VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anasalee said:
ok But I have done MBA recently and have been doing job since 5 years, first 3 years I was working as a web content writer and recently I am working as a marketing and sales manager in some small private factory or you may say company. I am earning 20 to 25000 per month. My parents live in OMAN and my mother( shes my second mother and legal guardian as I have been living with my father and mother since the beginning). Shes surgeon and has a brilliant job there. Here in Pakistan, we have 2 apartments which is on the name of my mother. I live with my grandmother here in one appt and rented out the second one.
thats all the case of my profile.
any suggestions?
The first and most important thing would be the work permit and job type you have applied for. If it is the same as your major experience, it should be easy to get through. But switch between web content writer and marketing / sales manager is not really positive for you. CIC would evaluate your prospective job in Canada vs what you have been doing in Pakistan. These factors take precedence above any thing else. I must also say they even look at compensation in Pakistan to evaluate how good it is (it would be a strong tie if you are making good money in home country). 20-25K PKR would probably be an entry level MBA salary until my last knowledge. But showing assets of parents might help in this regard. Though you should know that good job and salary in the same profession is the strongest factor.

When I applied several years ago from Pakistan, I had 0 funds in bank, but I had a specialized job in IT offered from a Canadian employer, and I had been working precisely in the same domain for years (7+ at that time at MNCs in Pakistan) and my salary was way higher - corresponding to profile. So these things play more important role than family funds, although they might still be a useful substitute.

Hope that understanding helps. Good luck,

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
fkl said:
The first and most important thing would be the work permit and job type you have applied for. If it is the same as your major experience, it should be easy to get through. But switch between web content writer and marketing / sales manager is not really positive for you. CIC would evaluate your prospective job in Canada vs what you have been doing in Pakistan. These factors take precedence above any thing else. I must also say they even look at compensation in Pakistan to evaluate how good it is (it would be a strong tie if you are making good money in home country). 20-25K PKR would probably be an entry level MBA salary until my last knowledge. But showing assets of parents might help in this regard. Though you should know that good is the strongest factor.

When I applied several years ago from Pakistan, I had 0 funds in bank, but I had a specialized job in IT offered from a Canadian employer, and I had been working precisely in the same domain for years (7+ at that time at MNCs in Pakistan) and my salary was way higher - corresponding to profile. So they things play more important role than family funds, although they might play a role.

Hope that understanding helps. Good luck,
I got your point.
I was doing the web content job which was basically to write advertisement content for various products so somehow its related to marketing and it was relatively par time job ( not like few hours, although it was full time job) but I was in BCOM at that time. Now I am doing the marketing n sales job along with my MBA. I know it doesnt pay handsome salary but I had to do to gain experience for my field ( you know Pakistan very well).
so rest is the case which I mentioned earlier.
so should I go for it or not?
I considered express entrY too. but few renown consultants told me that my experience wont count untill my education is not completed. After that, you ave to count work experience of atleast one year to be eligible for EE.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anasalee said:
I got your point.
I was doing the web content job which was basically to write advertisement content for various products so somehow its related to marketing and it was relatively par time job ( not like few hours, although it was full time job) but I was in BCOM at that time. Now I am doing the marketing n sales job along with my MBA. I know it doesnt pay handsome salary but I had to do to gain experience for my field ( you know Pakistan very well).
so rest is the case which I mentioned earlier.
so should I go for it or not?
I considered express entrY too. but few renown consultants told me that my experience wont count untill my education is not completed. After that, you ave to count work experience of atleast one year to be eligible for EE.
Should I got for it or not?? Do you have a job offer from some genuine employer in Canada? If it is in marketing and sales, you should try.

Else it is true that you need to have at least a year's experience after graduation to apply for express entry in FSW stream.

You could also keep funds in your account ready and look for some of the provincial nominee programs that have opened up several times in the last year or so Novia scotia, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan have done this that I know of. But again when they open up PNP, its like 500 applications only and they would at least require a year of experience in the same field assuming the field is on their list of professions the province thinks they need.

So get all of this ready and meanwhile complete your one year experience. Better a bit more.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
fkl said:
Should I got for it or not?? Do you have a job offer from some genuine employer in Canada? If it is in marketing and sales, you should try.

Else it is true that you need to have at least a year's experience after graduation to apply for express entry in FSW stream.

You could also keep funds in your account ready and look for some of the provincial nominee programs that have opened up several times in the last year or so Novia scotia, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan have done this that I know of. But again when they open up PNP, its like 500 applications only and they would at least require a year of experience in the same field assuming the field is on their list of professions the province thinks they need.

So get all of this ready and meanwhile complete your one year experience. Better a bit more.
Thank you for your time
I am working over to get relevant job offer.
For TWP its not mandatory to have an experience of atleast one year after completion of education. Right? Like in EE.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anasalee said:
Thank you for your time
I am working over to get relevant job offer.
For TWP its not mandatory to have an experience of atleast one year after completion of education. Right? Like in EE.
You are welcome. Well by book, I think there isn't any such thing. But surely it can create issues when you actually apply for work permit with CIC Islamabad.

Work permit actually has more scrutiny than PR. They want to ensure it is being used as a last resort when an employer couldn't find a Canadian for that particular role. Otherwise HRSDC won't even approve an LMIA for that. So technically getting a work permit is harder than PR. But there is no harm in trying. It would be quite unusual to get an LMIA for a job you do not possess past experience in.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
fkl said:
You are welcome. Well by book, I think there isn't any such thing. But surely it can create issues when you actually apply for work permit with CIC Islamabad.

Work permit actually has more scrutiny than PR. They want to ensure it is being used as a last resort when an employer couldn't find a Canadian for that particular role. Otherwise HRSDC won't even approve an LMIA for that. So technically getting a work permit is harder than PR. But there is no harm in trying. It would be quite unusual to get an LMIA for a job you do not possess past experience in.
yup That's why I am working and spending more time to get relevant job offer.
I'll keep updated.
thank you.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Dear Fkl
one more thing to ask
My maternal uncle(citizen) resides in Ontario with his family of 3 children and wife.
Could he be helpful through any available process to bring me there?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
anasalee said:
Dear Fkl
one more thing to ask
My maternal uncle(citizen) resides in Ontario with his family of 3 children and wife.
Could he be helpful through any available process to bring me there?
Sure, I think you get some points in adoptability when you apply via EE for having blood relatives in Canada. But I am not sure of the details. Other than that I don't think it is of any further help.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
fkl said:
Sure, I think you get some points in adoptability when you apply via EE for having blood relatives in Canada. But I am not sure of the details. Other than that I don't think it is of any further help.
oh ok I meant its better not to mention them when applying for TWP.
I am in a dilemma whether to go wait for a year and go for EE or get up and apply for TWP now.