+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
I disagree with your statement UNTIL i know even one caregiver who was granted PR even without experience. I really wish you will prove me wrong...
Kindly look at the eligibility requirements here, it says EITHER 24 months Canadian work experience or job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/assessing-application-selection-criteria.html

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Oh okay, thanks for the link. So let’s see. I wish I’m wrong . We only have until next month for them to give away PR. I wish they can consider my situation who’ve been here since 2018.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Oh okay, thanks for the link. So let’s see. I wish I’m wrong . We only have until next month for them to give away PR. I wish they can consider my situation who’ve been here since 2018.
Of course, you should get your PR provided there are no issues with your requirements. Because as we all know, meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee approval by IRCC. PR is a privilege that IRCC gives to people who are still citizens of other countries (even already granted with PR, you are still a foreign national).

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Of course, you should get your PR provided there are no issues with your requirements. Because as we all know, meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee approval by IRCC. PR is a privilege that IRCC gives to people who are still citizens of other countries (even already granted with PR, you are still a foreign national).
I only have 4 months experience here. I know I will get my PR after I met the eligibility criteria. But with 4 months experience, I’m not sure.

sras

May 20, 2021
Don’t forget to scroll down and then you’ll find out :)

Applicants without 24 months of experience
Applicants who are otherwise eligible but who lack the 24 months of qualifying Canadian work experience at the time of their application for permanent residence
will receive an occupation-specific open work permit.
Within 36 months of the issuing of the occupation-specific open work permit, the applicant must demonstrate that they have obtained at least 24 months of authorized full-time work experience. Any qualifying work experience claimed must have been obtained within 36 months of the issuing of the occupation-specific open work permit was issued.

Reactions: T365 and ProudNanny

sras

May 20, 2021
Don’t forget to scroll down and then you’ll find out :)

Applicants without 24 months of experience
Applicants who are otherwise eligible but who lack the 24 months of qualifying Canadian work experience at the time of their application for permanent residence Within 36 months of the issuing of the occupation-specific open work permit, the applicant must demonstrate that they have obtained at least 24 months of authorized full-time work experience. Any qualifying work experience claimed must have been obtained within 36 months of the issuing of the occupation-specific open work permit was issued.
it’s also mentioned in the public policy document that:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/caregivers-permanent-residence.html?fbclid=IwAR1ydbZyKJbctRIrE5ZVLxNU5wTqZmXOoqFnDdqQV01mSQ74MNkZfx-pEB4

B. Meets the eligibility criteria of the pilot class in which they had applied;
so only those candidates who meets 2 years of Canadian work experience will get the PR and rest will be issued an occupation specific open work permit to gain 2 years of exp

Reactions: ProudNanny

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
it’s also mentioned in the public policy document that:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/caregivers-permanent-residence.html?fbclid=IwAR1ydbZyKJbctRIrE5ZVLxNU5wTqZmXOoqFnDdqQV01mSQ74MNkZfx-pEB4

so only those candidates who meets 2 years of Canadian work experience will get the PR and rest will be issued an occupation specific open work permit to gain 2 years of exp
Yup. That’s exactly what the IRCC agent told me regarding the recent public policy. That’s why I repeatedly said that it’s nothing special. It’s only OPEN WORK PERMIT and not PR (unless you completed the 2 years experience). But I understand if they are still holding on to this hope that Canada will grant them PR even without experience. Believe me, i’ve been here in Canada for few years and I only see people who got their PR (even without experience) after they spend money and showing their filled bank account. So I am sorry if I cannot believe their fairy tale, coz I see a different thing here in Canada.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
You've been here in canada since 2018. Why only 4mos of work experience?
Good question. Employers does not want to undergo the LMIA process. Second, I got fooled by an employer telling me that they are processing the LMIA but they didn’t. Third, one of my supposed employer became bankrupt that he cannot continue hiring me after months of waiting. Fourth, COVID hits. Once you’re under a closed work permit, it’s not possible to change job the next day.
i know many caregivers here who got stuck because of that LMIA requirements, that’s why I shifted to new pilot just in case something bad happened again. So believing that Canada will just give away PR without experience is a fairy tale. You will understand it once you got here and meet many caregivers who waited yearsssss for PR.

