+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
No idea my friend, I think (may or may not be) all work permit applications on hold in Islamabad. 10 months already passed, we can not even make complain to some one.......

sttk said:
Dear AB_xyz, NOTHING from my side. Dear plz find out max limit of this process. 10 months finished now how long it will take more (max) one year 2 year or more plz reply THANKS

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
My wife has also applied for SOWP but still there is no update.

I also applied for PR (PNP) so will this affect my wife's application.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no updates yet. 6 months gone. :-\

Any one waiting more than 6 months for SOWP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ali45 said:
Still no updates yet. 6 months gone. :-\

Any one waiting more than 6 months for SOWP?
If it helps to know it's certainly possible with CIC Islamabad. I have seen people wait up to a year. CIC website states current average processing time for work permits for Islamabad are 6 months. These averages used to be higher as well - up to 9 or 10 months over the last few years.

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hello Guys,

After long long long wait finally got medical from CIC today atleast they started processing work permit applications now.

Ali & STTk what about you guys. I am praying for all of you inshallah plz share good news

Thanks

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CONGRATULATION dear AB_xyz, after long time we heard good news.i di,t receive anything pray for us.if you receive any update plz let us inform.THANKS

tardtard

Jun 30, 2015
Hi all.

Just thought I'd update everyone in case this helps anyone out. So after applying online/filing my application online for a work permit on MARCH 3rd for an extension of my PGWP (which expired in November 2014 because of my passport expiry date) I received a reply on July 20th 2015 from CIC islamabad.

Unfortunately my application is/was rejected. I left Canada and my PGWP expired while I was outside of Canada so that was the issue. They said the PGWP is a one time thing and had I been in Canada it would have been easier for me to renew. They did invite me to apply under the regular work permit stream using my CSQ and a job offer from my future employer. They also stressed that I apply on PAPER.

I will consider all my options I guess.

Anyway for early March applicants you should be getting a reply soon. Inshaallah hopefully there will be positive replies for all of you waiting for your work permits. Wish you all the best of luck!

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hello AB_xyz & fkl, i do,t know anything about GCMS.how & where to send? what to send? how & how much to pay without credit card.plz guide me by e mail if possible. this is my e mail(jawadkhan537@yahoo.com).i always appreciated yours experience.THANKS

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hello Sttk,

CIC will release GCMS notes only to some one who is in Canada upon your authorization. Please go through the link given below, If you have any question regarding GCMS let me know

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

sttk said:
Hello AB_xyz & fkl, i do,t know anything about GCMS.how & where to send? what to send? how & how much to pay without credit card.plz guide me by e mail if possible. this is my e mail(jawadkhan537 @ yahoo.com).i always appreciated yours experience.THANKS

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AB_xyz said:
Hello Sttk,

CIC will release GCMS notes only to some one who is in Canada upon your authorization. Please go through the link given below, If you have any question regarding GCMS let me know

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This should be helpful too. Some people in Canada offer it for free - though its been a while so i don't know if its still the same. Otherwise it would be a small fee and some waiting time.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sttk said:
Hello AB_xyz & fkl, i do,t know anything about GCMS.how & where to send? what to send? how & how much to pay without credit card.plz guide me by e mail if possible. this is my e mail(jawadkhan537 @ yahoo.com).i always appreciated yours experience.THANKS
hello sttk, only the person who is physically present in Canada can order GCMS notes. If the applicant itself applying for notes from inside Canada then there will be no fee. If someone else who is physically present in Canada are applying on behalf of applicant than there will be $5.00 fee applied, and applicant have to sign a consent form (IMM5744e) and give it to the person who is applying. In both cases the notes will be delivered on 30th day (exact one month).

I know all this because I applied GCMS notes on behalf of my spouse for SOWP application.

There are certain agencies and consultancy firms who help applicant and they charged somewhere around $35 to $55.

For more information please youtube GCMS notes.

Hope this helps.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for my spouse wp on Jan 27 2015 and today we got an email for medical.. She had completed her medical in February 2015 and the application online showed medical passed.. after a few minutes she got a call from Islamabad CHC that they have missed her medical results and kindly ignore the medical request email as she has already cleared it..
When she inquired about application status all they said is her application is now being "Actively" been worked upon..
Hope to hear more good news soon!

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse got the medical today. Best of luck to all of you who are waiting. Hope you all get good news soon.

I have one question that I am calling Iom karachi to book an appointment but no one is picking up the phone. Just wondering how to book the medical exam appointment?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ali45 said:
My spouse got the medical today. Best of luck to all of you who are waiting. Hope you all get good news soon.

I have one question that I am calling Iom karachi to book an appointment but no one is picking up the phone. Just wondering how to book the medical exam appointment?
They used to offer email as an alternate too. Otherwise, just keep trying - preferably either early in the morning or between 1 and 4 pm