+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I read it. But it’s all about FACILITATING only. It means they will just process it, but it doesn’t mean as NOW. I’m an HCCP pilot applicant last October 2020 without experience yet, even if I’m inside Canada for 2 years under the old caregiver program.
so I hope someone will PROVE ME WRONG on my understanding of the new public policy.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
Is it means they only process the cases submitted in 2019 and 2020, they won't process the cases submitted in 2021?

sras

May 20, 2021
Hi just want share my knowledge as per conversation with IRCC representatives over the phone about couple of days ago. It seems like lot's of people have miscommunication about new special message from IRCC that all 2020 applicants will get the PR. Well answer to that question is "No". "Public Policy has clearly stated that caregivers who applied under the HCCP Class or the HSW Class in 2020, but whose application was not entered into processing due to delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic are going to be considered who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions listed below.

What this statement means? Well let's take an example around sometime in Nov 2020 (for e.g Nov 13, 2020) when IRCC announced that Home Childcare Provider Pilot has closed for new applications for 2020. Well at that point suppose they've counted the actual count of 2750 and after Nov 13, 2020 stopped receiving the caregiver applications and didn't inform anyone whose application was received after the 2750th count and year 2021 started and those applicants has still not been informed and found that 2021 quota has also reached and missed the opportunity to apply in 2021 as well. It only of those candidates IRCC has made this special announcement that those applications will be counted even they've reached the quota for 2020.

It doesn't mean what all three stream of 2020 will directly get the PR. Well those applicants who have applied under PR stream if they meet the eligibility criteria they'll get the PR, rest will get the work permit and will have to complete their 2 years experience to meet the eligibility criteria.

I hope it makes sense. Chao!

Reactions: Jasz1_2021

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi just want share my knowledge as per conversation with IRCC representatives over the phone about couple of days ago. It seems like lot's of people have miscommunication about new special message from IRCC that all 2020 applicants will get the PR. Well answer to that question is "No". "Public Policy has clearly stated that caregivers who applied under the HCCP Class or the HSW Class in 2020, but whose application was not entered into processing due to delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic are going to be considered who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions listed below.

What this statement means? Well let's take an example around sometime in Nov 2020 (for e.g Nov 13, 2020) when IRCC announced that Home Childcare Provider Pilot has closed for new applications for 2020. Well at that point suppose they've counted the actual count of 2750 and after Nov 13, 2020 stopped receiving the caregiver applications and didn't inform anyone whose application was received after the 2750th count and year 2021 started and those applicants has still not been informed and found that 2021 quota has also reached and missed the opportunity to apply in 2021 as well. It only of those candidates IRCC has made this special announcement that those applications will be counted even they've reached the quota for 2020.

It doesn't mean what all three stream of 2020 will directly get the PR. Well those applicants who have applied under PR stream if they meet the eligibility criteria they'll get the PR, rest will get the work permit and will have to complete their 2 years experience to meet the eligibility criteria.

I hope it makes sense. Chao!
Thank you for sharing. That’s also what I understand with the word FACILITATE (giving permanent file number only and NOT PR itself). Because all 2020 applicants got temporary number only as opposed to 2019 applicants who got an AOR and some update (but were just delayed due to pandemic). that’s why they only mentioned 2020.
I understand their sentiments when they want to hold on to this tiny hope of “PR magic” even without Canada experience. Let’s face it, even those caregivers who completed their contract are all waiting for their overdue PR until now.
I understand that you’re all disappointed that this public policy for HCCP pilot is nothing special. I was too.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing. That’s also what I understand with the word FACILITATE (giving permanent file number only and NOT PR itself). Because all 2020 applicants got temporary number only as opposed to 2019 applicants who got an AOR and some update (but were just delayed due to pandemic). that’s why they only mentioned 2020.
I understand their sentiments when they want to hold on to this tiny hope of “PR magic” even without Canada experience. Let’s face it, even those caregivers who completed their contract are all waiting for their overdue PR until now.
I understand that you’re all disappointed that this public policy for HCCP pilot is nothing special. I was too.
If you carefully check section 25.2 of IRPA mentioned in the public policy, there are also the words "exempting from other requirements under IRPA." IRCC Minister has invoked this to make granting of PR easier and faster. Without using that section, then I would agree with you that there's nothing really special about this public policy. The exemption on certain reqirements will be the value added in this public policy. Without it, others may face the dilemma of having their documents returned. On the possible granting of PR to caregivers without Canadian experience, i think it is possible because IRCC does that in Express entry (be granted PR even all work experiences were from abroad so long they get higher points and be invited to apply for PR).

Reactions: roye and joe_cic

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
If you carefully check section 25.2 of IRPA mentioned in the public policy, there are also the words "exempting from other requirements under IRPA." IRCC Minister has invoked this to make granting of PR easier and faster. Without using that section, then I would agree with you that there's nothing really special about this public policy. The exemption on certain reqirements will be the value added in this public policy. Without it, others may face the dilemma of having their documents returned. On the possible granting of PR to caregivers without Canadian experience, i think it is possible because IRCC does that in Express entry (be granted PR even all work experiences were from abroad so long they get higher points and be invited to apply for PR).
Express Entry must spend thousands of dollar to be invited for PR. I wish you can prove me wrong and tell me to my face that they gave someone a PR under HCCP even without experience. Are you here in Canada? Do you know anyone from Express Entry? I’m here in Canada since 2018, and I still don’t have PR yet. Yes, they will give PR to express entry applicants even without Canada experience, but in exchange of proving their worth. If you think Express entry is easy, then why do you still settle in applying for Caregiver?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I’m not mad at you, I am mad at the Canada’s system. I called IRCC to confirm about the recent public policy. And she still asked me for a 2 years experience. So public policy is nothing special, to my disappointment.

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Express Entry must spend thousands of dollar to be invited for PR. I wish you can prove me wrong and tell me to my face that they gave someone a PR under HCCP even without experience. Are you here in Canada? Do you know anyone from Express Entry? I’m here in Canada since 2018, and I still don’t have PR yet. Yes, they will give PR to express entry applicants even without Canada experience, but in exchange of proving their worth. If you think Express entry is easy, then why do you still settle in applying for Caregiver?
I agree, you need to show money in Express Entry per dependent. It is the same with HCCP (kindly check link below). I didn't say that IRCC has granted PR to caregivers without Canadian work experience. I said it is a possibility given what they are doing under Express Entry. Yes I have so many friends in Canada who applied thru express entry and were granted PR without Canadian work experience.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/admissibility.html

• Love
Reactions: roye

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
I’m not mad at you, I am mad at the Canada’s system. I called IRCC to confirm about the recent public policy. And she still asked me for a 2 years experience. So public policy is nothing special, to my disappointment.
[/QUOTE
We're all good. Probably let's just wait and see next month (June 2021).

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I agree, you need to show money in Express Entry per dependent. It is the same with HCCP (kindly check link below). I didn't say that IRCC has granted PR to caregivers without Canadian work experience. I said it is a possibility given what they are doing under Express Entry. Yes I have so many friends in Canada who applied thru express entry and were granted PR without Canadian work experience.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/admissibility.html
I disagree with your statement UNTIL i know even one caregiver who was granted PR even without experience. I really wish you will prove me wrong...