28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
brymas said:
do I need to request for the Option C printout even I have already my employment certificate ( whom I am working since 2009 ) ?
Yes.

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
Hi Lyla,

First of all, congratulations on your marriage. A Nikkah is a legal binding agreement (both religious and civil). You can mention the date of your summer celebration in your application, but I would strongly advise you to file as soon as you get your marriage certificate (6-8 weeks after civil ceremony).

Remember, first step is sponsor approval, then the process begins. You can save at least 4-6mons of processing time if you file right away. So again, my sincere advise, a Nikkah is as legit as it gets for a wedding. Go ahead and file asap and not wait till summer :)

Hope that helps!

Lyla said:
Hello

I have a couple of questions regarding my situation. I plan on my marrying my fiance who's an international student in Canada and I am a Canadian citizen. We plan on doing the paper marriage (Nikkah) first with a few important guests at the end of this year and then do the remaining events (with extended family) back home in Pakistan in the coming summer. When would be the best time for me to submit the spousal application? Can I submit it right after the paper work for the marriage (Nikkah) is done and submit the proofs of the events separately after they happen in the summer? Or should I wait till all the events have taken place by the end of the summer and then submit the application as a whole?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
HadIer11 said:
Hi,
i applied for my family(wife) near June 2011 and just a weak ago, My wife received a letter from Canadian Embassy. They send the later on 12 Sept 2012 but on the letter date was mention 30 Augest 2012.
i have the following questions, please any one help me.

1) they mention that for future crospndense we should use the file number, but there is no file number in the letter we have only
UCI 12345678 and Aplication F000012345, there is also printed Paper File# but no number mention in front of it.So let me know which number i should use for future. OR i have to inform them about missing file number.

2) me and my wife also lived in saudia, while my stay in saudia Arab she visit two time and total stay in saudia is six and half month (6.5 months). her first stay was 4 month and second stay was 2 and half month (2.5 Month).
So they ask if applicatn stay in any country for six month then she has to submit police clerance cetrifacte from that country. Let me know either she should submit it or not becusase her stay was not 6 months in one stay.

3) they did not asked for the medical for my family. does she submit the medical by her self or wait for next call.

4) please let me know how much time it will take now. because it is already 16 months to my family case.
Hi Hadier

1.Your file number is your UCI number. That is what you use to check the status of your application on line and I believe you also use this plus the application no. for any future correspondence. You can check your application status on www.cic.gc.ca

2. I suggest to be on the safe side, your wife should submit a police clearance as she did stayed 6 months.

3. Yes your family will need to do a medical. If it the same as here in England, the medical centre/office in Saudi Arabia will send her medical document themselves to the Canadian Embassy, your wife will be given a copy.

4. I am not quite sure the time line in Saudia Arabia, I would suggest you check the this website: www.cic.gc.ca for the Saudia Arabia processing time.

Good luck

tankgirl

Sep 18, 2012
Hi,

My name's Abril and I joined the forum because my hubby and I are starting the process to get my PR and everything is so confusing.

Hopefully someone might help us with their experiences.

We are about to sent the application for Sponsor Evaluation to Mississauga and I'm not sure whether we have to send ALL the documents listed in the IMM5491E (My application, travel documents, etc.) or only those related to him. For one thing, I'm currently in Canada with a visitor visa and obviously can't send my passport nor am I able to get the police and medical certificates since I will be here until November or so.

So, what are the documents we have to send in step one? this is soooooo confusing.

Thanks for your help :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tankgirl said:
We are about to sent the application for Sponsor Evaluation to Mississauga and I'm not sure whether we have to send ALL the documents listed in the IMM5491E (My application, travel documents, etc.) or only those related to him. For one thing, I'm currently in Canada with a visitor visa and obviously can't send my passport nor am I able to get the police and medical certificates since I will be here until November or so.
You must sent a complete application - both his part (sponsor) and your part (applicant). It is a lot of paperwork, but with perseverance you can put it all together as many of us have in the past.

First, you need to carefully read the checklist (country specific and you don't mention from which country you are coming, IMM 3910 for US applicants) because it tells you what you need to send as originals or copies. No country requires you send your passport with the application - just copies of pages in your passport. I don't know of any countries that won't provide police clearance certificates to someone out of country, although I'm sure there are some. The US certainly doesn't require that and I've ordered FBI clearance letters while in Canada several times. You also need to have an immigration physical done by a "designated medical professional" - a qualified Canadian immigration doctor and there is a list on the CIC website.

For most applicants, the place to start is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Good luck!

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
My wife is a Canadian citizen and I am a UK citizen. We live in the UK (she has permanent residency here) and are now planning to move to Canada. We are applying for PR for me with my wife as my sponsor. We are about to send off the application (outland) but have noticed that her passport has just expired.

The ‘sponsor’ document checklist says she can send a copy of her passport OR her birth certificate, so that’s not an issue, but on the ‘Immigrant’ checklist it says I have to include copies of my passport AND my spouse’s passport. Now this is confusing, as obviously in our case my spouse is also my sponsor. So should I send a copy of my wife’s Canadian passport, which is expired, or not send it? If I send her expired passport will they reject our application? Is it better not to send her passport in which case they may request it, by which time we will have a renewed passport for her?

