+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

harry07

Sep 13, 2012
Spousal sponsorship processing time

:) :) :)
hi guys can u help me,how long will it take to get my passport back from Delhi embassy,my application was transferred to Delhi on 24th july,passport sent on 21th August 2012.e status is application received on 31st May 2012,medical has been received.........now waiting for response.... :( :( :(

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship processing time

harry07 said:
:) :) :)
hi guys can u help me,how long will it take to get my passport back from Delhi embassy,my application was transferred to Delhi on 24th july,passport sent on 21th August 2012.e status is application received on 31st May 2012,medical has been received.........now waiting for response.... :( :( :(
This link might help to show what others have face recently. It looks between 3 weeks and 3 months with about an average of 50 days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnsA1_L-IeGFdC1rTlg2THdGakE1SUhfMXF1WFRpS2c&hl=en_US#gid=1

tentenoid

Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/12
AOR Received.
12/07/12
File Transfer...
19/07/12
Passport Req..
16/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/12
Hi guys! I just wanna ask something. I'm the applicant for spousal sponsorship(VO in MAnila). I was working in Dubai when our application was submitted so my residential address in that application was in Dubai but mailing address in Manila. Now that we got the sponsor approval, I quit my job in Dubai and went back to Manila to wait for the PPR. My question is do I have to update my residential address? Or I have to wait for the PPR and update them together with my passport? Thanks in advance! :)

dazednlost

Sep 14, 2012
I have been in Canada for 8 months to live with my Fiance. I am a US citizen and we dated for 4 years, seeing each other 2 times a month. I drove here with full intentions of getting married and completing the Inland Family Sponsorship, but due to some financial problems, we have had to delay the marriage and the cost of Sponsoring me.

Now our relationship has taken a terrible dip in the road. I am trapped in an abusive relationship. He drove and wrecked my car and I cannot afford to fix it. I have a degree in finance but i have been working cleaning houses to help with food and rent but not enough to live on and i don't have PR status or work permit since we were going the family sponsorship route.

Bottom line, I have no family in the US and have lost contact with any friends that I could possibly help me. I don't have the funds to fix my car nor the money for transportation to the US if i even had someplace to go there.

Should I go to the nearest police station? Any consulate in Calgary? Will they just take me to the border and drop me off homeless with no food or money? Do I lose my car at our apartment?

Please, what options do I have? I do the accounting for the cleaning company i work for and they would pay me very good to be the office manager but i have to have a work permit and from what I have tried to do, they would not be able to hire me due to LMO restrictions.

Any advice or help or where to look and ask would be helpful. I never thought this would ever happen but it did.

I'm trapped in a country with no family and an abusive man.

chiflis

Sep 14, 2012
Hello all,

Would like to get so input from somebody and maybe start being optimistic again.

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in El Salvador. Our story is quite diferent since we were married when we were 21. Got divorced because he didn t want to live in Canada, ( i am canadian and had met him on vacation in El salvador)

Years passed and 2 years ago, we got back together. He s been my only love and never forgot him. We are now 38 years old. I started sponsoring him as a common law because things were a bit complicated, because he was still married to me in el salvador. I divorced in Canada, so we had to annul or validate that divorce in el salvador in order to remarry! Like i said my story is quite diferent.

We got married in June of this year.

He had an interview in March where they told him they would make a final decision soon....

In July he got a letter saying he had to redo his medical exams.

I am also sponsoring his 14 year old boy.

in August another email saying they never got exams and if he had done them. We have receipt and proof of seding all documents.

I don t want to lose him again, and honestly it feels like immigration takes their sweet time just so to test long distance relationship . Problem is i help him financially and it is not easy!

Anybody have any opinion about this? IS there any chance it will get refused or take longer because it started as conjugal spouse and now as married?

I live in province of quebec. Mentioning it cause unfortunately there are diferent rules for Quebec.

Thanking for you any feedback i could get.

M

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dazednlost said:
I have been in Canada for 8 months to live with my Fiance. I am a US citizen and we dated for 4 years, seeing each other 2 times a month. I drove here with full intentions of getting married and completing the Inland Family Sponsorship, but due to some financial problems, we have had to delay the marriage and the cost of Sponsoring me.

