Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brymas said:
Relationships that are not eligible:

you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Let me set it up a bit clearer:

IF

a) You have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year

AND

b) either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person

THEN

relationship is not eligible.

That means, you are ok to live apart for one year as long as neither of you has entered into a new relationship with another person.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godzilla9 said:
it means that if you have conjugal partnership with your sponsor and you lived apart for last 12 months, then he/she cannot sponsor you.
Or if he/she has another partner, then he/she cannot sponsor you either.
This is not relevant if you are married.
Note that there is an "and" in that sentence and not "or". They are ok to live apart for one year as long as neither of them has entered into a new relationship. However, if they are apart for one year AND one of them has entered into a new relationship, they can not sponsor.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Thank you for your email, following our conversation via telephone, I received a call from Immigration Canada, the information that was given to me from the agent that I spoke with is that the file is at the stage of a (selection decision) if eligible to apply in sponsorship category. If the file goes through then they will communicate with Sadiq to ask for medicals, and they will proceed to verification of background check as well. And again I was confirmed that the time frame expected for a decision is November or December, 2012.

Hi all,can someone help me with this above as the MP's secretary wrote me telling me this can sme one be a little more clearer and help me what she is saying. I feel a bit lost.
Thanks
Micmac101

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi;

I had sent the spousal application package on Aug 7th and got the spousal approval on sept 20th. Received an email saying that the application has been sent to NewDelhi office. Is there an excel sheet giving average processing time of NewDelhi applicant? Can someone share it? Also; does having a well organized document have an impact on reduced processing time? We did have all documents organized except for the PCC from India and Singapore as this requires letter from embassy requesting for the PCC inorder to apply..

Thanks
Vee

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
It means if you are not married and not living together for a year and have no immigration barriers, you cannot apply to be sponsored/to sponsor boyfriend/girlfriend.
No, it means that if you are not living together for a year, regardless of being married and one of you has entered into a new relationship with a 3rd person, you can not sponsor / be sponsored.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Leon said:
No, it means that if you are not living together for a year, regardless of being married and one of you has entered into a new relationship with a 3rd person, you can not sponsor / be sponsored.
Sorry, didn't realize it was already answered. Will delete my post.

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Hello I'm currently sponsoring my husband I reside in canada and he lives in Jamaica

As of the fees I want to make sure I pay the correct ones can someone please tell me the exact fees I am to pay?

I requested a receipt on the online link given. Is this just for the $75 application fee? Or is it for all the fees combined? Also besides going to the certain institution can I pay it otherwise?

Thanks for the help!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
melissa123 said:
Hello I'm currently sponsoring my husband I reside in canada and he lives in Jamaica

As of the fees I want to make sure I pay the correct ones can someone please tell me the exact fees I am to pay?

I requested a receipt on the online link given. Is this just for the $75 application fee? Or is it for all the fees combined? Also besides going to the certain institution can I pay it otherwise?

Thanks for the help!
You can pay online if you're able to. But the grand total is 1040. 75+550+475 :)

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
How come no one offers to answer my question that I put on here yesterday???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmac101 said:
Thank you for your email, following our conversation via telephone, I received a call from Immigration Canada, the information that was given to me from the agent that I spoke with is that the file is at the stage of a (selection decision) if eligible to apply in sponsorship category. If the file goes through then they will communicate with Sadiq to ask for medicals, and they will proceed to verification of background check as well. And again I was confirmed that the time frame expected for a decision is November or December, 2012.

Hi all,can someone help me with this above as the MP's secretary wrote me telling me this can sme one be a little more clearer and help me what she is saying. I feel a bit lost.
Thanks
Micmac101
She said they are working on your case and you might have some news in Nov./Dec. 2012.

Sep 23, 2012
Dear sir/madam,

1. Within how much time does the visa office at New Delhi returns the passport back?

2.When I applied for PR way back in 2010 my family status was single and now also it is single, but my family is planning to get me married off once I received my PR visa stamped on my passport, so once I received my visa, how can I inform the Visa office about change in my social status informing them that I’m married, and if at that stage I want to add my spouses application along with mine will it be possible and what effect will it have on my own visa and how much more time will it consume, since my spouse to be needs to apply for a passport as well as we need to have a marriage certificate for getting the passport issued also.

3.if i want to marry a lady who is already a single mother to an adopted kid, what all is the process, kindly reply please as im too much worried now?

Please reply I need help on this issue on priority basis.

Regards.

ciltex

Aug 12, 2012
Dear Friend;
In the form 5406 section A some information about spouse or common-law is required, it must be filled by sponsor information?
thank you for your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubna.jagirdar said:
1. Within how much time does the visa office at New Delhi returns the passport back?

I don't know

2.When I applied for PR way back in 2010 my family status was single and now also it is single, but my family is planning to get me married off once I received my PR visa stamped on my passport, so once I received my visa, how can I inform the Visa office about change in my social status informing them that I'm married, and if at that stage I want to add my spouses application along with mine will it be possible and what effect will it have on my own visa and how much more time will it consume, since my spouse to be needs to apply for a passport as well as we need to have a marriage certificate for getting the passport issued also.

Be very careful with this. If you get married before landing, your visa will become invalid because your family composition has changed. Immigration is very strict about this. If your passport is now with the visa office and you absolutely want to get married before you land, you must notify the visa office immediately that they should not issue your visa because you are about to get married. You have no choice about adding your wife to your application if you marry before landing. You must do it. It will delay your application but you do not have a choice. Your other option would be to delay the marriage, go and land quickly when you get the visa, come back, get married, go back to Canada again and apply to sponsor your wife. As a PR, you must be residing in Canada to sponsor. To sponsor from India could take 7-9 months. Your wife will most likely not be able to get a visit visa to come join you in Canada before her sponsorship is complete.

3.if i want to marry a lady who is already a single mother to an adopted kid, what all is the process, kindly reply please as im too much worried now?

You can add both of them to your application now or sponsor both of them later. It needs to be clear that she has full custody of the child. If there was an adoptive father as well, an ex husband of hers perhaps, he either needs to agree to the immigration of the child or she needs to show she has full custody.

mvpardz

Sep 23, 2012
Spousal sponsorship

Hi, just wanted to ask.. I'm sponsoring my husband here in winnipeg, Canada embassy in manila is now asking for his passport and advisory of marraige, how long would it take for my husband to get his passport back?! I'm just so excited to be with my husband again.. Pls guys reply!!