16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Alurra71 said:
I think the parts you are reading in regards to strong ties to your home land are ONLY in regards to obtaining a visitor visa before you are given PR. I haven't heard of anything in the vein of needing strong ties to homeland to gain the PR. I think you will be just fine.
That's awesome =D
Thanks!!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zainab.shah said:
The problem is that i will be getting married in an year and my fiance is a Pakistan national, both of us have to move to canada immediately after getting married my question is that being a canadian citizen by descent i never went to canada, would that be possible that i apply for his PR from within pakistan without going to canada?
It doesn't matter how you get citizenship, any Canadian citizen can live abroad during the spousal sponsorship process. So once you have your citizenship documents, you can apply for him while living in Pakistan.

The hard part for you will be proving your intent to return and settle in Canada after he gets PR. Since you have never lived in Canada before, you have no ties here. If CIC doesn't believe you intend to return to Canada, it could cause delays in the application.

Secondly according to immigration website his PR process will take 3 years to get processed but i cannot go and live in canada alone for 3 years, kindly suggest is there any way that i can take him along with me right after our marriage to canada on a multiple entry visa while his PR gets processed?
If you want to go to Canada after marriage, he will need to apply for a TRV. There is a very high chance though this would be rejected, if CIC feels he has no intention to return after it expires. He'll need to show strong ties to Pakistan that will cause him to return.

moreover what would be more better and quicker to apply for his PR, from canada or from pakistan? Which would be the quickest way and kindly suggest that if there is any alternative way by which i can take him with me to canada and he stays with me while his PR gets processed?
In your case, INLAND is probably the better way as it guarantees you'll stay together in Canada during entire processing. HOWEVER first he will need to get a TRV approved to just come to Canada as a visitor. If he can't get a TRV, you can't apply inland and must apply outland. Getting a TRV becomes harder after you get married.

zainab.shah

Aug 17, 2014
Rob_TO said:
It doesn't matter how you get citizenship, any Canadian citizen can live abroad during the spousal sponsorship process. So once you have your citizenship documents, you can apply for him while living in Pakistan.

The hard part for you will be proving your intent to return and settle in Canada after he gets PR. Since you have never lived in Canada before, you have no ties here. If CIC doesn't believe you intend to return to Canada, it could cause delays in the application.

If you want to go to Canada after marriage, he will need to apply for a TRV. There is a very high chance though this would be rejected, if CIC feels he has no intention to return after it expires. He'll need to show strong ties to Pakistan that will cause him to return.

In your case, INLAND is probably the better way as it guarantees you'll stay together in Canada during entire processing. HOWEVER first he will need to get a TRV approved to just come to Canada as a visitor. If he can't get a TRV, you can't apply inland and must apply outland. Getting a TRV becomes harder after you get married.
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have my entire family settled in canada almost all of my father's relatives are in canada and they can provide financial statements to support our couple but is there any alternative way to get a TRV(before or after our marriage) for because it takes the longest time in pakistan for PR processing and i am not in a state to wait for such a long period of time and what should we do to get a TRV for him ?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
zainab.shah said:
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have my entire family settled in canada almost all of my father's relatives are in canada and they can provide financial statements to support our couple but is there any alternative way to get a TRV(before or after our marriage) for because it takes the longest time in pakistan for PR processing and i am not in a state to wait for such a long period of time and what should we do to get a TRV for him ?
For him to get a TRV he will have to show strong ties to Pakistan. Property, a job, bank account with money, etc. It's not really up to you. It is up to him to prove that he is connected to Pakistan.
He can state that he will be staying with you or your family while he is in Canada and therefor his accommodations will be paid for. It is quite the feat to prove, especially since they know processing times in Pakistan are very very long, and living conditions not always desirable, so many people want the TRV. It is worth a try and hopefully he is able to get one.

zainab.shah

Aug 17, 2014
tink23 said:
For him to get a TRV he will have to show strong ties to Pakistan. Property, a job, bank account with money, etc. It's not really up to you. It is up to him to prove that he is connected to Pakistan.
He can state that he will be staying with you or your family while he is in Canada and therefor his accommodations will be paid for. It is quite the feat to prove, especially since they know processing times in Pakistan are very very long, and living conditions not always desirable, so many people want the TRV. It is worth a try and hopefully he is able to get one.
Thank you very much for your suggestions, Great Help indeed :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
zainab.shah said:
Thank you very much for your suggestions, Great Help indeed :)
No problem. Good luck with it all.

Here is a TRV thread dedicated to those from Pakistan. I haven't read it, but I'm sure you will get more ideas of how to submit the application and what to submit. There will be plenty of denial stories in there, but hopfully some successful ones as well.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-pakistanis-join-this-thread-t149265.0.html

ayeshak

Aug 17, 2014
i had a question in relation to the above post. My spouse too is a PR and needs to apply for a spouse visa for me. Currently i have a tourist visa that expires in April 2015. If i apply for spouse visa inland, then will i get an extension on my tourist visa to stay with him? Also can i leave the country in between or would i have to stay in Canada for the duration?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ayeshak said:
i had a question in relation to the above post. My spouse too is a PR and needs to apply for a spouse visa for me. Currently i have a tourist visa that expires in April 2015. If i apply for spouse visa inland, then will i get an extension on my tourist visa to stay with him? Also can i leave the country in between or would i have to stay in Canada for the duration?
You get implied status for your visitor status when you apply inland and put in a work permit request (which is granted when first stage sponsor approval, about 12 months in).