Now our relationship has taken a terrible dip in the road. I am trapped in an abusive relationship. He drove and wrecked my car and I cannot afford to fix it. I have a degree in finance but i have been working cleaning houses to help with food and rent but not enough to live on and i don't have PR status or work permit since we were going the family sponsorship route.

Bottom line, I have no family in the US and have lost contact with any friends that I could possibly help me. I don't have the funds to fix my car nor the money for transportation to the US if i even had someplace to go there.

Should I go to the nearest police station? Any consulate in Calgary? Will they just take me to the border and drop me off homeless with no food or money? Do I lose my car at our apartment?

Please, what options do I have? I do the accounting for the cleaning company i work for and they would pay me very good to be the office manager but i have to have a work permit and from what I have tried to do, they would not be able to hire me due to LMO restrictions.

Any advice or help or where to look and ask would be helpful. I never thought this would ever happen but it did.

I'm trapped in a country with no family and an abusive man.
First and foremost, you should IMMEDIATELY remove yourself from the situation. While you can go to the police, I would suggest you find an organization that helps abused women. They will have the contacts necessary to ensure you have a safe place to stay, they can assist with referrals to attorneys, and they will have contacts with law enforcement. Make sure to remove yourself from the abusive situation IMMEDIATELY - for your own safety.

With respect to employment, as a US Citizen, if you can find a qualified NAFTA position then you don't need an LMO. Accounting is one of the qualifying areas. FW 1 "Temporary Foreign Workers" (on the CIC website) is the manual that describes the requirements to qualify as an Accountant under NAFTA:

Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; or C.P.A., C.A., C.G.A. or C.M.A.
You said you have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance; whether this is sufficient or not is something CIC/CBSA will need to determine, but in my experience it is relatively easy for a US citizen with a degree to find a NAFTA qualifying job in Canada. That removes the need for an LMO. You still need a work permit, however. So, if the cleaning company really needs an accountant or some other position qualifying under NAFTA, then you can work out the job description with them. Then you can obtain a work permit at the border (or via inland application) with the offer letter for a NAFTA-qualifying job, evidence you have the skills, $150, two photos and a completed application form.

Please get yourself out of the abusive situation as soon as possible.

Good luck!

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
sammara12 said:
Hi everyone!

Need help!...the embassy ask me for the medical test of my non-accompanying son, within 60 days but my ex-wife is refusing or not cooperating. What should I do?.. Thank you..:(
Hi, do they asked this from the time of your PPR? or you got this as an additional requirements after your PPR? We have similar case actually and we already submitted along with our application forms the notarized affidavit stating the reason why i failed to have my 2 boys (dependents) examined. When i forwarded to CEM my passport i again included a copy of the notarized affidavit that i already sent them... until when my ecas showed "in process" they sent me an DECLARATION FORM (CEM format) that with full understanding i know the consequences of not having my kids examined.... in other words ganun silang kakulit at paulit ulit na lang at nakaka asar na talaga. I sent that DECLARATION FROM last Aug. 22 up to now i dont hear anything yet.

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
Hello everyone, my question is about the sponsor's previous addresses outside canada re IMM 5540 #8, do the dates have to be exact? i just cannot remember the exact dates/duration of my residency. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
RM15 said:
Hello everyone, my question is about the sponsor's previous addresses outside canada re IMM 5540 #8, do the dates have to be exact? i just cannot remember the exact dates/duration of my residency. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Hey,

I would assume all you can do is give the best possible answer to the questions posed and try to be as accurate as possible. When filling out my applicant forms, when it came to schooling, I know they were not 100% accurate but they were close and was the best possible answer I could give. As long as your honest I can't see how much more you can do than that. :D

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
Thank you very much Rising Sun :). I'm just worried because the info that I might remember now would be different from the one on my previous immigration file when I first applied for my Permanent Residence status back in 2002 re dates and exact address. I hope I can find a copy of that previous application.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
RM15 said:
Thank you very much Rising Sun :). I'm just worried because the info that I might remember now would be different from the one on my previous immigration file when I first applied for my Permanent Residence status back in 2002 re dates and exact address. I hope I can find a copy of that previous application.
You can always order a copy of your old file (in fact, I'd suggest to ANYONE who doesn't have a copy that they order a copy). See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

If it's beyond the retention date (which is possible) then CIC won't have a copy of it either, so they won't know your memory is bad.

