Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
melissa123 said:
1. E.g. when it says "what is the time period you have worked or went to school" if it was from 2005 to Present do you put 2005 to "the current date"? Or do you write in pen "present". Are you able to do that? because when I try to type Present it doesn't allow me to do so.
With manual forms, this is what I have done in the past. With the new bar code forms, I put the date that I am signing the document. That seems to be satisfactory to the visa office (at least CPC-M and CPP-O have not complained.)

melissa123 said:
2. If it is not applicable to us and the online application just doesn't let me type anything in that field completely do I just leave it blank and print it out. Or go back when it is printed and right N/A in every empty space? Or is that not necessary?
With manual forms, I would always write "N/A". With the new bar code forms, no sense in putting anything on the forms after, since they won't look at them - they'll scan the barcode and pick up the information coded there. So now I leave them blank.

melissa123 said:
3. In some of the questions example what diploma did you receive and e.g. "High School Diploma" It doesn't let me write the whole description so does putting H.S. Diploma make a difference? OR would you recommend not to abbreviate anything? and if so can I leave it blank and write it in after it is printed again?
I'd abbreviate. If I had a concern about them understanding the abbreviation, I would attach a separate page (make sure you put your name and if you have it your UCI on the page) and explain what you meant. That's worked for me in the past.

Good luck!

sonny369

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 7 2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 12 2012
File Transfer...
JUNE 12 2012
Med's Done....
JANUARY 20 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
JUNE 28 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 3RD SEPT, PASSPORT RECIEVED on 17 SEPT
LANDED..........
IN 1st WEEK OF OCT
HI

I m waiting form passport from last 13 days after getting DM.but dont get my PP back yet
Did anybody know how to put inquiry in New Delhi Vissa Office
and in how many days they reply back to you.
plz help
thanks

sonny

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sonny369 said:
HI

I m waiting form passport from last 13 days after getting DM.but dont get my PP back yet
Did anybody know how to put inquiry in New Delhi Vissa Office
and in how many days they reply back to you.
plz help
thanks

sonny
From what I've read, it can take up to 2 months, possibly less. So just sit tight, should get it back soon :)

noke9

Sep 16, 2012
Work Permit Time Frame

Hello,

I just have a few questions. I had been working in BC for the summer with my company, I had a temporary visitors pass and it has expired. We had applied for an LMO while I was up there, but haven't heard anything in regards to the time frame the process will take. I also have applyed for an open work permit, what is the time frame on this process?

I'm trying to get back asap, but I have not been able to get any reponse on the progress for either. Is there an average time frame for both, or one, to be completed? And will it be within a reasonable time frame?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Work Permit Time Frame

noke9 said:
Hello,

I just have a few questions. I had been working in BC for the summer with my company, I had a temporary visitors pass and it has expired. We had applied for an LMO while I was up there, but haven't heard anything in regards to the time frame the process will take. I also have applyed for an open work permit, what is the time frame on this process?

I'm trying to get back asap, but I have not been able to get any reponse on the progress for either. Is there an average time frame for both, or one, to be completed? And will it be within a reasonable time frame?
It doesn't sound like you would qualify for an open work permit. So I think you should expect the open work permit to be refused (unless there is additional information that you haven't provided about yourself that might qualify you for an OWP).

I believe LMOs take approximately six weeks to process.

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
computergeek said:
You can always order a copy of your old file (in fact, I'd suggest to ANYONE who doesn't have a copy that they order a copy). See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

If it's beyond the retention date (which is possible) then CIC won't have a copy of it either, so they won't know your memory is bad.

My advice is that if you don't remember the exact date, just SAY so - attach an explanatory letter. Then even if there is a discrepancy you've already put them on notice that you're doing this based upon your best recollection.

I did this on my PR application where they asked me for my "first date of entry into Canada". I guessed - I was, um 17 months old at the time. I thought I was doing well to be able to identify the month and border crossing (thanks Mom!) but their form wants the DAY. I might have been a bright kid, but I wasn't quite keeping a travel log at that point! I also had a copy of my first application sent to me (they sent it on a CD-ROM, scanned pages of everything in my file.)

Note: you want a copy of your PHYSICAL file. Normally I suggest getting computer notes, but in your case you want to see the actual application you submitted. Since your processing won't be affected by your ATIP request, get the physical file copy - if they still have it.

Good luck!

Thank you, computergeek! this is a very useful info that you have provided. God bless!

kris112118

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys! Really need your help. I am a filipina, I worked under live-in caregiver here in Vancouver and Meet my hubby here and we get married. He sponsor me under family class and also my daughter (depedent child) she is in the Philippines rightnow. Here is my timeline....

