Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
You have done your part pretty well. Inshallah, soon you will get your visa.
Thank you so much brother. I will keep posting here when I will hear from the CIC soon. Always remember me in prayers. I hope I will hear great news from CIC inshallah very soon. Do you have any idea how long they will take it now ? They should not take it more late now what do you think ?

Sonu

Aar3

Jan 12, 2015
Assalwalekum fki
Please give me some information about temporary
Work visa
My husband would like to apply for work visa
If he applied temporary work visa
Can me and my baby go along with him
Or I should apply for open work permit
If yes when should I apply
Please kindly reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
WS Aar3,

Your husband needs to have a job offer from Canada with LMIA in order to apply for a temp work permit.

If he has and it is a skilled job (NOC 0, A or B), then you can apply for a SOWP and a resident trv for your child along based upon his skilled job work permit status. All of you could submit application together (AFTER receiving job offer and then LMIA for him). There are few situations which might be LMIA exempt (Post doc job offer, having a Canadian education) but i am assuming you have none of those.

If approved all of you would receive work permits and trvs together and can come to Canada together.

Hope that helps.

Aar3

Jan 12, 2015
Thank u so much for ur reply
May Allah bless you
He is a restaurant manager Noc 0
Can we renew our work permit within Canada
Maximum how many years can we renew

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Aar3 said:
Thank u so much for ur reply
May Allah bless you
He is a restaurant manager Noc 0
Can we renew our work permit within Canada
Maximum how many years can we renew
You are most welcome.

Yes you can renew work permit from Inside Canada - depending upon his permit being renewed. He would need LMIA again assuming he is working on LMIA based permit.

Number of years actually is dependent upon several factors.

If his pay is above provincial average for the same position (NOC) then NOC 0 or A employees are basically exempted from any limits on number of years.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Thank you so much brother. I will keep posting here when I will hear from the CIC soon. Always remember me in prayers. I hope I will hear great news from CIC inshallah very soon. Do you have any idea how long they will take it now ? They should not take it more late now what do you think ?

Sonu
It is really hard to tell but if everything will be in order then you should hear from them within a month hopefully or maybe less.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Aslam o alaikam everybody
I have applied for PR and work permit under provincial nominee program from UAE. I got my temporary work visa. But I am wondering that if there should be a separate work permit with it or they will issue one at the port of entry?
Can anyone answer please?
Thank you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
maba said:
Aslam o alaikam everybody
I have applied for PR and work permit under provincial nominee program from UAE. I got my temporary work visa. But I am wondering that if there should be a separate work permit with it or they will issue one at the port of entry?
Can anyone answer please?
Thank you.
WS - there is no such thing as work visa. We confuse two things as one.

a) Temporary resident visa. This is issued to all work permit holders who require visa to enter Canada. It would say the type of permit it is based upon worker, student or visitor. Still it is stamped on passport and is only allowing you to enter and renter Canada (if multiple entry). Probably this is what you got already.

b) Embassy would issue a plain letter upon approval saying your application has been approved. It is called "Letter of introduction". You would show this to CBSA officer at airport and he would issue you a work permit. It is a colored paper stating terms of your work permit. When it expires, who you can work, which domain and where. It is NOT stamped on passport and is the actual work permit.

Hope that helps

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Just received a message on mycic account "the application of work permit to Canada has been approved". I would like to extand my thanks to all my friends who helped me specially fkl who helped me alot and guided me on every step. Thanks once again guys.

Sonu, I pray to God may Allah SWT help you and get you a work permit In Sha Allah.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
It is really hard to tell but if everything will be in order then you should hear from them within a month hopefully or maybe less.
Its one week passed already but do not hear anything back from the CIC I am expecting to hear from them with in 1-2 weeks.

Sonu

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
congratulation alijumani INSHALLAH you will get visa soon what is your,s timeline i submitted my online application 4 months before i di,t hear anything only fingerprints at the early stage of application submitted dear fkl,sonuahmad and all Senior members put your,s valuable comments THANKS.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Just received a message on mycic account "the application of work permit to Canada has been approved". I would like to extand my thanks to all my friends who helped me specially fkl who helped me alot and guided me on every step. Thanks once again guys.

Sonu, I pray to God may Allah SWT help you and get you a work permit In Sha Allah.
Much appreciated my dear brother. Inshallah I will get my work permit very soon.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
sttk said:
congratulation alijumani INSHALLAH you will get visa soon what is your,s timeline i submitted my online application 4 months before i di,t hear anything only fingerprints at the early stage of application submitted dear fkl,sonuahmad and all Senior members put your,s valuable comments THANKS.
Hello sttk,

Its depend on your application and documents how strong and clear they are to satisfy the ambassador otherwise normally they respond after 6 months from the date you submitted your biometric. So you can expect to hear from them after 2 more months. Hope they will ask you for the medical and then for passport. Keep posting here and update us with your status.

Best of luck,
Sonu Ahmad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:

Really happy to hear that. Congrats - persistence paid off. All the very best ali