hccp_2019

May 18, 2021
Good question. Employers does not want to undergo the LMIA process. Second, I got fooled by an employer telling me that they are processing the LMIA but they didn’t. Third, one of my supposed employer became bankrupt that he cannot continue hiring me after months of waiting. Fourth, COVID hits. Once you’re under a closed work permit, it’s not possible to change job the next day.
i know many caregivers here who got stuck because of that LMIA requirements, that’s why I shifted to new pilot just in case something bad happened again. So believing that Canada will just give away PR without experience is a fairy tale. You will understand it once you got here and meet many caregivers who waited yearsssss for PR.
Well, Canada routinely gives PR without Canadian Experience from outside Canada, might not be true for Caregivers for now. Being a caregiver is the same as any other profession, so it's possible that a PR can be granted at least for this Public Policy.

What I'm saying is historical data about caregivers waiting for PR doesn't always mean the same will happen in the future. There is still a chance that some applicants will be granted PR with only small caveats.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Well, Canada routinely gives PR without Canadian Experience from outside Canada, might not be true for Caregivers for now. Being a caregiver is the same as any other profession, so it's possible that a PR can be granted at least for this Public Policy.

What I'm saying is historical data about caregivers waiting for PR doesn't always mean the same will happen in the future. There is still a chance that some applicants will be granted PR with only small caveats.
Yup. I know what you meant. I tried Express Entry. Sadly, i only got 360 points.
we only have until next month for them to give PR to those without experience, but until now, no update yet. The only people who got updates are currently here in Canada. So if they will do that, i guess they will prioritize people who are already in Canada WITHOUT EXPERIENCE like me. But I’m not hoping, because i see a different thing here. And the IRCC agent told me that I still need 2 years experience based on the recent public policy.

hccp_2019

May 18, 2021
Unfortunately, caregivers have always been deemed "special" by IRCC. There's always a "special" regulation governing caregivers path to PR for so many years. Good that it has a special path compared to other immigration streams, bad that it's somewhat limited in a way. Caregivers should have been the same as any other profession and should be included in the express entry, there might be some tweaking with qualifications, but I don't seen the difference between caregivers and other professions, Canada still needs all of them to strengthen the economy.

IRCC has always been problematic, with Covid in the middle, a perfect storm of nonsense and horror stories will be the norm. We should base our analysis on current regulation and public policy to which we all have access. having said that, anything is possible under the sun as long as the regulation doesn't specifically say it, lots of gray areas on these rules so they have the ability to pivot if needed without breaking any of them. Cheers

Reactions: ProudNanny

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Unfortunately, caregivers have always been deemed "special" by IRCC. There's always a "special" regulation governing caregivers path to PR for so many years. Good that it has a special path compared to other immigration streams, bad that it's somewhat limited in a way. Caregivers should have been the same as any other profession and should be included in the express entry, there might be some tweaking with qualifications, but I don't seen the difference between caregivers and other professions, Canada still needs all of them to strengthen the economy.

IRCC has always been problematic, with Covid in the middle, a perfect storm of nonsense and horror stories will be the norm. We should base our analysis on current regulation and public policy to which we all have access. having said that, anything is possible under the sun as long as the regulation doesn't specifically say it, lots of gray areas on these rules so they have the ability to pivot if needed without breaking any of them. Cheers
Thanks for giving us hope. I want to have that same hope, too.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
How long does Ircc agents mentioned to wait? Cos in July will complete 2 years, starting to feel better I had continued studying than wasting 2 years of my life like this :(

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
How long does Ircc agents mentioned to wait? Cos in July will complete 2 years, starting to feel better I had continued studying than wasting 2 years of my life like this :(
Try to call IRCC, keep on calling regarding your application.