Sonia

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Picturesque said:
To all the non uk applicants applying from London, did you guys get married or had your marriage ceremonies in the UK or in your respective countries? I wonder if this affects the timeline or not?!
Hi,
I am not sure if that affects your processing time. I myself did not get married in the UK.
I assume as long as you have a proper marriage certificate you should be okay, but then again you never know with the London office...

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Just an update

On November 12, 2012 we were asked for additional documents.
Good news is at least we know our file is in London and has been opened.
Bad news is it may cause delays in our processing, although I hope it doesn't!

Good Luck all of you! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
srehal said:
So I've also been following another thread, meant for London visa office processing for british nationals. It seems to be far quicker for those to be processed, I guess cause they don't have as much paperwork to cross check. No one on our thread has a completed timeline for their application, so wondering how long it takes on average for us non-uk applications. Anyone here have a personal timeline they can share with us???

Thanks,
Sonia
Hey Sonia,

the only one that is close to completion is Fhaider, who applied in January, then got sponsor approval in march, and recently got a passport request ( as he was on a study visa in the UK which expired, then he is now in Pakistan and having troubles to send his passport to London, so it's creating extra delays...) - so it is longer than for EU citizen for sure, but it still seems to be happening... it also depends on how straightforward your case is ( how long you have been married for, if you are living together etc).
Good luck,
Sweden

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Mine is also the same case, student visa expiring on 11th Jan 2013 and when I sent an email telling London office its expiring all they said was " Its in queue to be reviewed by an officer" :(

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hello Sweden,

I wanted to know if you have an offer or getting calls from Canadian recruiters for jobs, can that be used to speed up your processing ??

Saimeet

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saimeet said:
Hello Sweden,

I wanted to know if you have an offer or getting calls from Canadian recruiters for jobs, can that be used to speed up your processing ??

Saimeet
Hey Saimeet,

Unfortunately, I don't think it will do anything for your case as it is a different process. If you have an offer from a company though, you might try and ask them if they can do the LMO process for your (Labour Market Opinion), so like this you could go to Canada on a work permit, and wait in Canada for your PR to come through - once your PR is issued, then you could switch status. You can be in Canada while waiting for your PR, if you have a status...
Other than that - I don't think it will speed up the process.
In your case - I don't know when you applied as I can not see you on the spreadsheet, unfortunately I am not sure that the process will be done by the time your student visa expires, so you might have issues when asked to send your passport etc - but you can deal with that when it comes, no point in worrying in advance now..

Good luck,
Sweden

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hey Sweden apologies for not updating the sheet

I got my PR approval on Aug 3rd.its been 3.5 months. The I sent a mail to London vo telling them about my visa expiring they just replied that my file is in queue for processing. So just being positive and might leave back to my home country India by end of Dec.

I have ordered for my gcms notes which I should get by Dec 4th, let's see what it says.

If your in Canada do you mind sharing your number

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saimeet said:
Hey Sweden apologies for not updating the sheet

I got my PR approval on Aug 3rd.its been 3.5 months. The I sent a mail to London vo telling them about my visa expiring they just replied that my file is in queue for processing. So just being positive and might leave back to my home country India by end of Dec.

I have ordered for my gcms notes which I should get by Dec 4th, let's see what it says.

If your in Canada do you mind sharing your number
Well maybe then you can still make it before your visa expires - I hope so for you. But if your case is transferred to New Delhi it should not delay too much, as it seems to be quite a fast VO, so you should be fine even if transferred.
Your notes will probably give you quite a good idea of where they are in the process, and hopefully you will hear back from them at the same time as the notes...
Good luck!
Sweden

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Ohh that a little reliving to hear with regards to the case getting transefrred. Any idea if it gets transferred to Delhi VO would you be aware of whats the duration after Delhi gets the files. I would really hope so as that the visa comes here while Im in the UK.

Also GCMS should give some more clarity :)

Fingers crossed :D

Regards
Saimeet

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saimeet said:
Ohh that a little reliving to hear with regards to the case getting transefrred. Any idea if it gets transferred to Delhi VO would you be aware of whats the duration after Delhi gets the files. I would really hope so as that the visa comes here while Im in the UK.

Also GCMS should give some more clarity :)

Fingers crossed :D

Regards
Saimeet
I have no idea how it works for file transfers, somebody on this thread mentioned it but I don't have any direct experience with that myself, sorry.
Fingers crossed indeed!
Sweden

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Sweden said:
I have no idea how it works for file transfers, somebody on this thread mentioned it but I don't have any direct experience with that myself, sorry.
Fingers crossed indeed!
Sweden
I did ask about the potential of files transferring to New Delhi once a UK visa expires, but that thread moves so fast, I think my post got overpowered:eek: ... or few people have been in that situation.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
saimeet said:
blueboom

when does your visa expire and are you in the UK currently ?
It's my husband who is in the UK. His post-study work visa (non-renewable) expires in March 2013, but I received sponsor approval this month. Considering London seems to be now working on files where the sponsor was approved in July, we're expecting our file to go into processing in February, meaning he's going back to India. And probably before an interview is requested.