+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Salaam everyone.. i am CEC candidate along with my wife since July 2014.. we hope to hear about medicals in couple of months.. I am presently in Canada working on BOWP and wife is in Pakistan..We applied for my wifes visit visa but unfortunately it was refused... My BOWP has expiry till end of Oct-15 so i am planning to apply for my wife's SOWP and needed your help in this matter.
1) Can i apply for SOWP online and application will be routed to Islamabad CHC? or does it have to be a paper application?
2) I have prepared a bunch of documents as suggested to me by alijumani.. but for application forms do i need to submit any forms other than IMM1295E (Application For Work Permit made Outside of Canada) and IMM5475E (Authority to Release Personal Info to Designated Individual)? Do we need any forms additionally or these two are the only required forms?
3) What is the normal processing time currently if i applied online instead of paper based for Islamabad CHC?

I am sending my wife's and mine educational docs, work experience, proof of relationship (nikkkahnama, chatlogs, wedding pics etc), police certificates. Should i be adding any further documents?

Hope to hear your feedback soon.
Regards,
Mesum.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Salaam everyone.. i am CEC candidate along with my wife since July 2014.. we hope to hear about medicals in couple of months.. I am presently in Canada working on BOWP and wife is in Pakistan..We applied for my wifes visit visa but unfortunately it was refused... My BOWP has expiry till end of Oct-15 so i am planning to apply for my wife's SOWP and needed your help in this matter.
1) Can i apply for SOWP online and application will be routed to Islamabad CHC? or does it have to be a paper application?
2) I have prepared a bunch of documents as suggested to me by alijumani.. but for application forms do i need to submit any forms other than IMM1295E (Application For Work Permit made Outside of Canada) and IMM5475E (Authority to Release Personal Info to Designated Individual)? Do we need any forms additionally or these two are the only required forms?
3) What is the normal processing time currently if i applied online instead of paper based for Islamabad CHC?

I am sending my wife's and mine educational docs, work experience, proof of relationship (nikkkahnama, chatlogs, wedding pics etc), police certificates. Should i be adding any further documents?

Hope to hear your feedback soon.
Regards,
Mesum.
Walaikum as Salam Mesum I am extremely sorry I totally overlooked your message. I will reply your msg tomm In Sha Allah in detail with all the documents you asked. In order to apply for SOwP the PA must have at least 6 or more months of validity on their permit. At the time of file review by VO. I would suggest you to first extend your work permit via BOWP then apply for your wife work permit. Also please ask to seniors member regarding the 6 months requirements. It take 6 to 7 months from Isbad office to get reply for SOWP application

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Friends/Seniors,

Its been 3 almost weeks passed from the date of submitted required documents to CIC but still waiting to hear from them.

Remember in prayers.

Sonu

Azal

Jan 7, 2015
Visa applied on 28 Jan 2015 under LCP catagory via online. Now what's next? What should I wait for and how long? Expected time for a visa decision? Plz help.

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hello All,

Can you please elaborate me about batch of application.I applied my spouse work permit in Spet 2014 under which batch our application lies. Any idea or wild guess on which batch embassy is working on.

Thanks

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Hi There,

I am looking to apply for my brother. I am in Canada and may arrange a LMO for him. If I get a LMO than how many chances are there for getting him a visa? and does IELTS is a requirement when LMO is present and employer is ready to hire? What other obstacles may come in this way?

You guys are really experienced therefore your suggestions will be really helpful for me.
Dear flk, thank you very much for starting this thread, please have some light on my issue.

Thanks,

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hello friends,I submit work visa online application with lmo 5 month before.I mailed chc they replied
( Your application is currently in process and under review.) i checked in chc website they said within 16 weeks we made the decision.i am worried why they are taking so long.dear fkl and all respected members
plz reply me.THANKS.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
sttk said:
Hello friends,I submit work visa online application with lmo 5 month before.I mailed chc they replied
( Your application is currently in process and under review.) i checked in chc website they said within 16 weeks we made the decision.i am worried why they are taking so long.dear fkl and all respected members
plz reply me.THANKS.
Helllo sttk,

Sorry to hear that but can you tell me which visa you applied for and which category and from where ? Have you applied under IEC ? Because if you are from Pakistan and you applied for work permit that will take 7 to 9 months based on your complete application for work permit.

Regards,
Sonu

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
sttk said:
plz reply me.THANKS.
I also applied online for my spouse work permit 5 months and 3 weeks already passed, but no reply yet....

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AB_xyz said:
I also applied online for my spouse work permit 5 months and 3 weeks already passed, but no reply yet....
That happens. For one reason or the other. As long as you got the response that it is in process, you cannot do any thing but wait. It at least confirms that your file is active and in the system. Just ping them once a month since it is okay to do so once average processing time has passed for a particular file.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Desi PK said:
Hi There,

I am looking to apply for my brother. I am in Canada and may arrange a LMO for him. If I get a LMO than how many chances are there for getting him a visa? and does IELTS is a requirement when LMO is present and employer is ready to hire? What other obstacles may come in this way?

You guys are really experienced therefore your suggestions will be really helpful for me.
Dear flk, thank you very much for starting this thread, please have some light on my issue.

Thanks,
Hi Desipk,

While i understand your interest in getting your brother here. Unfortunately, this is precisely the practice that CIC wants to get rid of. So first of all you might have a hard time getting LMIA which puts a lot more scrutiny now compared to LMO including offered wage.

Assuming you get through that, CIC in home country is going to evaluate very thoroughly if the job he is being offered is what he has been working previously and has a good standing of. You would need to prove that he has been earning well in the same role in home country. If he is currently unemployed or doing something else or even if you show experience letters that are not genuine, i would at least say that CIC runs into this every day. So they are pretty good at differentiating. So that would be a tough one. Showing strong ties to home country would be harder because his brother is already in Canada and he is likely to stay illegally in Canada as per CIC's perspective.

Until at least a couple years ago, IELTs wasn't a requirement by book. I don't know if that has changed recently. But even when i applied, i had seen many people being asked to take IELTs by CIC, or even refused because of low IELTS score. However, i or any of my close friends with similar circumstances as mine, never took it, nor were asked to do so.

But the point is - each of us was highly qualified working for MNC's for at least 5 years or more. So it might be a subjective thing, i can't say with certainty.

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
THANKS sonu and fkl bhai,I applied under NOC 9463 i applied from Pakistan and my employer is from the province of New Brunswick. I did,t applied under IEC.please reply me THANKS.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for my spouse WP online for islamabad CHC on 27 jan 2015.. we completed upfront medicals for her as well.. does anyone know the address if we are to send some more supporting documents for the application (property ownership docs, my permanent job offer, etc).. additionally, what are the approximate processing times for such SOWP?
Thanks,
Mesum.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sttk said:
THANKS sonu and fkl bhai,I applied under NOC 9463 i applied from Pakistan and my employer is from the province of New Brunswick. I did,t applied under IEC.please reply me THANKS.
You are most welcome. If 16 weeks have passed since you applied, please send an inquiry email to CIC once a month stating all your details i.e. name DOB passport #, date applied, file number if you have that, contact information etc.

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear fkl thanks for nice advise.
Dear bro ab_xyz, did you hear anything? when you hear something plz let us know.thanks