waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
msbigshot said:
So they updated additional dependents form...It asks "Will accompany principle applicant to Canada".. That would be a yes then right? My husband is sponsoring me and he is Canadian living there.. So I would be accompanying him? I think I'm confusing myself.....
Also, my FBI clearance came back a few ago, how long are they good for again? The FBI spelt my middle name wrong-will this be a problem? If so they said I have to start the whole finger print process again. SO frustrating because they messed up.... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
you are the principle applicant, so you can not be a dependant as well. a dependant is typically a child who is not a canadian citizen who needs to be sponsored to be in canada. you are not accompanying your husband to canada. he is a canadian SPONSORING his wife to be a pr. if you do not have any children, then the additional DEPENDANT form does not apply to you, and you do not need to include it. just put an n/a on the checklist. do not confuse this form with the "additional family information" form (imm 5406) which is required for the application to process.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
rhcohen2014 said:
you are the principle applicant, so you can not be a dependant as well. a dependant is typically a child who is not a canadian citizen who needs to be sponsored to be in canada. you are not accompanying your husband to canada. he is a canadian SPONSORING his wife to be a pr. if you do not have any children, then the additional DEPENDANT form does not apply to you, and you do not need to include it. just put an n/a on the checklist.
I think I was so frustrated with the FBI stuff that I forgot I never did that one in the first place...... Thank you though, for a quick response. Much appreciated.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I sent my application on August 3 but printed the forms on August 1. I just saw now that the forms were updated as of August 1. Do I need to re-do the form and re-send it?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Do children over 19 need to be included on the IMM 0008 now? Do they have to complete an additional or background dec form?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
JAMO1973 said:
I sent my application on August 3 but printed the forms on August 1. I just saw now that the forms were updated as of August 1. Do I need to re-do the form and re-send it?
no, you are better off waiting until you hear from CIC. they may request new forms and they may not. you won't know until they ask for them. there is no point in sending in updated forms when your application is essentially sitting in a box or drawer somewhere waiting to be opened up. CIC appears to have a grace period for when they expect applicants to use the updated forms. and, no, i do not know if this is "written anywhere" or what that grace period is. all you can do now is stop trying to find reasons for there to be an issue and relating every concern to your application, and just wait until you hear from cic.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks. You're right about finding ways to worry. I have found this very stressful as it is absolutely necessary to go back to Canada.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
JAMO1973 said:
Thanks. You're right about finding ways to worry. I have found this very stressful as it is absolutely necessary to go back to Canada.
assuming that every single question on this forum has some relation or effect on your application is not going to help. it will do the complete opposite. remember, every application is unique, and not everything you read relates to your own application. if you need to, limit your time on the forum.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Yeah you're right. Thanks again. I need to relax a bit more. Lol

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
DeeY said:
Hello i am new to this forum, I applied to sponsor my husband from Lima,peru on June 4 2014 i received my Acknowledgment letter on August 1 2014, it said my file was sent to lima then then 3 days later it said DECISION MADE on CiC Application status what does the Decision made mean? ::)
it means they made a decision on the sponsor's application and sent the application to the visa office. it means the exact same thing the letter said that you received.

gogogadget

Aug 12, 2014
Hi everybody! Long time visitor of the site. Certainly helped with my application which was very handy when I applied back in January this year. So big thanks in advance to everyone who is able to help me out here...

From January 2012 to January 2014 I was on a Working Holiday Visa which entitled me to work for any employer in Canada. Before the expiry of my WH Visa I applied for two (2) Visas; 1 x Temp. Work Permit and 1 x Family Class Sponsorship - Spousal sponsorship (my wife is Canadian). The idea of applying for the Temp. Work Permit was so I could have this before my Family Class Sponsorship was completed so that I could enter/exit Canada without the need to stay in Canada, as presently I am on 'Implied Status'. My application was completed inside Canada.

