28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
litsa74 said:
what do you meen fee paid? And another thing if we apply outland can we must send the hole documents and application mine for sponsor and his for applicant for pr or do i have to send first mine and after i get approval he must send his application. I am confused because somewhere i read that if you dont want to waste time sponsor and sponsored must send the application in the same envelope and here i read many messages from people that they send first the sponsor their applications then wait for their aproval and thet the aplicant for pr send theis documents.
You have to send both parts of the application together. If you only send the sponsor section - your application will be returned to you as incomplete.

computergeek means that you should pay the sponsorship application fees online and then print the receipt that proves you have paid these fees.

maroochka

Oct 28, 2013
Why would anyone apply INLAND in Canada, when they can technically apply OUTLAND while living in Canada (on a TRV and then extending it when necessary?) Outland is usually quicker, and you can appeal if you have any issues. It seems more logical....what am I missing here? other than the fact that there will be an expense of flying back to the home country for the interview....it can't be this easy?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
maroochka said:
Why would anyone apply INLAND in Canada, when they can technically apply OUTLAND while living in Canada (on a TRV and then extending it when necessary?) Outland is usually quicker, and you can appeal if you have any issues. It seems more logical....what am I missing here? other than the fact that there will be an expense of flying back to the home country for the interview....it can't be this easy?
Inland is mainly for applicants who are NOT visa-exempt, so may not be possible to extend a visitor visa.

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for your reply ....

Can you tell me how long it take to get Acknowledgement of receipt...?

Thanks in advance...

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
computergeek said:
That should be sufficient.

There are separate rules for each region, so it's always prudent to follow the appropriate rules. My recollection is that Islamabad does not want up front medicals (because of the extended time before they even look at your application). If your family is in Egypt, though you might be using a different office, in which case you should follow the rules appropriate to that office.

Given that your wife and daughter were previously examined the process should be fairly straight-forward for you. If your application is complete and thorough I suspect you will be one of the fast cases.
Dear Sir,

Its u again with the best reply...

May God bless u, congratultion on finalization of ur case.

BR

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
maroochka said:
If you are from the USA the fastest option would appear to be Outland. Seems like it takes just as long to get an OWP through Inland as it does to get your PR through Outland. I've noticed that a lot of USA applicants seem to be going the Outland route, me included. Good luck

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
maroochka said:
Also for people in Canada without status. And for those who have VOs with ridiculously long processing times. My VO is 18 months, although my fiancee is unable to get a visa to Canada, so that's a moot point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
maroochka said:
I'm guessing you didn't actually look at the outland processing times posted on the CIC web site. Check Islamabad and Singapore as examples.

Also - no OWP. That's a huge one if your VO has long outland processing times.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hi Everyone,

Is it better to apply inland or outland (New Delhi office) for sponsoring my spouse, she is already in Canada on PGWP ? Please suggest in terms of processing time, complications in the process, interview or anything else.

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

WellWisher

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
anshu said:
Can you tell me how long it take to get Acknowledgement of receipt...?
This can be within a few weeks or you might not get one at all. A lot of people never get an AOR but this is nothing to worry about. If you tracked the delivery of your application then you will know on what date they received it. It's not uncommon not to know anything is happening until suddenly you receive sponsor approval (that's what happened to us).

mercysmith7

Nov 22, 2013
Hello...

I came to Canada on Study permit, graduated from the College and applied for my Post Graduation work permit( online, thinking it would be faster to process) But my PG work permit application has been rejected saying they did not receive my passport document. Meanwhile I got married in Canada which was planned a while ago and I was advised to give my Inland Spousal Sponsorship application. I am out of Status right now and my husband is sponsoring me. I received a call from BLS International services saying Indian Consulate cannot issue my Police clearance and Birth certificate until I have a valid status in Canada. What Should I do in this situation...Also my Inland Spousal Sponsorship application asking me to provide Police Clearance and Birth certificate...Please suggest me with any options.

Thanks,
Mercy.

canfarhan

Nov 27, 2007
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Dear Mr. Leon
I am a female from middle east living in Montreal as visitor, when they refuse to extend my visitor visa I married original and permanent from Quebecois man.
I need your advice, I want to send my inland sponsorship application. can I apply for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit.
is there any risk to stay with my husband since they ask me to leave Canada before I got married.
other question which immigration office "to process my immigration application" I have to mention in the application.
I appreciate your help

litsa74

Sep 21, 2013
Hello again,

I am a canadian citizen by birth , as i told in my previous messages , me and my future husband after our marriage are tending to move to canada. We both live in Greece from kids. My fiance is Greek citizen. At first we decided to apply inland but we change our mind and we are gonna apply outland since the proccess is faster and we have the ability to appield and he will be able to travel without the fiar of loosing the application process. My question is if I dont have a house or work in Canada how can I prove that I intend to resine back to Canada when my husband get his Pr. And after we send our application can we move to canada and both stay there until the proccess ends , in order to find house and me find a job so we dont waste time?
Another thing , since we are going to move to canada before the process ends , how can i get my mail in Canada address or can they inform me about the stage of my application and the necessary extra documents they want from us by email? (His documents and mine). Can we inform them after we send the application that we change address mail?or ask them to getting informed by email and not by post?

Mxngurl

Nov 23, 2013
Inland or Outland? With student visa. Please help

Hello. I hope someone familiar to this situation can provide me with some guidance. I am a permanent resident in Canada who got married last march in Canada. My husband applied for the student visa in July because we believed it was a good opportunity to further develop his education while we could be still together. So he has been with me with the student visa in Canada. Now in October we learned that We are expecting our first baby and our decision to permanently stay in Canada gets confirmed, so I believe it is important to go ahead with the sponsorship application. Our dilemma is whether we should apply within Canada or back in his country of nationality. Is that even an option?

If we decide to apply from outside (for the freedom to visit family when our baby is born and the faster processing time) can he still remain in Canada with his student visa? Or he must be physically in his country? He already visited a canadian doctor for the medical examination listed from the government site. Will that be valid? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As you are a PR, you MUST reside in Canada during the application processing from the day it's received by CIC up until a final decision is made. I am assuming that you would prefer your husband to be with you. Therefore, you can apply either inland or outland. He does not have to remain in his home country if you apply outland but he does have to remain inside Canada if you apply inland. So for flexibility and maybe speed as well, outland would be a good choice I suspect.