Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
JAMO1973 said:
I have a question about the application received update. I sent our application last Sunday. The 3rd of August. It was sent by D.H.L. and was received in the mail room in Mississauga on the 6th. This doesn't constitute application received I guess. Does application received mean when they actually get around to looking at the application?
Sometimes Cic M sends an Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is when they first actually open up your package and checking that it is complete and assessing the sponsor. When he package is actually received in the mail room is not the AOR. You may receive AOR when Mississauga is close to sponsor approval, which would probably be about 10 days or so before the actual sponsor approval. When I had sent in my application, I got AOR on September 26th, 2012 and then got sponsor approval on October 9th, 2012. Sometimes, however, CIC-M doesn't send AOR. You may not hear anything until Sponsor approval. Hang tight. I think sponsor approval is over a month now.

swapnil005

Aug 10, 2014
Ghanaboy said:
Once she has her .pr now,there's nothing to fear anymore,she can travel outside for her marriage and any vacation of her choice but she has to live in Canada for a specific number of days in a year to maintain her status as .pr

There's no problem conducting the marriage in the state and application processed in India,go ahead,no need going to India now
Thank you so much for your reply.

The only concern i have is that i heard someone say (and it might be a rumor) that in spite of mentioning the visa processing center of my choice in the application, the Canadian embassy reserves the right to send this application to any center they want, either the country of my nationality (India) or country of my residence (US) where i have lived since last 1 year, when they are different as in my case.
If that happens with me, and they send it to NY, i will not be present in US after less than a year which is going to be a big trouble for me when visa interview comes as i wont have US visa within 1 year and there is always a chance that i might not get US visitors visa to attend the interview if i have to stand for it.
Hence want to make sure that they send my file to India for processing. Can you please shed some light on how it works?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
swapnil005 said:
Thank you so much for your reply.

The only concern i have is that i heard someone say (and it might be a rumor) that in spite of mentioning the visa processing center of my choice in the application, the Canadian embassy reserves the right to send this application to any center they want, either the country of my nationality (India) or country of my residence (US) where i have lived since last 1 year, when they are different as in my case.
If that happens with me, and they send it to NY, i will not be present in US after less than a year which is going to be a big trouble for me when visa interview comes as i wont have US visa within 1 year and there is always a chance that i might not get US visitors visa to attend the interview if i have to stand for it.
Hence want to make sure that they send my file to India for processing. Can you please shed some light on how it works?
yes this is true, however CIC will also make this determination based on how long the approved residency is for. if your visa in the us is valid for less than a year, then i think they send the app to your country of citizenship. I assume if you pick the visa office based on your citizenship, not residency, they will comply. If it were the opposite (you asking it to be processed basd on your residency not your citizenship), then i think CIC is less likely to comply with your request. NY does not process spousal sponsorships. US applications get procesed in Ottawa, and if an interview is requested, it is in LA. Current outland applications in OTtawa are getting approved in 3-7 months.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks tink23. I fiured it was something like that but I wasn't sure. When they do make a decision on sposorship approval to they contact by e-mail or via letter?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
JAMO1973 said:
Thanks tink23. I fiured it was something like that but I wasn't sure. When they do make a decision on sposorship approval to they contact by e-mail or via letter?
We got everything by email. Most people get it through email, but some get actual letters mailed to them.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks again tink 23

dhaant

Aug 11, 2014
Hey i have a similar question.

I am an Indian citizen. My US visa student visa has expired last year in 2013. My I-20 is active which is keeping me in status in US since last 6 years. This I20 will expire in less than 1 year so i will be leaving US in less than an year.

If i am still residing in US when my wife (Canadian PR) files for my spousal PR application, and i indicate that i want India for visa processing (because obviously my I-20 is not valid for more than a year), does CIC send my file to India or can then send it even to US visa processing center since i am non immigrant resident of US since 6 years?

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Good day to every one:)
I'm a caregiver here in Toronto Ontario canada , married last September 2013 to a Canadian ,
may husband sponsor me together with my Open work permit we submit application on January 2014 but they return it February because one of form is updated then we sent back February also. Then im waiting for my Open permit so by April I called them asking about my OWP they told to me that they will process that when 1st approval stages of sponsorship so shock, I told to them my work permit will expired on may 2014 so what I will do , do I need to apply work permit extension, the agent that I talk in immigration told me no need, how bout my work I said, u can still work as long as same employer, ur status will be implied. So now the immigration sent back may Application of open work permit because it's say that I own them 5$ the fee for processing is increase 5$, when I pay the fee still 150$ but in february when they receive the application it's 155$, they didn't told me bout it, now they told me that I will say pay the 155$ then refund the 150$ but u will submit the application of open permit when u receive ur 1st approval from immigration but now that ur OWP resent back to u it means that u don't have implied status so u need to get status with in 90 days (starting in ur work permit expired ) here in canada work permit or visitor visa to remain in canada , if u decide to get work permit u need to get new LMO & restoration of status

I'm here at canada 2010 February as caregiver so it means I'm here 4years already.
My work permit expired may 2013 , if the 90 days count the expired day so it means I still have couple of days of August.
I don't have Ohip now too, now that I really need it because I'm 3months pregnant so we need to pay everything doctor appointment & laboratory , so I'm really hoping to get status & apply in Ohip .

