+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
The public policy on 2020 HCCP/HSWP applicants is simply ; a policy that is meant to exempt 2020 applicants from the requirement of work permit to PR in order to help ircc save time to process 2021 applicants, or their will be multiple year processing delays for 2021 and others yet to apply.
Whether we want to believe it or not..they will do it (grant PR to 2020 applicants who were not processed in 2020). Thats why its called "temporary policy"...its not supposed to be applied on everyone. The aim is to single out portions of applicants/applications (2020 applications) and push them to stage 2 or PR stage, which they believe will help them concentrate on working on 2019 and 2021 work permit applications.

There's been other public policies targeting other types of immigrants; families of victims of air crash, recent international students working in canada, foreigners working in essential services etc see all of them in the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies.html
This is what i have gathered as well

• Love
Reactions: roye

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Anybody here applied for home support worker pilot like me? Can you please share your timelines too? Thank you

Wish21

Apr 23, 2021
Anybody here applied for home support worker pilot like me? Can you please share your timelines too? Thank you
HSW from inside canada with less than 24 years of experiance. Application submitted on jan 05, 2021. Received Temporary file number on May 13, 2021.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I must agree with you, your brother in law must have done the best and right thing for his situation. As all applications are case to case basis. Only a person, has the right to pick the kind of pathway most suitable for him/her with no questions ask. I should say too that caregiver pathway and other pathways have its own battles, if you are not physically and mentally prepared it will be more challenging. Caregivers are intelligent too and professionals, not to mention probably nurses or teachers who chose this pathway that might contribute to related-work experince for latter plans.

I believe this forum is made to strengthen one another and contribute to the positivity. We are all facing the same predicaments, lifting one another is rather helpful. The reality is given, let us support one another.

Kudos to you Twinkleberry and to everyone who is keeping their faith to the strongest.

Hi Twinkleberry,

You were right with your hunch.

For caregiver applicants on 2020 which was not processed and reviewed both for HCCP AND HSW will be granted PR directly. Maybe that is the reason why applicants from 2020 only received temporary UCI and temporary or permanent PR application number and not with temporary work permit number(for those who also applied for their work permits).

As 2020 applicants no longer fall under the CAREGIVER PILOTS but under the PUBLIC POLICY.

This is what is special about the PUBLIC POLICY on the 3rd of May, 2021.

Applicants on 2019 and 2021 will be processed accordingly(through Caregiver Pathway Pilots), 2750 caps for HCCP and 2750 caps for HSW, per year.

It was also stated that..
"In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date on which they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures."

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
There are almost 15k applicants in TR to PR pathway as of today. So I don’t know how the ircc will manage all the overflowing applications. (Aside from those applicants who are under spousal sponsorship, express entry, etc).
So please pray more regarding this public policy. Because I cannot see any updates regarding this news.
i hope that soon, this forum will be the most active forum here.

Reactions: myrrah0315

roye

Jan 13, 2021
There are almost 15k applicants in TR to PR pathway as of today. So I don’t know how the ircc will manage all the overflowing applications. (Aside from those applicants who are under spousal sponsorship, express entry, etc).
So please pray more regarding this public policy. Because I cannot see any updates regarding this news.
i hope that soon, this forum will be the most active forum here.

You are right. I think they are mostly students too. Let us hope for more actions on this temporary policy. So that our applications will be processed accordingly.

Rest assured that I will post accurate updates on this, if there is any.

God Bless us all.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Received a letter from the IRCC stating

Information for applicants under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots.

It says that no action is needed if you do not want to withdraw your application otherwise, inform them by August 7, 2021.
It says too that they will now speed up applications for HCCP and HSWP 2020 under public policy .

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
So what about those who applied in 2019?

Calm123

Feb 5, 2021
Received a letter from the IRCC stating

Information for applicants under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots.

It says that no action is needed if you do not want to withdraw your application otherwise, inform them by August 7, 2021.
It says too that they will now speed up applications for HCCP and HSWP 2020 under public policy .
Omg, me too! Received same email an hour ago. I’m getting really anxious.

Reactions: roye

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Omg, me too! Received same email an hour ago. I’m getting really anxious.
I think this is just a reassurance for 2020 applicants about the the temporary public policy that was announced on the 3rd of May and will now fast track accordingly. Also, last time I talked to an agent, he said that receiving even a temporary aor means that the application is on queue for review and was able to reach the quota for the number of applicants they need on the year i have submitted my application.

Reactions: Calm123