+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
fkl said:
Hi sttk and AB_xyz,

Did you guys receive file numbers? If that's the case you should be okay and yes it happens although is not very common.

Though if you are principal applicant or application includes principal applicant and are applying for a highly skilled job, it is less likely that you face this long a delay.

But if it is semi or low skilled position and principal applicant is already in Canada, then i am not surprised, this much delay is likely.

Just keep sending an email once a month asking for status - no more - no less.
Salam FKL Brother,

I am working in Canada as an Electrical Engineer and my spouse in Pakistan is house wife, I already applied for GCMS notes, processing time for GCMS notes is 30 days. 9 more days left Inshallah outcome will be positive.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how to contact CIC Islamabad?

I am waiting for my spouse open work permit outside Canada application for almost 5 months. I am in Canada now for pgwp.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ali45 said:
Does anyone know how to contact CIC Islamabad?

I am waiting for my spouse open work permit outside Canada application for almost 5 months. I am in Canada now for pgwp.
You can send email or use the case specific inquiry form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AB_xyz said:
Salam FKl brother,

What is biographic check? It is verification of documents?
WS,

I believe you mean background check. It is basically a much thorough investigation of your profile - name and other details are matched against a global data base of criminals and stuff. Usually governments and intelligence agencies share information.

Following is for US, but the process and coordination between countries is pretty much the same.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartB-Chapter2.html
http://www.legallanguage.com/legal-articles/immigration-background-checks/

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
fkl said:
WS,

I believe you mean background check. It is basically a much thorough investigation of your profile - name and other details are matched against a global data base of criminals and stuff. Usually governments and intelligence agencies share information.

Following is for US, but the process and coordination between countries is pretty much the same.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartB-Chapter2.html
http://www.legallanguage.com/legal-articles/immigration-background-checks/
I got GCMS notes my file is in criminality & biographic check

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear AB_xyz i di,t get any news till now what we have to do only wait but we do,t know how long we have to wait more.plz if any news let us know THANKS.

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi guys

my employer got an appointment confirmation date on 10/7 with CIC (Dundas street west, Toronto)

I applied LMIA on Sept/2014. I'm waiting for LMIA update from there...

Weather my employer will be informed regarding my LMIA status (positive or negative) on this confirmation date?

Please express your views I'm tired of waiting for this long period...

Thank you

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AB_xyz said:
Hello Ali & STTK

Is there any update on your side??
No still waiting. Don't know how long we have to wait. The official timeframe for 6 months waiting period will be complete in few days.

tardtard

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and AoA everyone

Im new to this forum and would welcome any input. I'll try to be as clear as possible about my case.

1.I returned from Canada to Pakistan last year during which time my passport and hence my PGWP expired. It was to be issued till 2017 originally . The bottom of the permit says something to the effect of "To be extended/renewed".

2. I applied ONLINE for an extension of my PGWP/OWP on 3 March 2015 and since I am in Pakistan my file is in CIC Islamabad. I have submitted the necessary medical and biometric information. I did my medicals upfront in Feb 2015 and, based on my online application, CIC has received my medical exams (as early as that week i.e 8 March 2015). At the time of my online application I was not charged an Open Work Permits Holder Fee.

3. I have a CSQ.

4. I have a permanent resident application in process.

5. My online application did not ask me for my CSQ, police certificates or for an offer of employment (the latter is probably because its an Open Work Permit)

6. Since submitting an application for my OWP I received an offer ,to do research, for which the grant starts late August making my departure to Canada urgent.

7. I have e-mailed CIC Islamabad informing them of my offer. I asked if they would like a letter attesting to that fact.

My questions

Q1. Does the processing of my PR application have an effect on the processing of my work permit application? Will it hinder it and vice versa?

Q2. Should I send my CSQ, police certificates (from last years PR application) and the offer of employment in an attempt to facilitate / "expedite" my work permit application?

Fkl I'd be grateful for your input too. You seem quite knowledgeable about all this stuff.

Thank you and God bless

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear AB_xyz, NOTHING from my side. Dear plz find out max limit of this process. 10 months finished now how long it will take more (max) one year 2 year or more plz reply THANKS

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
WS,

I am not as regular as i used to be - so it takes longer to respond.

Answers:

1) PR application already in process generally does not have much of an impact on a work permit application except a few points
a) They should be less concerned about your "strong ties to home country" since you will hopefully and eventually become a PR.
b) Assuming you applied for PR INLAND (and not from Pakistan) - and have a CSQ automatically makes you eligible for an open work permit. This could be vital if they miss the part about eligibility of work permit without CSQ and job offer - because of prior work permit shortened.
The reason i say this is that PGWP is usually issued only once. I understand your situation but it is not impossible for the CIC officer to over look this thing.

2) If you applied for PR outland, then you are not eligible for OWP ON THE BASIS of CSQ. Police certificates from last year probably won't be valid so they are of little use now.

Generally speaking it is considered very much negative for a PR application if you applied in land and then went out of country. Normally people who applied in land are expected to get BOWP and stay in side Canada. So i don't think bringing that up now would help in any way.

However, once you receive OWP and move to Canada, it would be positive on your PR application to update your current address and status.

You have been in process for around 5 months. So you should hear from CIC soon hopefully. May be sending an email to CIC islamabad with your file number and job offer would help. But generally they do not expedite work permits for any of these grounds.

I had an LMO based work permit for a highly skilled position where my employer even reached out to MPs and what not for getting it done faster when things went wrong and it got delayed. But that didn't help much and it took me around 10 months. However, my case was special because of several issues - problems with kids forms (twice), CIC on strike, then an extended medical etc. At least 3 other colleagues with similar background and circumstances for the same employer got work permits within 3 months.

So hopefully you shouldn't have much issues. Just ping CIC isb again with your job offer and joining dates only, while clearly explaining why you were already eligible for wp renewal. I would recommend mentioning PR unless they bring it up themselves.

I assume your current wp extension eligibility is at least for 6 months or more.

Good luck
tardtard said:
Hello and AoA everyone

Im new to this forum and would welcome any input. I'll try to be as clear as possible about my case.

1.I returned from Canada to Pakistan last year during which time my passport and hence my PGWP expired. It was to be issued till 2017 originally . The bottom of the permit says something to the effect of "To be extended/renewed".

2. I applied ONLINE for an extension of my PGWP/OWP on 3 March 2015 and since I am in Pakistan my file is in CIC Islamabad. I have submitted the necessary medical and biometric information. I did my medicals upfront in Feb 2015 and, based on my online application, CIC has received my medical exams (as early as that week i.e 8 March 2015). At the time of my online application I was not charged an Open Work Permits Holder Fee.

3. I have a CSQ.

4. I have a permanent resident application in process.

5. My online application did not ask me for my CSQ, police certificates or for an offer of employment (the latter is probably because its an Open Work Permit)

6. Since submitting an application for my OWP I received an offer ,to do research, for which the grant starts late August making my departure to Canada urgent.

7. I have e-mailed CIC Islamabad informing them of my offer. I asked if they would like a letter attesting to that fact.

My questions

Q1. Does the processing of my PR application have an effect on the processing of my work permit application? Will it hinder it and vice versa?

Q2. Should I send my CSQ, police certificates (from last years PR application) and the offer of employment in an attempt to facilitate / "expedite" my work permit application?

Fkl I'd be grateful for your input too. You seem quite knowledgeable about all this stuff.

Thank you and God bless