My question is can my same employer still apply my new LMO even I'm here at canada 4year now & get work permit ?

Or do I need to apply the visitor visa for more faster , is the visitor can apply Ohip card?

Can u please advice me what I'm gonna do, thanks u very much:)
God bless:)

AnneKyle

Jan 20, 2014
Hi there,

I'm starting to get grey hair from all this immigration context. I apologise in advance if this isn't the right thread for this, however, please let me ask you something. I am a German citizen who has been in Canada for nearly two years. Me and my partner married in April, we both have jobs. I started to get all my documents together to apply for PR (Inland). So, everything's good. However, I was under the impression that I could continue working under 'implied status' once my permit runs out and I have been reading about this all day today. Yes, I am here under the IEC program and I do understand that I am legally not allowed to continue working after my visa expired, fair enough. However, I have been reading that the Working Holiday Visa is an open working permit and this certain type of visa doesn't allow people to continue working. I get that. However, I am already on my second year and I am under the 'Young Professionals' category and I do have a closed permit, which means I can only work for one employer. So my question is, am I still not allowed to continue working for these guys until my husband has been approved as my sponsor which then allows me to apply for an OWP? I am still fairly new to all this but many of you seem to understand what's going on and I'd appreciate if anyone could help me. Also, if I can't continue work here, I would need to change my status from worker to visitor right? And would you recommend to apply from inland or outland Canada? Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hey guys, how are u all in here. Just a quick (most likely common sense) question for you all. Do u guys think that based on the timeline and me and my wife were married only for 3-4 months, will this In process to Decision made will take a bit longer or it all depends on VO as usual. I mean i know now they doing background checks etc etc etc, but nevertheless i just want to hear your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, advices. Thank you so much in advance to all Smiley

Sincerely Alex

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hey guys one more question, quick question, did anyone got their Decision made here and if so, was it automatic visa after few days or some other complications like interview, etc etc, please share if anyone has encountered that Smiley

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AnneKyle said:
Hi there,

I'm starting to get grey hair from all this immigration context. I apologise in advance if this isn't the right thread for this, however, please let me ask you something. I am a German citizen who has been in Canada for nearly two years. Me and my partner married in April, we both have jobs. I started to get all my documents together to apply for PR (Inland). So, everything's good. However, I was under the impression that I could continue working under 'implied status' once my permit runs out and I have been reading about this all day today. Yes, I am here under the IEC program and I do understand that I am legally not allowed to continue working after my visa expired, fair enough. However, I have been reading that the Working Holiday Visa is an open working permit and this certain type of visa doesn't allow people to continue working. I get that. However, I am already on my second year and I am under the 'Young Professionals' category and I do have a closed permit, which means I can only work for one employer. So my question is, am I still not allowed to continue working for these guys until my husband has been approved as my sponsor which then allows me to apply for an OWP? I am still fairly new to all this but many of you seem to understand what's going on and I'd appreciate if anyone could help me. Also, if I can't continue work here, I would need to change my status from worker to visitor right? And would you recommend to apply from inland or outland Canada? Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!
Correct - there is no implied status with working holiday visas so you will have to stop working as soon as your YP work permit expires. You would be much better off applying outland.

waheed shah

Aug 4, 2014
how long will it take to sponsor spouse who is british citizenship to canada? my next question is can a spouse having british citizenship waiting for permanent resident card can get a work permit in canada? kindly plz reply

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
waheed shah said:
how long will it take to sponsor spouse who is british citizenship to canada? my next question is can a spouse having british citizenship waiting for permanent resident card can get a work permit in canada? kindly plz reply

The average time for a Brit is about 6 to 8 months if he applies outland. If he applies inland it is taking 12 months to get to first stage, then he can get a work permit .So best apply outland. If he is here as a visitor he can not work .

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
So they updated additional dependents form...It asks "Will accompany principle applicant to Canada".. That would be a yes then right? My husband is sponsoring me and he is Canadian living there.. So I would be accompanying him? I think I'm confusing myself.....
Also, my FBI clearance came back a few ago, how long are they good for again? The FBI spelt my middle name wrong-will this be a problem? If so they said I have to start the whole finger print process again. SO frustrating because they messed up.... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!