When you apply inland, you can not leave the country. If you leave the country you risk having your application deemed abandoned and it will be denied. So if the application takes 2 years to be approved in full, you can't leave Canada until then, no matter what your personal situation may be (sick parent, etc).

Which visa office are you under? Most visa offices it is better is better to apply Outland. You can still come as a visitor during that time, but you won't get implied status and so you will have to ask for a visitor extension when your visa is going to expire. However, you can leave the country during your wait. Usually this is the better option for most visa offices, since the processing time is much quicker than inland.

zainab.shah

Aug 17, 2014
tink23 said:
No problem. Good luck with it all.

Here is a TRV thread dedicated to those from Pakistan. I haven't read it, but I'm sure you will get more ideas of how to submit the application and what to submit. There will be plenty of denial stories in there, but hopfully some successful ones as well.
Thank you again for sending the thread,I have read a lot of cases and stories regarding the TRV issue for the spouse but unfortunately nobody on the thread responded me with some helpful info.I recently talked to a consultant regarding our issue and he told me that I can appeal for my husband's TRV in the Canadian consulate that I need an urgent visa for him and being a canadian citizen I have a right to live with my family but I am not satisfied by his statement and I really want to know that if there is any alternative way to speed up his process of sponsorship or to get a visit visa for him for sure as the consultants here in Pakistan usually charge a large amount from their clients and then they create some special circumstances before the visa officer and during past few years 2 of my friends got married to foriegn citizens and they got their TRV within months to live with their husbands but still I am confused with his statement and the info on immigration website. I really want to know if there are special cases and appeals to get your spouse with you to Canada.

tejvir123456

Aug 13, 2014
Hii guys

I am an international student on my work permit after my studiesand my gf is canadian citizen.

We have decided to get married soon so that we can get settled and I can get my PR aswell.

Cna anyone tell me how do i go about PR process and what all documents would i need to file my PR????

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
zainab.shah said:
Thank you again for sending the thread,I have read a lot of cases and stories regarding the TRV issue for the spouse but unfortunately nobody on the thread responded me with some helpful info.I recently talked to a consultant regarding our issue and he told me that I can appeal for my husband's TRV in the Canadian consulate that I need an urgent visa for him and being a canadian citizen I have a right to live with my family but I am not satisfied by his statement and I really want to know that if there is any alternative way to speed up his process of sponsorship or to get a visit visa for him for sure as the consultants here in Pakistan usually charge a large amount from their clients and then they create some special circumstances before the visa officer and during past few years 2 of my friends got married to foriegn citizens and they got their TRV within months to live with their husbands but still I am confused with his statement and the info on immigration website. I really want to know if there are special cases and appeals to get your spouse with you to Canada.
I have never heard that before, so I think that might be a corrupt consultant trying to get your business by telling you what he thinks you want to hear. I would be weary of this.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
zainab.shah said:
i agree with tink, this guy sounds like a scammer and just trying to tell you something so you'll pay him. there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY CIC would EVER expidite a TRV, let alone a PR application just because a family is not living together. EVERY outland applicant is living apart from their spouse. if they are not apart, then the applicant has been approved to be a visitor in canada or their spouse is living with them in their country. families being separated it is not a concern to cic. AT ALL. Even those claiming refugee status have to go through the motions, so no there are no "special circumstances" for getting approved quicker. i'm afraid you are being lied to and scammed.

While it may not take long to get a TRV, it certainly does take some time to get approved as a PR. IF you want to try for a TRV, then go for it. There is nothing stopping you. I'd just suggest not paying this "consultant" to do it for you.

ayeshak

Aug 17, 2014
tink23 said:
You get implied status for your visitor status when you apply inland and put in a work permit request (which is granted when first stage sponsor approval, about 12 months in).

When you apply inland, you can not leave the country. If you leave the country you risk having your application deemed abandoned and it will be denied. So if the application takes 2 years to be approved in full, you can't leave Canada until then, no matter what your personal situation may be (sick parent, etc).

Which visa office are you under? Most visa offices it is better is better to apply Outland. You can still come as a visitor during that time, but you won't get implied status and so you will have to ask for a visitor extension when your visa is going to expire. However, you can leave the country during your wait. Usually this is the better option for most visa offices, since the processing time is much quicker than inland.
Thank you. I will be applying from the New Delhi office. it takes about 13 months to process from here. My only worry was that i would not be able to travel on a tourist visa for the duration of my application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ayeshak said:
Thank you. I will be applying from the New Delhi office. it takes about 13 months to process from here. My only worry was that i would not be able to travel on a tourist visa for the duration of my application.
If you are applying inland, your application will not be processed through ND - it will be processed through Mississauga. It will only be processed through ND if you apply outland.

Yes - typically you should not travel if you are applying inland.

If you want the flexibility to travel, you should apply outland.

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 ; Sent June 29, 2014; Decision Made- Aug. 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 7, 2014 Received Visa: August 16,2014
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
just a quick question.. :)
where can i find my visa number in my VISA.. need your help. ASAP.. :)