+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

Calm123

Feb 5, 2021
I just wish we received our permanent AOR very soon. And more positive news
hey Roye! Thanks for the insight, I’ve been stressing thinking about what they meant as my Application no. was also quoted in the email.
also I’ve gotten my permanent number more that a month ago. And medicals request june8th, did the medicals june 16th.Up until now no update, not even an update if I passed my medicals or not. I’ve never been so stressed over an application. I wish we are all granted so we can moved on with our lives.

Reactions: roye

roye

Jan 13, 2021
hey Roye! Thanks for the insight, I’ve been stressing thinking about what they meant as my Application no. was also quoted in the email.
also I’ve gotten my permanent number more that a month ago. And medicals request june8th, did the medicals june 16th.Up until now no update, not even an update if I passed my medicals or not. I’ve never been so stressed over an application. I wish we are all granted so we can moved on with our lives.
I wish the same for all of us too. Good for you, you are almost there. Are you inside applicant?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
“we are now increasing our processing speed.”

got the same generic email today. Again, it will be the same normal way of getting the PR. Work permit first,then complete your 24 months for PR.
Quami, so don’t worry. It doesn’t mean that we will get ahead of you. To give you an insight, there are around 60k applicants of TR to PR that they currently processing for PR. They are more deserving to get the PR compared to someone who was never been here in Canada.
That’s my take as of this moment. Because I still know lots of people who are more deserving than me who are still waiting for their PR for a looong time.

Calm123

Feb 5, 2021
May I know your timeline Calm123, please and thank you
Applied for Home support worker pilot: August 30th 2020.
I Rceived temporary AOR serval times in March and April 2021, can’t even remember the exact date.
Permanent AOR: May 5th
Medicals request: June 8th
Medicals done: June 16th.
No updates since.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Applied for Home support worker pilot: August 30th 2020.
I Rceived temporary AOR serval times in March and April 2021, can’t even remember the exact date.
Permanent AOR: May 5th
Medicals request: June 8th
Medicals done: June 16th.
No updates since.
I am September 2020 applicant from inside. They are now working on Sep 6-12 applications. God is working on your application. Dont stress now. We are all equal and deserving. As we have our own sacrifices and our stories to tell. God is at work. praying for positive results on your application Calm123

Reactions: Calm123 and Haert

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Im so sorry quami, i wish i have an answer but the information stated was for 2020 applicants.
Exactly. That's why I'm wondering if they've actually forgotten that there are 2019 applicants and they have been waiting longer than 2020 applicants

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Exactly. That's why I'm wondering if they've actually forgotten that there are 2019 applicants and they have been waiting longer than 2020 applicants
“using the same criteria under the pilot in which you applied”

they also said these words in the email. So don’t worry quami. It doesn’t mean that we will be exempted for the requirements for PR. They will use SAME CRITERIA as usual. And until now, I never heard anyone from 2020 who got an open work permit (except for those who completed their 24 month).

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi Twinkleberry,

You were right with your hunch.

For caregiver applicants on 2020 which was not processed and reviewed both for HCCP AND HSW will be granted PR directly. Maybe that is the reason why applicants from 2020 only received temporary UCI and temporary or permanent PR application number and not with temporary work permit number(for those who also applied for their work permits).

As 2020 applicants no longer fall under the CAREGIVER PILOTS but under the PUBLIC POLICY.

This is what is special about the PUBLIC POLICY on the 3rd of May, 2021.

Applicants on 2019 and 2021 will be processed accordingly(through Caregiver Pathway Pilots), 2750 caps for HCCP and 2750 caps for HSW, per year.

It was also stated that..
"In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date on which they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures."
I think I saw an instruction for the officers processing 2020 caregivers. It gives guidelines on how officers should process 2020 caregivers under the new policy.

I guess whether any of us on the forum is 2019, 2020 or 2021, we will just have to wait and see how it all works out.
They will eventually process everyone, 2019 will definitely get work permits this year. 2020 with new public policy will get permanent residence but it may take longer.
With this whole application, I have learnt to just chill and maybe get busy with other things, then time flies faster.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I think I saw an instruction for the officers processing 2020 caregivers. It gives guidelines on how officers should process 2020 caregivers under the new policy.

I guess whether any of us on the forum is 2019, 2020 or 2021, we will just have to wait and see how it all works out.
They will eventually process everyone, 2019 will definitely get work permits this year. 2020 with new public policy will get permanent residence but it may take longer.
With this whole application, I have learnt to just chill and maybe get busy with other things, then time flies faster.
Twinkleberry, I would always look forward to your reply and posts as I gain positivity in you too. You are right, definitely, keeping ourselves busy will make things lighter for us as there is no point anymore on stressing as it will never change a thing. After all, the processing is out of our control anymore. As it is all up to them now.

Last edited:

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Hi, I also received the same letter yesterday. I am a Nov 2020 applicant. I am really worried about the processing time as I have not yet sent them my police certificates. How soon will they ask for documents missing does anyone know?

G P S

Jun 6, 2021
Hi, I also received the same letter yesterday. I am a Nov 2020 applicant. I am really worried about the processing time as I have not yet sent them my police certificates. How soon will they ask for documents missing does anyone know?
Hello everyone, kindly tell is this letter received by inside or outside canada applicants??