fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I haven't seen a thread covering this, so thought of reaching out and checking.

Is there any one who has applied for a work permit in this year from Pakistan? Please share your time lines, experience, NOC Code. Did you apply alone or with family?

What is the effect of current news in media in canada regarding temp foreign workers stealing canadian jobs and its consequences on processing times?

Mine is one such case and i might have a good deal of info, which could be useful for others.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
So no one applies for temp work permit from Pakistan?

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi there,
My friend applied last year. His application took one year to process. U may visit cic web site. It says nine months but it takes more then that.
Have u lmo and what job u r going for?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
qxoil said:
Hi there,
My friend applied last year. His application took one year to process. U may visit cic web site. It says nine months but it takes more then that.
Have u lmo and what job u r going for?
Thank you qxoil,

Did your friend apply alone or with family? Did he include kids? what was the profession?

CIC website says 9 months was the last years average. But that would include every profession and i think it matters what field and job you are working in. I know at least two of my friends (same profession as mine and jobs) who applied in dec 2012 - jan 2013 time frame and got visa in 2 months. The only difference from me is that i have wife and kids included in my application and unfortunately ran into some nasty initial (incorrectly documented) requirements by embassy.

Yes i do have an LMO which actually was issued around end dec 2012. So technically LMO expired in this week. However, my application has been in embassy for a while so that is not a concern.

It's a senior position in software development in a very specific domain.

P.S. I have seen pretty much every thing available on CIC website. I was mainly interested to know if there are other people currently in process, their timelines, professions etc.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hi there,
my friend applied by himself, he is single ,he went for a skilled job in edmonton. he is in canada, he got his visa in febrary 2013 and he applied las year in march. after nine they asked a fresh copy of the contract, new police certificate and ielts result.
i applied mine from london few weeks ago, i wish u get ur visa in two months but i think chances are very slim.
even in london emabssy takes two months to process work permit applications. but now a days embassy is taking more then two months.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thank you very much. That is valuable information for me. Although it is a pretty odd expectation. I didn't require an IELTS so at least won't need to resubmit that in the worst case. Let's see, my employer has got some follow up with CIC through MP office. May be that helps.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Any one in the work permit application stream from Pakistan? Please share experiences if any

BlankCheck

Apr 10, 2013
Dear i apply open work permit on 22 may 2013 my visa still in process !on other hand my cousin's visa refuse only by one reason!
that "u do not satisfy me u will leave Canada after 2 years" ur purpose of visit and limited prospect of employment in ur country.....and at finaly he stated that ur visa application is closed and submit a new application! please any one satisfy me the officer reject visa on what base?Aall the documents are fair.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Well that is the irony of it. There can be all sorts of odd reasons. But the limited prospects thing makes me think that the profession he intends to go for has limited scope in Pakistan. Apparently, although it is perfectly fine and legal (and happens in almost all the cases in practice) that if you go on a temp visa (study, visit or worker), you would ultimately apply for some kind of permanent resident category in a couple of years. However, implying that here doesn't seem right for embassy (hence the argument - you did not satisfy me that you will leave at the end of stated period).

Do you have a file number yet? Or just no news since application submitted in embassy?

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
fkl said:
Any one in the work permit application stream from Pakistan? Please share experiences if any
Hi fkl;

I've applied for TRV based on OWP on July 25 2013... I did it online instead of using Gerry's ... Haven't heated anything yet....

Zizu

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zizu said:
Hi fkl;

I've applied for TRV based on OWP on July 25 2013... I did it online instead of using Gerry's ... Haven't heated anything yet....

Zizu
Hi Zizu,

Thanks for the update. I applied on April 24th for twp for myself, owp for wife and trv / open study permit for kids. I have emailed embassy twice during this period. The latest response i received was a couple days back and it simply stated that it is still in process and under review.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
I applied for temporary work permit on 19th-July-2013. I've got a file number. Actually, I didnt receive any AOR. Just that I submitted my PCCs after initial application and for that I had to contact them. They replied with a file number and told me that my application is under review and that I should go ahead and submit the PCCs via VAC.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Hi all
I applied for temporary work permit on 19th-July-2013. I've got a file number. Actually, I didnt receive any AOR. Just that I submitted my PCCs after initial application and for that I had to contact them. They replied with a file number and told me that my application is under review and that I should go ahead and submit the PCCs via VAC.
Just to add to the above, I've got a job offer from the University of Western Ontario as Postdoctoral Fellow. NOC 4011. My contract start date is 16th of Spectember, so I'm really worried about the timelines :-[ :p