+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, as per suggestions of few of you folks, I am requesting my brother's wife to request for GCM notes from embassy. I need some help on filling the form. Should the form "AUTHORITY TO RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A DESIGNATED INDIVIAL" filled by only my brother or also by his wife? In that form, in step 6 (your designated individual's contact information), if I am not wrong asking for physical mailing address of the sponsor (his wife)? In that section, can I provide my own email address as she doesn't check her email so often and also not well versed if email is sitting in the junk folder?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Questions.. Can you send in the applications for sponsorship, OWP etc..without payment and they will send a request for the payments? Also, if you send in all documents without getting the medical done first will they send you a request to have the medical done?

Trying to get all done AND get around Xmas too, ugh.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
KaZRa said:
Questions.. Can you send in the applications for sponsorship, OWP etc..without payment and they will send a request for the payments? Also, if you send in all documents without getting the medical done first will they send you a request to have the medical done?

Trying to get all done AND get around Xmas too, ugh.
Hi KaZRa,

There is a payment form you can attach with the application, where you put your credit card information for them to process your fees. But dont send in the application without making payement or attaching that form, else they will return your application back to you (they won't request you to make fee payement later). :-\

But for medical it is fine. If you dont include your medical receipts while submitting the application they will send you the instructions on how to get medical done once they reach that point during processing your application. 8)

Best of Luck.

NorthernStar

Nov 20, 2013
I am a permanent resident of the US, a Chinese by citizenship and married my husband, who is a Canadian citizen just a couple months ago. We are getting ready to submit the Canadian PR sponsorship paper work for me now. A few questions if you can help! 1). Should we take inland or outland approach? I am in Canada now, as the border control officer granted me the 6 month resident status (extension allowed). If outland application is much faster than the inland, we would rather go with that. 2). If outland, should we apply from the US or China? If China, does it mean I have to go back to live in China and wait or can I wait in the US? 3). If I can still be in US, can I still travel between US and Canada? It'll be hard not seeing my husband regularly. 4). If we apply inland, my husband and I can still travel between US and Canada, right? But it is better not to travel to China until the Canadian PR is granted?

Thank you!

mfaith

Nov 18, 2013
My hubby did not pay the right of permanent residence fee upfront, he paid immediately after sponsorship approval. Now he received this mail from cic.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxxxxx
A refund in the amount of $490.00 has been initiated and will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six to eight weeks.

Contact Information
For information about CIC programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our web site
When you contact CIC, please have your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number available. Your UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that CIC representatives will only discuss your sponsorship application with you or with the individual you appointed as your representative.
Change of Address
You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately by contacting the Call Centre. Changes to your address should be made through our online service. An incorrect or old address may result in delays in the processing of your refund.
Sincerely,
Officer HMM
case processing centre mississauga

pls can someone tell me what this means

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What exactly did he do with the RPRF payment receipt? If the payment is not "used" it gets automatically refunded.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mfaith said:
My hubby did not pay the right of permanent residence fee upfront, he paid immediately after sponsorship approval. Now he received this mail from cic.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxxxxx
A refund in the amount of $490.00 has been initiated and will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six to eight weeks.

Contact Information
For information about CIC programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our web site
When you contact CIC, please have your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number available. Your UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that CIC representatives will only discuss your sponsorship application with you or with the individual you appointed as your representative.
Change of Address
You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately by contacting the Call Centre. Changes to your address should be made through our online service. An incorrect or old address may result in delays in the processing of your refund.
Sincerely,
Officer HMM
case processing centre mississauga

pls can someone tell me what this means
It means they couldn't find where to apply that $490 payment. When you send it in after the fact it is best to list the File Number on it so CPC-M can properly match it up. Without that information they may not be able to figure out how to apply it properly and that would lead to a refund.