We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 16, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on July 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on December 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2012 to XXXXX, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I received allready the letter on April 19, 2012 and also my open work permit. They said they will contacting my family in the Philippines for the medical of my daughter (minor)... It's allready almost 5 months but my family in the Philippines didn't receive any from Immigration in Manila (Philippines). I been sending them email but they don't reply to me. I am worried and confused what should I do? I dont know if my family in the Philippines needs to submit form to Embassy Manila, but what kind of form or docs. or they just wait for the Embassy Manila to contact them.??? Please i really need help.

brymas

Aug 25, 2012
HI everyone,

I got married Dec 2011, and got back to canada January 2012. I am a canadian citizen. I am sponsoring my wife, would it be a problem if I haven't update my status here in canada as married like, I failed to inform my employer ...?

Thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
brymas said:
HI everyone,

I got married Dec 2011, and got back to canada January 2012. I am a canadian citizen. I am sponsoring my wife, would it be a problem if I haven't update my status here in canada as married like, I failed to inform my employer ...?

Thanks.
Did you advise CRA when you filed your 2011 return? If not, they won't be happy when they find out. If you didn't file a 2011 return, then you will need to inform them with your 2012 return, as it affects the computation of your taxes.

CIC generally doesn't care. But if they have further questions about the legitimacy of the relationship it is a good idea to have those things done so you can show them.

darkhorse64

Sep 17, 2012
OUR STORY:I would like to sponsor my gf to become a PR here in Canada. I am a born Canadian citizen and she is Portuguese, but is living in UK and has been there for 20+ yrs. We met online and have been communicating by webcam for 3 yrs. She has come here 3 times, once for 2 wks, then for 3 months, then a week, and this Dec, for 6 months. We can't wait to finally be together! A couple of questions answered would be greatly appreciated!
1. Under our circumstances, what would be the best way to go about applying for PR with me as her sponsor? We have heard that being married makes it easier to immigrate, but have put it off, because we want to marry because we love each other, not as an aid to immigration. Now after all this time, we feel ready. Should we wait another 6 months and apply after being married? We just want to do the most sure and right thing. We are truly in love and want to spend our lives together here in Canada and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.
2.As I understand it, when she comes for those 6 months, she should have a return ticket to prove she isn't trying to live there illegally and that when those 6 months are up, she will have to go back to Uk or apply for an extension. If she uses the return ticket to go back, can she come right back a week or two later for another 6 months or does that depend on whether or not we have started the application process? Or waste the return ticket and get the extension?
3. Under our circumstances, would it be better to apply within Canada or abroad? If we apply abroad and she still has her UK address, can she still be here?
4. Our form of communication over the years has been exclusively through online webcam and texts, so i dont have proof in the form of phone records or chat logs. A number of friends and family have also talked with her on the webcam and received and sent her texts over the years. Are letters from friends, family and other witnesses verifying their knowledge of our relationship over the years, along with photos, our joint bank accounts and credit cards, house ownership, passport stamps from visits, and plane ticket stubs going to be sufficient?
5.I am currently unemployed and receiving benefits, but seeking employment. Will that affect anything? or would it be better to apply once full time employment is acheived?
6. Would a letter from a parent stating that in the event I dont have work, he would make sure she was taken care of be helpful?
Thanks in advance for the help!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
darkhorse64 said:
1. Under our circumstances, what would be the best way to go about applying for PR with me as her sponsor? We have heard that being married makes it easier to immigrate, but have put it off, because we want to marry because we love each other, not as an aid to immigration. Now after all this time, we feel ready. Should we wait another 6 months and apply after being married? We just want to do the most sure and right thing. We are truly in love and want to spend our lives together here in Canada and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.
You haven't lived together for a year so you don't qualify as common-law. Thus, marriage is your only other alternative at the present time.

darkhorse64 said:
2.As I understand it, when she comes for those 6 months, she should have a return ticket to prove she isn't trying to live there illegally and that when those 6 months are up, she will have to go back to Uk or apply for an extension. If she uses the return ticket to go back, can she come right back a week or two later for another 6 months or does that depend on whether or not we have started the application process? Or waste the return ticket and get the extension?
She probably won't have much of a problem at the border, but yes, having ties to her home is imperative and a return ticket is part of that puzzle. If she has submitted a PR application, she should show them evidence of that (receipt for payment of fees at minimum, sponsor approval letter is better) and then they should give her a visitor record. It is discretionary, but generally CBSA is lenient with EU members.

darkhorse64 said:
3. Under our circumstances, would it be better to apply within Canada or abroad? If we apply abroad and she still has her UK address, can she still be here?
She can request the Paris or London offices and they are both very fast - 8 months for 80% of applications. Add the 2.5 months for sponsor approval and you're looking at under a year. Inland processing is sitting at 17-18 months right now. Given that, you'd be crazy to file inland. She can be anywhere in the world - including Canada - with an outland application. It just means her file will be processed outside Canada.

darkhorse64 said:
4. Our form of communication over the years has been exclusively through online webcam and texts, so i dont have proof in the form of phone records or chat logs. A number of friends and family have also talked with her on the webcam and received and sent her texts over the years. Are letters from friends, family and other witnesses verifying their knowledge of our relationship over the years, along with photos, our joint bank accounts and credit cards, house ownership, passport stamps from visits, and plane ticket stubs going to be sufficient?
Letters work well. Try not to make them all sound identical, of course. The other items you mention are also helpful and demonstrate you have a genuine relationship. Don't overdo it here - 20 pages of good evidence showing the evolution of your relationship is better than 2000 pages of chat logs for the past six months. The evidence should tell a story - showing how your relationship has evolved and brought you to the point where you are now.

