10-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Hi everyone,

Aussie citizen applying for spousal sponsorship here. I have a question about the submission of forms in our application. For the person getting sponsored (in this case, me), I have six forms in my application (IMM 0008, 0008DEP, 5669, 5406, 5490 and 5476). A number of them do not apply to me, such as 0008DEP and 5476. In these instances, do I need to submit them blank (or with N/A written on them), even if they're not needed, or is it okay to leave them out of the package all together? On the CIC website, it says all of them need to be submitted, but it's not clear if they're talking about all of them, or just the relevant ones. Common sense says it's just the relevant ones, but you never know...

Also, IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) looks like it needs to be filled out only if I have family accompanying me from Australia. In my case, it is just me. Do I need to fill this out?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Don't return forms that are not needed. Just don't tick them on the checklist. No point in wasting trees.
IMM 5406 is for you to fill in about your parents and siblings etc.

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torvic said:
Hi everyone,

Aussie citizen applying for spousal sponsorship here. I have a question about the submission of forms in our application. For the person getting sponsored (in this case, me), I have six forms in my application (IMM 0008, 0008DEP, 5669, 5406, 5490 and 5476). A number of them do not apply to me, such as 0008DEP and 5476. In these instances, do I need to submit them blank (or with N/A written on them), even if they're not needed, or is it okay to leave them out of the package all together? On the CIC website, it says all of them need to be submitted, but it's not clear if they're talking about all of them, or just the relevant ones. Common sense says it's just the relevant ones, but you never know...

Also, IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) looks like it needs to be filled out only if I have family accompanying me from Australia. In my case, it is just me. Do I need to fill this out?

Thanks
im going through the same thing!!!

just send in forms relevant, not blank ones. If there are questions that dont apply then put NA so its not just left blank.

im doing it all inland are you??

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katiebates said:

just send in forms relevant, not blank ones. If there are questions that dont apply then put NA so its not just left blank.

If you're applying Inland, shouldn't you show Vegreville, rather than Mississauga on your profile?

If not...never mind. :D

torvic

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
04-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
katiebates said:

I'm doing outland, but sending it to Ottawa, so in the case I get called for an interview, it will be there and not Sydney.

zardoz said:
Don't return forms that are not needed. Just don't tick them on the checklist. No point in wasting trees.
IMM 5406 is for you to fill in about your parents and siblings etc.
Okay, thanks.

Mxngurl

Nov 23, 2013
If my husband and me apply outside of Canada while he holds his student visa does he needs to get his medical examination in the country of his nationality? He already went to a canadian doctor's office approved by the government. Will he need to re do it? And besides traveling back to his country are there any other reasons that he might need to go back?

Finally his student visa expires September 2014 should we need to wait until we get closer to that date to request an extension and apply or should we submit it all documents with the sponsorship application?

Thank you for your help and sorry for too many questions.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mxngurl said:
If my husband and me apply outside of Canada while he holds his student visa does he needs to get his medical examination in the country of his nationality? He already went to a canadian doctor's office approved by the government. Will he need to re do it? And besides traveling back to his country are there any other reasons that he might need to go back?

Finally his student visa expires September 2014 should we need to wait until we get closer to that date to request an extension and apply or should we submit it all documents with the sponsorship application?

Are you filing for inside Canada or outside Canada processing (and realize that he can file for "processing outside Canada" even if HE is inside Canada)?

The medical examination can be done by any panel physician, anywhere in the world.

The answer to your "how does he extend the student visa" question depends on if you are going inland (apply with the PR application) or outland (apply separately, prior to the expiration of the student visa).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mxngurl said:

He can go to any designated Panel Physician in the world.
If it's an outland application, it will have no benefit to any visa that he currently holds.
Therefore, he should do whatever he would normally do if there was no application in progress.

Edit: Great minds eh?

Mxngurl

Nov 23, 2013
We just learned that we can apply from outside of Canada while he holds his student visa. He might need to go back to Italy if an interview is required. Is that true though?

mercysmith7

Nov 22, 2013
mercysmith7 said:
Hello...

I came to Canada on Study permit, graduated from the College and applied for my Post Graduation work permit( online, thinking it would be faster to process) But my PG work permit application has been rejected saying they did not receive my passport document. Meanwhile I got married in Canada which was planned a while ago and I was advised to give my Inland Spousal Sponsorship application. I am out of Status right now and my husband is sponsoring me. I received a call from BLS International services saying Indian Consulate cannot issue my Police clearance and Birth certificate until I have a valid status in Canada. What Should I do in this situation...Also my Inland Spousal Sponsorship application asking me to provide Police Clearance and Birth certificate...Please suggest me with any options.

Thanks,
Mercy.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
torvic said:
I'm doing outland, but sending it to Ottawa, so in the case I get called for an interview, it will be there and not Sydney.
Okay, thanks.
Keep in mind that to qualify for Ottawa processing, you will have to have at least 1 full year left on your current work/student status, at the time you send your application. If your status would be expiring in less then a year, CPC-Mississauga will most likely just send your application to Australia.

Also even if you do qualify for Ottawa processing, CPC-M may still just send your app to Australia. They don't always follow the request for visa office you put in the application form.

torvic

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
04-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Rob_TO said:
Keep in mind that to qualify for Ottawa processing, you will have to have at least 1 full year left on your current work/student status, at the time you send your application. If your status would be expiring in less then a year, CPC-Mississauga will most likely just send your application to Australia.

Also even if you do qualify for Ottawa processing, CPC-M may still just send your app to Australia. They don't always follow the request for visa office you put in the application form.
Thanks for your reply, Rob. Fortunately, I still have about 19 months left on my current visa, and we're hoping to submit within the next week or two, so that doesn't pose a problem.

And it's good to know your last point. We'll do what we can by requesting Ottawa and letting the rest take care of itself.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
See a lawyer. From what I have read, BLS make lots of errors and may be wrong.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

I have a very important question to ask.

I got my PR on 2nd OCT 2013. Now my wife and her parents are threatening me to cancel my PR. Can they do that? I am not involved in any fight and nothing reported in POLICE either. I am very worried and they are threatening me everyday.

Plz plz reply

Thanks

Naz

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
nazam80 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a very important question to ask.

I got my PR on 2nd OCT 2013. Now my wife and her parents are threatening me to cancel my PR. Can they do that? I am not involved in any fight and nothing reported in POLICE either. I am very worried and they are threatening me everyday.

Plz plz reply

Thanks

Naz
They can't "cancel" your PR. No possibility at all. Only CIC can and even that requires due process.
They can threaten you as much as they like but they are powerless. Not only that, your sponsor is still responsible for the rest of the sponsorship period and she cannot choose otherwise.
Why do they want to? You need to tell us the full story if you want considered advice.