fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Additionally, "ties to Pakistan" is not as such a distinct thing. If you don't have properties in your name but have shown your resume, experience letters, salary slips and bank statements, that should be sufficient for an applicant.

And i say this from experience, i had two other colleagues, one slightly more experienced than me going for the same employer who applied around dec 2012 - plus another one going for another employer but significantly less experienced than us both and applied around jan 2013. Both of these guys got visas in exactly two months. This includes the time from submission, getting through medical to actually receiving the stamped visas. Both of them left around a month after receiving visas respectively.

But again in that time frame, there is significantly low work load at the embassies (no student visas because the bulk of those are for september batches, plus temp work reforms were implemented in april owning to news hype in canada regarding the RBC (royal bank of canada) misuse of twp program which makes canadians think tfw's are stealing their jobs. Hence process has been made tougher with more scrutiny to applicants and hence more time. Last but not the least factor is PAFSO strike which although is not in islamabad but of course affects any centralized processing of applications (say security clearence) specially when it has resulted in huge back log of applications.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Additionally, "ties to Pakistan" is not as such a distinct thing. If you don't have properties in your name but have shown your resume, experience letters, salary slips and bank statements, that should be sufficient for an applicant.

And i say this from experience, i had two other colleagues, one slightly more experienced than me going for the same employer who applied around dec 2012 - plus another one going for another employer but significantly less experienced than us both and applied around jan 2013. Both of these guys got visas in exactly two months. This includes the time from submission, getting through medical to actually receiving the stamped visas. Both of them left around a month after receiving visas respectively.

But again in that time frame, there is significantly low work load at the embassies (no student visas because the bulk of those are for september batches, plus temp work reforms were implemented in april owning to news hype in canada regarding the RBC (royal bank of canada) misuse of twp program which makes canadians think tfw's are stealing their jobs. Hence process has been made tougher with more scrutiny to applicants and hence more time. Last but not the least factor is PAFSO strike which although is not in islamabad but of course affects any centralized processing of applications (say security clearence) specially when it has resulted in huge back log of applications.
Actually, this applies exactly to me :D. I don't have any property in my name. So i just showed my bank statements and salary slips.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Actually, this applies exactly to me :D. I don't have any property in my name. So i just showed my bank statements and salary slips.
Neither do i own any property, so we are in the same boat :). Nor did any of my friends / colleagues who applied and got through.

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
Thanks you soo much for your quick responses......AUNOE and Fkl......it would be much better if talk on phone. kindly contact me at 0333-888-98-66. or give me yours i will contact you...........
BEST REGARDS:

RIZWAN

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
Did you submit your bank statements or some other proof of ur financial situation? Like a letter from your current employer stating your current salary? Plus evidence of ur family ties here in Pakistan? These things are used to judge the probability of an applicant returning back to Pakistan at the end of the stipulated contract period and they are very important.

Plus the police certificates from all countries where you've lived for more than 6 months, since the age of 18.

fkl might elaborate this in greater detail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEAR,

I have applied my case through a consultant. Last week he said to submit him my salary slips and my other bank statements and any other assets documents.

Means that he will submit them NOW...........RIGHT?

So, is it ok in this way also, rather than sending the docs along with the the application?...........

.Please advise....THANKS

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RizwanAB said:
Did you submit your bank statements or some other proof of ur financial situation? Like a letter from your current employer stating your current salary? Plus evidence of ur family ties here in Pakistan? These things are used to judge the probability of an applicant returning back to Pakistan at the end of the stipulated contract period and they are very important.

Plus the police certificates from all countries where you've lived for more than 6 months, since the age of 18.

fkl might elaborate this in greater detail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEAR,

I have applied my case through a consultant. Last week he said to submit him my salary slips and my other bank statements and any other assets documents.

Means that he will submit them NOW...........RIGHT?

So, is it ok in this way also, rather than sending the docs along with the the application?...........

.Please advise....THANKS
Well it is always better to submit these things latter, if you havent submit those already. Following link elaborates that officially

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx

But it depends - it is possible that embassy is not able to relate both things in time i.e. your file is reviewed BEFORE some one from embassy linked your UPDATED info to your profile.

So it is best to include all info i.e. name, dob, passport number, File number if available etc. in sending the docs.

You didn't mention any thing about police certificates. I hope you sent those already? In case not, they MUST be included in the docs you are sending now and do it asap. Else you would risk return of application being incomplete

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
I am glad i am able to find others finally and it is definitely mutually helpful. I originally applied on Feb 24th, my application was returned twice (being incorrect requirements stated by embassy, but nevertheless made me lose two months. Final correct submission was dated April 24th and i received file number in early june. Until last week upon being contacted by myself as well as my employer, the only response we got was, "in process and under review".

As Auone rightly pointed out there should have been several other things including those you have mentioned already (some of these won't apply to you if you applied alone - i applied with wife and kids). Many of these were not specifically written any where, but were indicated by my employer's lawyer from Canada that i must submit.

1. Police certificates from all places we have lived since the age of 18 (for both me and my wife).
2. Forms for wife and kids, birth certificates and family registration certs, Form B, nikkah nama with translation, NICs.
3. Bank statements (having funds is not important, it proves and shows i earn what i claim on paper and salary has been transferred regularly in my accounts). It also shows ties to Pakistan specially when you dont have a property etc. in your name.
4. Salary slips from current employer, for the last couple months.
5. Resume describing my entire experience (along with past experience letters)
6. Notarized (signed, stamped translated copies of all documents in urdu - unless document contains english translation as well. This includes things like nikkah nama, some of original degrees, birth certificates etc.)
7. In case one is destined for Quebec, it requires work and study CAQ's (already obtained via my employer online)
8. Of course you would have already included things like Fee receipt, two passport sized photographs as specified for each applicant and copies of bio data pages of passports along with originals.
9. If any property in your name, evidence of that.

