+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after further medical request

Krisha8182

May 20, 2018
Unfortunately like others have said on your other posts on other threads, why the visa office has requested this is only known to them...

You should also note that visa offices can request any documents they believe are necessary to process an application.....

My mum was asked to produce a Police Clearance Certificate... and we just provided it and she got her visa valid till the expiry of her passport...

So in a nutshell... juss comply with any request that comes from the visa office...it is for your benefit after all...
Got passport request May 22 any idea how long they will take for visa stamp?

Krisha8182

May 20, 2018
Not sure why you're asking the same questions on multiple threads, multiple times.

It's easy to simply send the color scan of her passport and then take things as they come
Got passports stamp for super visa how long she can stay her country whenshe has to come Canada ? After visa stamp?

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks for your help and guidance.
Both submitted paper application but I linked my mother application online after getting file number from them . I checked status today and it’s approved but m worried about my father application. What is counterfoil meaning ?, It shows on my mother’s document status .
Hello @Bryanna got supervisa last month. Is it must to enter Canada after getting supervisa? Actually my parents change their plan to come Canada to next year . Plz suggest your experience. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna got supervisa last month. Is it must to enter Canada after getting supervisa? Actually my parents change their plan to come Canada to next year . Plz suggest your experience. Thanks
There's no restriction on when they can visit. That said, they must request the officer at the POE to stamp/put a handwritten date that would allow them to stay for up to two years on their initial entry

Reactions: sngr09
Jun 7, 2018
Hi bryanna,

My parents applied for supervisa from Nigeria April 13, medical issued May 7, medical done may 14- but they are yet to receive visa. Advise on what next please

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryanna,

My parents applied for supervisa from Nigeria April 13, medical issued May 7, medical done may 14- but they are yet to receive visa. Advise on what next please
Did they apply by paper or online?
If they applied online, what does the Background check status say?

Jun 7, 2018
Did they apply by paper or online?
If they applied online, what does the Background check status say?
Thanks you response Bryanna,

They applied on paper at a visa application centre (VFS Global) in Nigeria. I checked the status on the VAC website and it says application is being processed in canada visa office.

Not sure what to do next. As I really want them to visit in July when the weather is really nice

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks you response Bryanna,

They applied on paper at a visa application centre (VFS Global) in Nigeria. I checked the status on the VAC website and it says application is being processed in canada visa office.

Not sure what to do next. As I really want them to visit in July when the weather is really nice
Hi Bryanna,

I was just able to check on phone now, and here are the messages I got
1) you do not need an interview
2) you passed the medical
3) we do not need any further document
4) we do not need a finger print
5) we are processing your background check and eligibility requirements.

Processing time is approximately 106 days.

What is the interpretation of No 5?

Thank you so much!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was just able to check on phone now, and here are the messages I got
1) you do not need an interview
2) you passed the medical
3) we do not need any further document
4) we do not need a finger print
5) we are processing your background check and eligibility requirements.

Processing time is approximately 106 days.

What is the interpretation of No 5?
You can also try linking their paper applications to the online accounts so that you don't miss out on any update and/or if IRCC requests for any additional documents.

Background checks: IRCC is doing background checks (security/criminal/fingerprinting, etc.... maybe some of these or maybe all of these and some more) on your parents' applications. There's no time frame within which these checks will be completed. And, in fact, there's nothing you can do to expedite a decision until the reports are received by IRCC from external agencies.

In short:
You'll need to wait patiently because sometimes background checks can be completed in a few weeks and in other cases, it could take several months. Until then hope for the best and don't lose heart because of the delay :)

Jun 7, 2018
You can also try linking their paper applications to the online accounts so that you don't miss out on any update and/or if IRCC requests for any additional documents.

Background checks: IRCC is doing background checks (security/criminal/fingerprinting, etc.... maybe some of these or maybe all of these and some more) on your parents' applications. There's no time frame within which these checks will be completed. And, in fact, there's nothing you can do to expedite a decision until the reports are received by IRCC from external agencies.

In short:
You'll need to wait patiently because sometimes background checks can be completed in a few weeks and in other cases, it could take several months. Until then hope for the best and don't lose heart because of the delay :)
Thank you.

Moha22

Jul 21, 2018

In short:
My study permit was turned down on the ground 4times, in 2016 October and December in 2017 aprril and may, so I stopped reapplying on that day, I requested caips notes, and addressed issues of the previous rejection, after one year I applied 2018, July 10 for September intake, the embassy requested me medicals to do, on 25july, I did my medicals and submitted, my profile: passed medical exam 30july , reviewing of the eligibility,...... Up to now no update in my status. Is my visa is approved?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My study permit was turned down on the ground 4times, in 2016 October and December in 2017 aprril and may, so I stopped reapplying on that day, I requested caips notes, and addressed issues of the previous rejection, after one year I applied 2018, July 10 for September intake, the embassy requested me medicals to do, on 25july, I did my medicals and submitted, my profile: passed medical exam 30july , reviewing of the eligibility,...... Up to now no update in my status. Is my visa is approved?
Not yet. Hopefully, you will get a decision in a couple of weeks

Hope your study permit is approved this time :)

sasghar1992

Aug 7, 2018
Hello Bryanna et al.

I applied for my parents' super visa a month and a half ago and they got their medical request on the 12th. They had their medical on the 27th and my dad's online status changed to 'Medical Passed' on October 1st. My mom's application status still says 'Your action is required.' Since both of them had the medical on the same day, shouldn't the statuses be updated together as well? We called the local IOM Medical office and the guy said the result should be available in 48 hours and if not, then there might be an issue with the results as per the Consulate. I also tried calling the CIC office but can never get through the waiting.

Can you advise? Is there cause to worry or is it still too early?

Thank you so much!
Syed