darkhorse64 said:
5.I am currently unemployed and receiving benefits, but seeking employment. Will that affect anything? or would it be better to apply once full time employment is acheived?
There's no hard income limit. EI is not considered social assistance. So you can just demonstrate that you have been employed in the past, and that you are looking for new work. While not required, if your girlfriend has skills you can demonstrate that as well, to show she will find gainful employment - you just need to convince the VO you won't need social assistance.

darkhorse64 said:
6. Would a letter from a parent stating that in the event I dont have work, he would make sure she was taken care of be helpful?
It certainly cannot hurt and helps show why you won't need social assistance - that you have a support system in place in Canada.

Good luck!

joshuacv

Jan 15, 2012
Hello all.

I am getting married in Japan early next month!

My GF and I met in Canada last October and we dated until she left at the end of February. We got engaged before she left. She returned to Japan at the end of February to finish her job and get ready for our wedding. She plans to return to Canada two weeks after the wedding. I will be returning a few days after the wedding. My plan is to have the entire outland application package completed and ready to bring to Japan with me. I will gather all the necessary information and have her sign any of the documents that need to be signed. Then as soon as I return, I'll put it in the mail.

There is a doctor in her home town that is certified to perform the medical check. Can she have that done now (almost a month before sending the application)?

They explained to her that she does not receive a copy and that it goes directly to Manilla. Is this normal? Will this present any problems? I was under the impression it had to be included with the other documents.

My GF booked a 7 day return flight to Canada. She was just going to discard the return portion and stay with me while our application is pending. She was under the impression that after 6 months she could enter the US for a day and come back to Canada the following day. We have since learned that this may not be possible. We have been told that she should have a longer return ticket (3 months). Is this true? What should she tell the border agent? Does she have to apply for a special temporary visa to stay with me if the application takes longer than 6 months? Any detailed information on this would be very helpful. We are concerned she may get refused at the border and that would be terrible.

We have to have all of the documents translated. How/where can we find someone that does this?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help us with this information. We want to make sure we follow the rules and have a smooth application process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
joshuacv said:
Hello all.

I am getting married in Japan early next month!
Congratulations!

joshuacv said:
There is a doctor in her home town that is certified to perform the medical check. Can she have that done now (almost a month before sending the application)?
Yes, she can, but it is only valid for 12 months after it is done, so the closer to the application submission you can do it, the better.

joshuacv said:
They explained to her that she does not receive a copy and that it goes directly to Manilla. Is this normal? Will this present any problems? I was under the impression it had to be included with the other documents.
They will give you a copy of IMM 1017 EFE that you include. Everything else is sent to the regional medical centre where it is evaluated and the results entered into their computer system. Only the medical coding will be transferred by the VO into her GCMS (normal immigraiton) case file.

joshuacv said:
My GF booked a 7 day return flight to Canada. She was just going to discard the return portion and stay with me while our application is pending. She was under the impression that after 6 months she could enter the US for a day and come back to Canada the following day. We have since learned that this may not be possible. We have been told that she should have a longer return ticket (3 months).
Ideally she should have sponsorship approval to show, or at least a copy of the application fee receipt. She can apply for inland renewal of her status as visitor. It's not very likely she will be refused with an in process application. But a BSO has the option to refuse her the right to re-enter. It's not LIKELY but it is POSSIBLE.

joshuacv said:
We have to have all of the documents translated. How/where can we find someone that does this?
Do a web search, there are often firms (like here in Vancouver) that do it for a modest fee per document.

Good luck!

HadIer11

Sep 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aprial 2011
AOR Received.
June 2011
File Transfer...
25 June 2011
Med's Request
1st mdeical expired
Med's Done....
2nd Medical done 20 Dec 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
13 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 3013
LANDED..........
I wish
Hi,
i applied for my family(wife) near June 2011 and just a weak ago, My wife received a letter from Canadian Embassy. They send the later on 12 Sept 2012 but on the letter date was mention 30 Augest 2012.
i have the following questions, please any one help me.

1) they mention that for future crospndense we should use the file number, but there is no file number in the letter we have only
UCI 12345678 and Aplication F000012345, there is also printed Paper File# but no number mention in front of it.So let me know which number i should use for future. OR i have to inform them about missing file number.

2) me and my wife also lived in saudia, while my stay in saudia Arab she visit two time and total stay in saudia is six and half month (6.5 months). her first stay was 4 month and second stay was 2 and half month (2.5 Month).
So they ask if applicatn stay in any country for six month then she has to submit police clerance cetrifacte from that country. Let me know either she should submit it or not becusase her stay was not 6 months in one stay.

3) they did not asked for the medical for my family. does she submit the medical by her self or wait for next call.

4) please let me know how much time it will take now. because it is already 16 months to my family case.