That should be pretty much it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Fkl,

Plz advise..........

I have read it on the website that police certificate is not mandatory when u send your application. IT WILL BE ASKED LATER ON.......
According to the following link, it is clear that MEDICAL, INTERVIEW and POLICE CERTIFICATES, WILL BE ASKED if they think THAT IT IS NECESSARY....:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/work-after_temp_travailler-apres.aspx

IT STATES LIKE THIS:

"How your application is processed

After the visa office receives your application it will be reviewed to make sure it is complete. An incomplete application will be returned to you unprocessed.

If your application is complete, the following may be requested:

Medical examination
A visa officer will determine whether a medical examination is required. If a medical examination is required, you will be sent a personalized form and instructions.
Police certificate
You may be asked to provide a police certificate for yourself and any family member 18 years of age or over who will come to Canada with you. The visa office will let you know if this is required.
Interview
If a visa officer decides that an interview is necessary, you will be informed and given instructions. Most decisions are taken without an interview. All relevant information should therefore be included in writing with your initial application."

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RizwanAB said:
Dear Fkl,

Plz advise..........

I have read it on the website that police certificate is not mandatory when u send your application. IT WILL BE ASKED LATER ON.......
According to the following link, it is clear that MEDICAL, INTERVIEW and POLICE CERTIFICATES, WILL BE ASKED if they think THAT IT IS NECESSARY....:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/work-after_temp_travailler-apres.aspx

IT STATES LIKE THIS:

"How your application is processed

After the visa office receives your application it will be reviewed to make sure it is complete. An incomplete application will be returned to you unprocessed.

If your application is complete, the following may be requested:

Medical examination
A visa officer will determine whether a medical examination is required. If a medical examination is required, you will be sent a personalized form and instructions.
Police certificate
You may be asked to provide a police certificate for yourself and any family member 18 years of age or over who will come to Canada with you. The visa office will let you know if this is required.
Interview
If a visa officer decides that an interview is necessary, you will be informed and given instructions. Most decisions are taken without an interview. All relevant information should therefore be included in writing with your initial application."
I definitely agree that it is written like that. But there are quite a few things which are written but followed otherwise. I say this from concrete experience and i can give you a long list of things which go this way. To cut it short, you need to submit police cert along. period. It is mandatory from Pakistan. If you haven't submitted that already, just get it and email them a scanned copy with all of your details like Name, DOB, passport number etc.

It is also written clearly in instructions that you ONLY need to submit schedule 1 form IF you answered YES to any of the questions regarding political affiliation, govt position etc. But schedule 1 form IS REQUIRED FROM EVERY ONE FROM PAKISTAN. FAILURE TO HAVE INCLUDED THIS WOULD RESULT IN RETURN OF YOUR APPLICATION. Plain and simple and there are many cases which are proof of this.

I had to submit schedule 1 for my 3 kids aged between 1 and 7.

The official checklist states "No separate application required for minor children". But my application was twice returned due to this and i had to determine and include forms for my kids. I lost 2 months of processing time, money, energy and a lot more to finally get to a valid application despite having followed their every instructions precisely according to what was written. So please take the advice and follow accordingly.

I am sending you my num via PM. But i usually have a pretty occupied work day and with 3 kids at home, i often might not be able to respond. Best is to reach either via this forum, PM or fayyazkl at gmail dot com

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update at my end:

Received Medical request today, although I have had an upfront medical exam already. So I contacted IOM explaining my situation (That I have already had an upfront medical examination). They've asked me to email them the form sent by CHC together with scanned copy of my passport. They said since they do e-medicals, so they don't need any proof of examination because they can trace it. They will now inform me whether I need another exam. Will update you guys with further developments.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Glad to hear that - Congrats Auone.

I received mine last Friday. But have been busy with things plus one form was missing from my family which was received today. So it looks CIC is moving ahead with work permits. :)

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Glad to hear that - Congrats Auone.

I received mine last Friday. But have been busy with things plus one form was missing from my family which was received today. So it looks CIC is moving ahead with work permits. :)
Thnx fkl! Hope we all get our visas soon! :) ;)

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
Auone said:
Thnx fkl! Hope we all get our visas soon! :) ;)
FYI - I also had my medicals request last week and went for medicals on 5th. they said they'll update the results in 48 hrs. - let's hope visa comes in soon now...

zizu

BlankCheck

Apr 10, 2013
is Medical is mandatory for temporary open work permit(Accountant)i applied 22 may 2013 today is 14th September still no response from embassy.my passport status is currently in process through visa drop box(Gerry's) !please suggest me with your experience........

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thanks and all the best to you guys, Auone and zizu.

@BlankCheck, medical is mandatory for work, study or any kind of permanent immigration application. Apparently we all applied well before you i.e. May, and visa processing has been slow currently owning to a lot of reasons already described earlier. Hopefully you should be hearing from the embassy with in a month.

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
fkl said:
Thanks and all the best to you guys, Auone and zizu.

@ BlankCheck, medical is mandatory for work, study or any kind of permanent immigration application. Apparently we all applied well before you i.e. May, and visa processing has been slow currently owning to a lot of reasons already described earlier. Hopefully you should be hearing from the embassy with in a month.
@fkl - I had applied in last week of July and got medical request in first week of sep. however I applied online and not thru Gerry's...

zizu