My question relates to the following; I've since been told (by other Federal and Provincial agencies) that the Temporary Work Permit should have been processed now and usually only takes about 3 months. Suffice to the say this isn't what CIC has told me over the phone. They said my Temp. Work Permit will be processed when my Family Class Sponsorship is processed which means presently this won't be processed till Jan/ Feb 2015.

Should I be requesting something to CIC so that my Temp. Work Permit can be processed quicker? As I live in Quebec I wanted to continue learning the French language, yet for them to let me into the government funded programs that are run here I need to provide my Temp. Work permit. So you might be able to see the irony here... :)

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
GoGoGadget

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gogogadget said:
Hi everybody! Long time visitor of the site. Certainly helped with my application which was very handy when I applied back in January this year. So big thanks in advance to everyone who is able to help me out here...

From January 2012 to January 2014 I was on a Working Holiday Visa which entitled me to work for any employer in Canada. Before the expiry of my WH Visa I applied for two (2) Visas; 1 x Temp. Work Permit and 1 x Family Class Sponsorship - Spousal sponsorship (my wife is Canadian). The idea of applying for the Temp. Work Permit was so I could have this before my Family Class Sponsorship was completed so that I could enter/exit Canada without the need to stay in Canada, as presently I am on 'Implied Status'. My application was completed inside Canada.

My question relates to the following; I've since been told (by other Federal and Provincial agencies) that the Temporary Work Permit should have been processed now and usually only takes about 3 months. Suffice to the say this isn't what CIC has told me over the phone. They said my Temp. Work Permit will be processed when my Family Class Sponsorship is processed which means presently this won't be processed till Jan/ Feb 2015.

Should I be requesting something to CIC so that my Temp. Work Permit can be processed quicker? As I live in Quebec I wanted to continue learning the French language, yet for them to let me into the government funded programs that are run here I need to provide my Temp. Work permit. So you might be able to see the irony here... :)

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
GoGoGadget
With inland app, open work permit app is processed after stage 1 approval which based on current times is 12 months after applying. So if you submitted inland app in January this year, you can expect work permit by sometime after January 2015.

Elena0214

Aug 13, 2014
Hi I just have a question about income requirement. Is there still no income requirement? To be a sponsor can i be a student with part-time job?

And when my husband come to Canada with working holiday visa, and then apply for sponsorship, can he still be allowed to work?

Lastly, if he apply for outland, would he be able to get work permit after 1st approvall?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Elena0214 said:
Hi I just have a question about income requirement. Is there still no income requirement? To be a sponsor can i be a student with part-time job?

And when my husband come to Canada with working holiday visa, and then apply for sponsorship, can he still be allowed to work?

Lastly, if he apply for outland, would he be able to get work permit after 1st approvall?
Yes, you are still eligible as a sponsor.
He can work until the working holiday work permit expires. Then he must stop. They are non-extendable. He would have to apply to extend his visa as a visitor.
No, there are no work permits associated with outland applications.

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
Hi everyone.
Could anyone help me on my dilemma.

I just received my immigrant visa as asingle person but i am planning to get married before i land to canada. I informed the embassy about my plan to get married after receiving the visa. They are so kind to send me the instructions i need to do and accomplish but then due to some circumstances i decided not to push through with the marriage and go to canada as a single person. Would i be having problems later on if i didnt accomplish the things on the email.

Thanks a lot,
Dang

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dhang729 said:
Hi everyone.
Could anyone help me on my dilemma.

I just received my immigrant visa as asingle person but i am planning to get married before i land to canada. I informed the embassy about my plan to get married after receiving the visa. They are so kind to send me the instructions i need to do and accomplish but then due to some circumstances i decided not to push through with the marriage and go to canada as a single person. Would i be having problems later on if i didnt accomplish the things on the email.

Thanks a lot,
Dang
As long as you are still single when you go to Canada, it will not matter that you decided not to get married. People change their minds..