+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after further medical request

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Bryanna et al.

I applied for my parents' super visa a month and a half ago and they got their medical request on the 12th. They had their medical on the 27th and my dad's online status changed to 'Medical Passed' on October 1st. My mom's application status still says 'Your action is required.' Since both of them had the medical on the same day, shouldn't the statuses be updated together as well? We called the local IOM Medical office and the guy said the result should be available in 48 hours and if not, then there might be an issue with the results as per the Consulate. I also tried calling the CIC office but can never get through the waiting.

Can you advise? Is there cause to worry or is it still too early?

Thank you so much!
Syed
There is often a delay between two people because they are evaluated individually. You should hear this week or next week. It is a holiday weekend in Canada which may delay things until next week.

sasghar1992

Aug 7, 2018
There is often a delay between two people because they are evaluated individually. You should hear this week or next week. It is a holiday weekend in Canada which may delay things until next week.

Wow, I should have been a bit patient. Just checked and the status for my mom is Passed too. Thanks so much!

cyprian

Jun 22, 2017
Hi Bryann and all
Please is it better to do upfront medicals before applying for the super visa or to just apply and wait for the request to do medicals?
Please any reasons for any answer?
Thanks

Krisha8182

May 20, 2018
Hi everyone give me good advice pls Done citizenships Test I am pass yesterday websites says Decision Mede so when I call them For citizenships ceremony how long ??

Gbonski

Nov 9, 2018
Yes, I think so too. Fingers crossed for you
Hi Bryanna,

I need some clarification. I want to apply for supervisa for my mom however she is still working and can retire at any time. I want her to get the super visa before she retires as she was refused a TRV. If I state she has a job plus her husband back home as ties would that spoil her chances of getting the super visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

I need some clarification. I want to apply for supervisa for my mom however she is still working and can retire at any time. I want her to get the super visa before she retires as she was refused a TRV. If I state she has a job plus her husband back home as ties would that spoil her chances of getting the super visa
For the super visa, the focus is on your ability to financially support her stay. Some ties to her country would also help.

You'll need to address the previous TRV refusal reasons.

To answer your question:
No, her employment + stating her husband as a family tie to return to will not negatively affect her chances of a super visa approval. In fact, it is a good idea to apply now when she is still employed.

She must include evidence of other such ties: Property/land ownership or a lease + any other dependent family member + financial investments + pension (if she needs to return to renew it, if she applies after she retires), etc

Last edited:

Gbonski

Nov 9, 2018
For the super visa, the focus is on your ability to financially support her stay. Some ties to her country would also help.

You'll need to address the previous TRV refusal reasons.

To answer your question:
No, her employment + stating her husband as a family tie to return to will not negatively affect her chances of a super visa approval. In fact, it is a good idea to apply now when she is still employed.

She must include evidence of other such ties: Property/land ownership or a lease + any other dependent family member + financial investments + pension (if she needs to return to renew it, if she applies after she retires), etc
Thank you so much Bryanna for your speedy response. A follow up question is how long should her duration of stay be. She is currently a teacher and it would be impossible to get a leave of absence for 7 months.

By the way her reason for refusal was lack of travel history and insufficient income and assets to guarantee that she would return back. How do u suggest I respond to these also.

I am so sorry to be a bother and I really appreciate you taking time to answer these questions.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much Bryanna for your speedy response. A follow up question is how long should her duration of stay be. She is currently a teacher and it would be impossible to get a leave of absence for 7 months.
If she is unable to stay for up to two years (or she is unable to state a visit of at least one year for her super visa application) then you may want to consider reapplying for her TRV instead.... or else, she could apply for her super visa after she retires.

By the way her reason for refusal was lack of travel history and insufficient income and assets to guarantee that she would return back. How do u suggest I respond to these also.
You cannot change her travel history at this point in time. So, you can leave this point.

For the other refusal reasons, she must demonstrate she has strong reasons to return to her home country like I have mentioned earlier. These ties are critical for a TRV application.... and not so critical for a super visa application.

You'll need to see what will work best for her:
a. A TRV or a super visa
b. And, the timing for submitting her application (before or after her retirement)

Gbonski

Nov 9, 2018
If she is unable to stay for up to two years (or she is unable to state a visit of at least one year for her super visa application) then you may want to consider reapplying for her TRV instead.... or else, she could apply for her super visa after she retires.

You cannot change her travel history at this point in time. So, you can leave this point.

For the other refusal reasons, she must demonstrate she has strong reasons to return to her home country like I have mentioned earlier. These ties are critical for a TRV application.... and not so critical for a super visa application.

You'll need to see what will work best for her:
a. A TRV or a super visa
b. And, the timing for submitting her application (before or after her retirement)
Hello Again Bryanna,
She can stay for two years because once granted the super visa she would retire. I want to know if we need to show documentation that her work permitted her to stay that long.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
hi folks, my mother inlaw supervisa got approved but for my father inlaw they asked further test for TB. they say it will take 60 days to get the reports sent to CIC office in New Delhi. my mother in law cannot travel my her self...but I am 100% sure he doesn't have TB. this has delayed the whole process....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Again Bryanna,
She can stay for two years because once granted the super visa she would retire. I want to know if we need to show documentation that her work permitted her to stay that long.
Maybe she can take a bit of risk and submit all other evidence for her employment except a leave approval letter

Reactions: Gbonski

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much. Would keep you updated.
Quite honestly, I'm not too sure how this suggestion will work considering your mom is close to retirement + a leave approval letter establishes the employment tie.

Another suggestion:
1. Include the leave approval letter letter from her employer (for seven months approved leave?).

2. Include evidence of the post-retirement benefits that she is entitled to = She must return home.... But, do not directly mention her retirement

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.