09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2012
Nomination.....
23-05-2012 nomination apprpved with AINP Certificate
AOR Received.
30-08-2012
File Transfer...
NOVA SCOTIA (for PR app. under PNP) App.filled:June 8,2012 File no. Received: July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
10-15-2012
Passport Req..
05-27-2013
LANDED..........
14-07-13
Can somebody help my friend please she is already permanent resident 2013 and she's single now she find her man and also here in Canada as contract worker they are planning to get married soon, here some of her question:

1. After married she want to change her status
2. She want to apply her husband for permanent resident as spousal

Please thanks in advance

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
me_anne08 said:
Can somebody help my friend please she is already permanent resident 2013 and she's single now she find her man and also here in Canada as contract worker they are planning to get married soon, here some of her question:

1. After married she want to change her status
2. She want to apply her husband for permanent resident as spousal

Please thanks in advance
What are your questions?

me_anne08

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AINP office (edmonton alberta)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2012
Nomination.....
23-05-2012 nomination apprpved with AINP Certificate
AOR Received.
30-08-2012
File Transfer...
NOVA SCOTIA (for PR app. under PNP) App.filled:June 8,2012 File no. Received: July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
10-15-2012
Passport Req..
05-27-2013
LANDED..........
14-07-13
tink23 said:
What are your questions?
I'm sorry my question is how can she change her status from single to married and how can she sponsor her husband as permanent resident please and thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
me_anne08 said:
I'm sorry my question is how can she change her status from single to married and how can she sponsor her husband as permanent resident please and thanks
She can call CRA and have them change her status from single to married. There isn't really much she will have to do for that. If she has life insurance, etc she can add her spouse to that.

To sponsor her spouse to Canada she will have to start here at this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

There is all the information. She will have a lot of reading to do. She would probably do well to sign up for an account of here so she can ask more specific questions as they come. To sponsor her spouse she will mainly have to prove that their relationship is genuine.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
just to note, i am not sure if the same timeframe is true for non-us citizsens being processed through ottawa. though, i don't think it'll be significantly longer...
Cool thanks!
Hate to ask you this...but do you have a link to the Ottawa thread?weve both been looking for it and can't seem to find it?
Thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KarlR said:
Cool thanks!
Hate to ask you this...but do you have a link to the Ottawa thread?weve both been looking for it and can't seem to find it?
Thanks!
here you go...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.5640.html

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
here you go...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.5640.html

Cool!thanks! :)

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi all,

Question regarding providing evidence: I have completed my paperwork as the principal applicant and my wife (who is sponsoring me) has completed her equivalent forms. I noticed that she answered the Sponsorship Questionnaire form and despite the form being similar to my Questionnaire form, there was no opportunity for her to provide evidence alongside the form. I have prepared a good amount of evidence, however, but I am wondering as to whether it matters that all of the evidence is from myself? Might be a stupid question, but keen to hear from people who are successful whether this is an issue at all.

Many Thanks in advance!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
BlueOwl said:
Hi all,

Question regarding providing evidence: I have completed my paperwork as the principal applicant and my wife (who is sponsoring me) has completed her equivalent forms. I noticed that she answered the Sponsorship Questionnaire form and despite the form being similar to my Questionnaire form, there was no opportunity for her to provide evidence alongside the form. I have prepared a good amount of evidence, however, but I am wondering as to whether it matters that all of the evidence is from myself? Might be a stupid question, but keen to hear from people who are successful whether this is an issue at all.

Many Thanks in advance!
They look at all the evidence as a whole in one application. It is not split up. As long as you have photos, communication proof, rental properties (if lived together), bank accounts, whatever you gave to prove your relationship is genuine, it doesn't matter if you or your wife added it to the application, as long as it is there.