mfaith

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for the quick response, u are right, my husband did not list his uci number and my file number on the receipt. What should we do? Wait to get the refund or make another payment and mail with the proper info?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mfaith said:
Thanks for the quick response, u are right, my husband did not list his uci number and my file number on the receipt. What should we do? Wait to get the refund or make another payment and mail with the proper info?
The refund will be a cheque, so you will have to figure out how you want to pay the RPRF (again). You can certainly wait until the cheque comes back, or you can pay the fee again - this time making sure to reference your file and/or UCI.

rainjohnny

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Bacolod City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014 (Appendix A, Passports and Re- Med)
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
November 08, 2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
November 10, 2013
Med's Request
June 05, 2014
Med's Done....
May 16,2013 (Remed June 25, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 05, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
(By God's Divine Will and mercy should be by) December 2014
Hi,

Has anybody here sponsored a spouse with children from her/his previous marriage; if so, what is the success rate of these kind of sponsorship compared to married couples with zero children prior their marriage?

Does having children from a previous marriage affect the spousal/ family class sponsorship?

~Thank You~

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rainjohnny said:
Hi,

Has anybody here sponsored a spouse with children from her/his previous marriage; if so, what is the success rate of these kind of sponsorship compared to married couples with zero children prior their marriage?

Does having children from a previous marriage affect the spousal/ family class sponsorship?

~Thank You~

Thank you.
It shouldn't pose a serious problem as long as all the paperwork is in place. Specifically, the principal applicant will need formal permission from the children's other parent to remove them from their country of current residence. Of course, if the other parent is deceased or the principal applicant has sole legal custody, supported by court documents, that's fine. If the children are of the age of majority in both their current country AND Canada, it's also not an issue.

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
Hi everyone!!

I am in Indian...My husband has submitted papers for my sponsorship to canada, when would we get application number ...?

And what are steps followed after submission of papers..?

Please help me by answering my queries...

Thanks in advance...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anshu said:
Hi everyone!!

I am in Indian...My husband has submitted papers for my sponsorship to canada, when would we get application number ...?

And what are steps followed after submission of papers..?

Please help me by answering my queries...

Thanks in advance...
Hi,

You should receive your application number and UCI number(s) [one for each of you] when you get your AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt). This lets you know that your application has been received by CIC.

As far as `what are steps followed after submission of papers'...that really depends on whether your filed an Inland application or an Outland application.

Outland- Take a short nap, because you might get through the ( total) processing time in just over 1 year (but, I don't know what the actual times are for your native country, which is the stage 2 [of 2] approval).

Inland- Take a much longer nap, paint the house (inside and out), tear apart and re-assemble a few kitchen appliances (for no reason), read Moby Dick (but skip every third word) and see if the story still makes sense at the end, and then...repeat all of this a couple of dozen times...while you wait and wait and wait.

The Inland processing time is ~11 months for stage 1 (approval of your husband as a sponsor) followed by whatever the wait time is for your approval (several months later).

Good luck!

litsa74

Sep 21, 2013
computergeek said:
He will be subject to normal examination, but normally CIC will permit him to remain.

No.

Make sure you have a "fee paid" receipt if you have not submitted the application. If you have submitted it already, you can bring a copy with you but the ideal is to have the sponsor approval letter for entry. You (as the Canadian Citizen) should do the talking.

Normally, they will permit him to stay in Canada with you while the application is processed. But it is up to the CBSA officer. You should be able to explain how he can afford to remain with you without working while the application is in process. For example, if you are staying with family, having a letter from them saying so is helpful. If you have savings, make sure you bring documentation, etc.

It is a Charter guaranteed right that you may live and work anywhere in Canada. Your husband will have that same right once he is a permanent resident of Canada.
what do you meen fee paid? And another thing if we apply outland can we must send the hole documents and application mine for sponsor and his for applicant for pr or do i have to send first mine and after i get approval he must send his application. I am confused because somewhere i read that if you dont want to waste time sponsor and sponsored must send the application in the same envelope and here i read many messages from people that they send first the sponsor their applications then wait for their aproval and thet the aplicant for pr send theis documents.