My advice is that if you don't remember the exact date, just SAY so - attach an explanatory letter. Then even if there is a discrepancy you've already put them on notice that you're doing this based upon your best recollection.

I did this on my PR application where they asked me for my "first date of entry into Canada". I guessed - I was, um 17 months old at the time. I thought I was doing well to be able to identify the month and border crossing (thanks Mom!) but their form wants the DAY. I might have been a bright kid, but I wasn't quite keeping a travel log at that point! I also had a copy of my first application sent to me (they sent it on a CD-ROM, scanned pages of everything in my file.)

Note: you want a copy of your PHYSICAL file. Normally I suggest getting computer notes, but in your case you want to see the actual application you submitted. Since your processing won't be affected by your ATIP request, get the physical file copy - if they still have it.

Good luck!

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
NEW DEVELOPMENT IN MY CASE:

Today I received an email from Ottawa VO asking for:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following:

From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for yourself. This must be received at this office by: 11/13/2012

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

NOTE: The RPRF in the amount of $490.00 CAD (or $490.00 USD) MUST be paid directly by your sponsor in Canada to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

To ensure continue processing of your file, you MUST make the fee payment within 60 days from the date of this letter

I have already sent them my
FBI Letter (police cert) - Dated Oct 10, 2011
Indian Consulate Police Clearance Certificate - Dated Jan 20, 2012
Already paid that RPRF fees at the time of applying - March 28, 2012

I have all the scan copies of these documents. What should I do? They gave me 60 days to provide all these docs. If I apply again, FBI letter will take atleast 60 days from now.

Can anybody please guide me who has gone through this kind of situation?

Thanks so much

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Glad you were able to get it to post.

manispreet said:
From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for yourself. This must be received at this office by: 11/13/2012
Is this a request for a (US) State PCC as well as the FBI clearance letter?

manispreet said:
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

NOTE: The RPRF in the amount of $490.00 CAD (or $490.00 USD) MUST be paid directly by your sponsor in Canada to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

To ensure continue processing of your file, you MUST make the fee payment within 60 days from the date of this letter

Already paid that RPRF fees at the time of applying - March 28, 2012
I'd send them a copy of the receipt AND send a copy of their letter AND your receipt to CPC-M. I'd also order up a copy of my GCMS notes and see if it shows the fees were paid (in which case it is LA's fault) or not (in which case it is CPC-M's fault.) I know when I pulled my own GCMS notes, it said the RPRF had been paid.

manispreet said:
I have all the scan copies of these documents. What should I do? They gave me 60 days to provide all these docs. If I apply again, FBI letter will take atleast 60 days from now.
I'd print out and send - via courier - a copy of everything you've already sent along and a copy of their letter. I'd also state that I was going to order new PCCs as per their request, but that it would take more than 60 days to comply. I'd send them a copy of the PCC requests as well, so they know they are in progress (this is what I've done in the past and it worked just fine.)

I'd also consider sending a copy via FAX and via e-mail. If you have a name signed on that letter USE IT. The one thing I did find in the past is that by putting a visa officer's name on the courier package it received VERY prompt attention.

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Hello,

I am currently sponsoring my husband who lives out of Canada and I am a canadian citizen. I am in the process of sending in my application. I just had a few simply questions to do with the application package.

1. E.g. when it says "what is the time period you have worked or went to school" if it was from 2005 to Present do you put 2005 to "the current date"? Or do you write in pen "present". Are you able to do that? because when I try to type Present it doesn't allow me to do so.

2. If it is not applicable to us and the online application just doesn't let me type anything in that field completely do I just leave it blank and print it out. Or go back when it is printed and right N/A in every empty space? Or is that not necessary?

3. In some of the questions example what diploma did you receive and e.g. "High School Diploma" It doesn't let me write the whole description so does putting H.S. Diploma make a difference? OR would you recommend not to abbreviate anything? and if so can I leave it blank and write it in after it is printed again?

Thanks so much for the help!