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
can anyone tell me how to email cic with a question about an outland application? I can't find where to send it to on their website

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Caroline T. said:
can anyone tell me how to email cic with a question about an outland application? I can't find where to send it to on their website
Send a "Case Specific Enquiry" to the Visa Office that is processing your application. For Ottawa, you can try email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca instead. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Hey guys and gals,

Question:
For some reason this info slipped past me when we filed for spousal back in Jan. 2014. I've noticed a lot more tidbits pop up about needing to show strong ties to your country of legal residence (kinda nuts if you ask me... i mean, almost all of us are moving our entire physical lives to Canada to be with our spouse, the heck is the point of showing strong ties to your native land? Someone enlighten me...).

All my strong ties are back in NYC, where I don't have legal residence anymore. My ties to Croatia are pretty much my passport and dad... that's about it. My dad is in Croatia right now and has property, but that's his. I have nothing to tie me to Croatia. No history, nada. My dad asked if he should put a piece of land on my name, or half the house or the entire house if need be. Is this even necessary?
If our case fails for some ridiculous reason, we won't be moving to Croatia that's for sure. Neither my husband nor I speak the language well enough, we don't know anyone here, he has only one aunt here who moved back from Canada ages ago. Our Plan B is to go to Australia or England (English speaking countries) and we have relatives there who said to come on over if sh*** hits the fan and would need to appeal. It's easier on the heart and mind to physically be with your spouse during such times, and able to work/live normally together for another year while we appeal the negative decision, if it comes down to that. (YOU GOTTA BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING.)
So, do I need to provide proof of 'roots' in Croatia? Is there a point? Overall, my ONLY root here is my dad. That's it.

Thanks for the help!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
b4roness said:
Hey guys and gals,

Question:
For some reason this info slipped past me when we filed for spousal back in Jan. 2014. I've noticed a lot more tidbits pop up about needing to show strong ties to your country of legal residence (kinda nuts if you ask me... i mean, almost all of us are moving our entire physical lives to Canada to be with our spouse, the heck is the point of showing strong ties to your native land? Someone enlighten me...).

All my strong ties are back in NYC, where I don't have legal residence anymore. My ties to Croatia are pretty much my passport and dad... that's about it. My dad is in Croatia right now and has property, but that's his. I have nothing to tie me to Croatia. No history, nada. My dad asked if he should put a piece of land on my name, or half the house or the entire house if need be. Is this even necessary?
If our case fails for some ridiculous reason, we won't be moving to Croatia that's for sure. Neither my husband nor I speak the language well enough, we don't know anyone here, he has only one aunt here who moved back from Canada ages ago. Our Plan B is to go to Australia or England (English speaking countries) and we have relatives there who said to come on over if sh*** hits the fan and would need to appeal. It's easier on the heart and mind to physically be with your spouse during such times, and able to work/live normally together for another year while we appeal the negative decision, if it comes down to that. (YOU GOTTA BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING.)
So, do I need to provide proof of 'roots' in Croatia? Is there a point? Overall, my ONLY root here is my dad. That's it.

Thanks for the help!
I think the parts you are reading in regards to strong ties to your home land are ONLY in regards to obtaining a visitor visa before you are given PR. I haven't heard of anything in the vein of needing strong ties to homeland to gain the PR. I think you will be just fine.

zainab.shah

Aug 17, 2014
Hello everyone
I am stuck in a very difficult situation and i definitely need some suggestions and right information.
I am a canadian citizen by descent living in pakistan, my father is a naturalized canadian citizen(currently living in pakistan but he visits canada frequently) and at the time of my birth he was a naturalized citizen so i am a canadian citizen by descent and i have recently applied for the proof of my citizenship and the process is supposed to be completed in 8-11 months. The problem is that i will be getting married in an year and my fiance is a Pakistan national, both of us have to move to canada immediately after getting married my question is that being a canadian citizen by descent i never went to canada, would that be possible that i apply for his PR from within pakistan without going to canada?

Secondly according to immigration website his PR process will take 3 years to get processed but i cannot go and live in canada alone for 3 years, kindly suggest is there any way that i can take him along with me right after our marriage to canada on a multiple entry visa while his PR gets processed?

moreover what would be more better and quicker to apply for his PR, from canada or from pakistan? Which would be the quickest way and kindly suggest that if there is any alternative way by which i can take him with me to canada and he stays with me while his PR gets processed?