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
rosskilgour said:
My wife is a Canadian citizen and I am a UK citizen. We live in the UK (she has permanent residency here) and are now planning to move to Canada. We are applying for PR for me with my wife as my sponsor. We are about to send off the application (outland) but have noticed that her passport has just expired.

The ‘sponsor' document checklist says she can send a copy of her passport OR her birth certificate, so that's not an issue, but on the ‘Immigrant' checklist it says I have to include copies of my passport AND my spouse's passport. Now this is confusing, as obviously in our case my spouse is also my sponsor. So should I send a copy of my wife's Canadian passport, which is expired, or not send it? If I send her expired passport will they reject our application? Is it better not to send her passport in which case they may request it, by which time we will have a renewed passport for her?

You may renew your both passport. And one of the requirements is thebiopage of the passport hope it'll belp

Sep 12, 2012
Hi all,
1. I'm just filling in application forms, and my husband and I live in Iran (I am a Canadian citizen). We share a little girl and I'm wondering if she needs to be included in the current undertaking number in question 5 of IMM5481. She's a naturalized Canadian citizen.

2. Also how do i fill in dates for present circumstances (an address I currently live at, do i leave the 'To' box empty)? I'm only allowed to fill in dates, so I can't write 'currently' or 'presently'.

3. And so sorry but one last question is if I wasn't in Canada for the past few years, do I still need to submit an option-C printout of my last notice of assessment?

Thanks so much

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
confused sponsor said:
Hi all,
1. I'm just filling in application forms, and my husband and I live in Iran (I am a Canadian citizen). We share a little girl and I'm wondering if she needs to be included in the current undertaking number in question 5 of IMM5481. She's a naturalized Canadian citizen.

2. Also how do i fill in dates for present circumstances (an address I currently live at, do i leave the 'To' box empty)? I'm only allowed to fill in dates, so I can't write 'currently' or 'presently'.

3. And so sorry but one last question is if I wasn't in Canada for the past few years, do I still need to submit an option-C printout of my last notice of assessment?

Thanks so much
yes.all the requirement must to fill in.

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying: do you mean we should renew my wife's passport before we send our application? Could we send the application, THEN renew her passport, so if they ask about it we will have it ready?

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
rosskilgour said:

The ‘sponsor' document checklist says she can send a copy of her passport OR her birth certificate, so that's not an issue, but on the ‘Immigrant' checklist it says I have to include copies of my passport AND my spouse's passport. Now this is confusing, as obviously in our case my spouse is also my sponsor. So should I send a copy of my wife's Canadian passport, which is expired, or not send it? If I send her expired passport will they reject our application? Is it better not to send her passport in which case they may request it, by which time we will have a renewed passport for her?

Hi Rosskilgour

I am in the same boat as you and your wife. I am the sponsor (Canadian Citizen) and I am sponsoring my husband (British) and we both live in England.

When I sent our application, I have included copies of my Canadian passport and Canadian Citizenship Certificate and those copies are certified by a lawyer.

I suggest that your wife renew her passport before sending your application to be on the safe side and saves time and as I believe that they want to know that your wife has a valid travel document. It it much better to send your application as complete package coz if not, then it will take time for them to send you a request for her passport, then you sending it back and believe me before they can process your application, it needs to be complete. I am sure it does not take too long to renew her passport in London.

Good luck

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi all;
we sent out application for sponsorship on Aug 7th, it reached Misissauga on Aug 9th. Sept 20th (today), received an email saying that the sponsor is approved and the application is sent to NewDelhi office for applicant verification. My question is, although I received the details through an email with a UCI number, when I try to check application status in CIC website, it says, the information provided is wrong when I am pretty sure i am logging the right information?? Any solution for this problem....

Also, wonder what would be the next step...

Thanks
Vee

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
VPS said:
Hi all;
we sent out application for sponsorship on Aug 7th, it reached Misissauga on Aug 9th. Sept 20th (today), received an email saying that the sponsor is approved and the application is sent to NewDelhi office for applicant verification. My question is, although I received the details through an email with a UCI number, when I try to check application status in CIC website, it says, the information provided is wrong when I am pretty sure i am logging the right information?? Any solution for this problem....

Also, wonder what would be the next step...

Thanks
Vee
Congratulations on your quick sponsorship!

It generally seems to take up to a week before anything shows up in e-cas.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
computergeek said:
Congratulations on your quick sponsorship!

It generally seems to take up to a week before anything shows up in e-cas.
Thanks!!

ArchRivalNeo

Sep 20, 2012
Sponsoring a US citizen from within Canada

Hello Everyone,

First time posting here. My wife is a US citizen and I'm a Canadian PR. We're currently living in Calgary and I'm almost done with applying for her residency (sponsoring spouse from within Canada class). One question I had was regarding the police clearance certificate. I just found out about that after finishing everything else in the applications (forms, docs, etc). I checked CIC's website for details and they only accept police clearance certificates from the FBI for US citizens. The FBI's website estimates upto 18 weeks processing time. My questions are 1) Can I send the application as it is right now and later send them the PCC when I receive it? I called CIC helpline and they said specifically that the application has to be complete as they perform a completeness check when they receive the application. I wanted your opinions on it. 2) How long does the PCC really take to get back to you once you've applied for it from within Canada? Has anyone ever gotten it quicker or later than they say (16-18 weeks)?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer :)