+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Generally speaking these kind of consultants are fake.

It is a really long shot that the consultant has a fake setup in Canada and can satisfy all requirements of being an employer here who can apply and get an LMIA.

There is no way to validate these things from Govt of Canada since they only give this kind of information to employers.

Lastly 7 months is a bit too long a duration to not expect any response.

Obviously the employer is fake because there was no interview / assessment to hire some one, though having an assessment does not prove employer is genuine.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
saracunity said:
Hi Guys,

I need an immediate help. I paid some money to a consultant for job in canada.

He said the process was started in sep.2014 like advertisement, LMO application etc...

Waiting since sep.2014 and still no LMO results like positive or negative.

I have not signed any contract or employment offer letter with my employer. I haven't spoken or had any interview with my employer.

This consultancy also not given any proof of LMO application or any other proof showing the process is on track.

Whenever I call or meet the consultancy guy he says " everything on track and you will get LMO within a week" but nothing happened still now.

Almost waiting for 7 months and now i got a doubt wheaher he really started the process or simply lying to me.

How to identify LMO process is started and my application, employer are really genuine?

Please help me on this issue?

Thank you whoever post a reply
Hello saracunity,

Sorry to hear that but we can still think positive like processing time for work permit from Pakistan to Canada is 7 to 9 Months so if you are thinking your consultant fake only based on delay in processing that you might be wrong but yes you should ask him your tracking / file number and you can simply email to Islamabad embassy regarding your application status and they will tell you about your application status if you got reply from embassy like "Your application is under process / review" then its mean your consultant is not fake and your application is on track. But if your consultant don't want to give you your file/tracking number then you should ask him about your job and employer in Canada and then you can contact directly to your employer and ask where they are with your work permit process. There are lots of more ways to know if your consultant is fake or not.

Best of luck.
Remember in prayer,

Regards,
Sonu Ahmad

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
.Dear AB_xyz, We are in same boat i am also waiting for next step.i mailed them twice both time they said Your application is currently in process and under review.i do,t know how long they will take more time.i hope INSHALLAH soon we will hear good news. plz reply thanks.

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Still waiting my friend. If you have any update please share us.

sttk said:
.Dear AB_xyz, We are in same boat i am also waiting for next step.i mailed them twice both time they said Your application is currently in process and under review.i do,t know how long they will take more time.i hope INSHALLAH soon we will hear good news. plz reply thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ButterflyChemist said:
This is not allowed. You may only submit additional documents if asked.
What do you mean not allowed? CIC specifically instructs of informing them for any change in conditions.

And i have seen a lot of people submit additional docs that way, including myself - via email. The only concerns are

a) You submit and those get looked in time
b) You provided detailed info (name, dob, passport #, file number if available and other details that make it easy to link the two).

Here is the contact info page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hi fkl,
My wife has US visa and we are planning a trip next month.. do you know if we can apply for her Canadian visit visa or work permit from USA? our CEC PR and SOWP (from Islamabad) are already in process? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fkl said:
What do you mean not allowed? CIC specifically instructs of informing them for any change in conditions.

And i have seen a lot of people submit additional docs that way, including myself - via email. The only concerns are

a) You submit and those get looked in time
b) You provided detailed info (name, dob, passport #, file number if available and other details that make it easy to link the two).

Here is the contact info page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

What proof do you have that they get looked at? CIC is clear about this. You submit additional documents only if asked to do so and when you are asked you are given instructions on how to submit. Submitting a query is not the same as sending a document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=326&t=23

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ButterflyChemist said:
What proof do you have that they get looked at? CIC is clear about this. You submit additional documents only if asked to do so and when you are asked you are given instructions on how to submit. Submitting a query is not the same as sending a document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=326&t=23
Oh, there is none. But you are always better off trying to send them rather than holding them back.

The inquiry form is the same for all scenarios whether you have a query, want to submit additional docs etc.

However, yes - as is the case with other stuff with CIC - there is no guarantee that they looked at docs as i mentioned earlier. Guarantee doesn't even exists when you sent those together. I have seen cases where CIC lost originals of people important docs (degrees, passport, identity cards). They already make it clear in terms and conditions that it can happen and they are not responsible.

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

How long it takes to get LMIA??? Almost I started this process in Sep.2014 and still waiting for LMIA?

My agent not shown me offer letter or any other believable LMIA application proof! But he seems okay not a lier. What to ask to him regarding LMIA applied proof?

Now it feels why I started this process!!! Really Frustrated!

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Does anyone get any update from CIC Islamabad. I applied spouse open work permit outside Canada for my wife. Bio matrix has been done and now I am waiting to get her medical request. its almost 4 months waiting done.

Relpy if any one in the same boat.

Thanks

liaquat

Sep 20, 2014
Hi everyone
I submitted an email of enquiry couple of days ago to cic islamabad. same day I got answer with file no that your case in under review.