+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Assistance Check for Sponsor

jadedja

Sep 24, 2018
I too have my appication held up by a social assistance check initiated Nov 4 2020 and no updates since.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
so how can I know if they have requested social assistance check ? I mean is there any way to find out I have placed an order for notes and waiting. Just received AOR on April 28 2021 but still haven’t received any SA,BIL,Med so I think they have requested social assistance check. Please let me know which department should we call in Alberta to check if they have received any request from IRCC
You can only know after you receive your GCMS notes. You can contact Ministry of Community and Social Services.
https://www.alberta.ca/community-and-social-services.aspx

abhishek17

May 7, 2021
I have received my notes today it shows social Assistance check initiated. So I have sent email to ministry of welfare. Could you please guide if I have sent to right department as its been a month and they are still waiting for the results. Thank you so much and please let me know how can I make this process but faster if possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have received my notes today it shows social Assistance check initiated. So I have sent email to ministry of welfare. Could you please guide if I have sent to right department as its been a month and they are still waiting for the results. Thank you so much and please let me know how can I make this process but faster if possible.
None of these checks are immediate. If it takes multiple months then you you can try to intervene. The social insurance checks are likely not done everyday and may be done in bulk on a certain day.

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Hi when did you apply? And when did you get AOR1?

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
March 18 2021

aor 1 on April 28
Send email to all the email addresses on the link. I did this and was contacted by someone from my local office. They also called me to confirm they have responded to IRCC. I got biometrics letter yesterday barely 12hrs after the call. No SA yet but you don't get biometrics letter if sponsor is not approved.

abhishek17

May 7, 2021
Yes I have done the same thing and I was also contacted and confirmed they have sent proper paper work to IRCC and I have received my BIL Letter and waiting for SA. Thank you so much for your kind reply :)

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
Could someone please provide me the email for ministry of welfare for BC and Ontario?
They have requested a social assistance for me.

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
Hi!
Is there any document/authority that can prove that the sponsor has not availed social assistance/EI? (For Ontario)
Our file is undergoing social assistance check, but there has been no movement on the file since more than 2 months now. So we are looking to proactively submit some proof that we've not availed any social assistance.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
@Avani15 Did you find any information on the social assistance check in Ontario ?I am unemployed at the time i submitted my outland application and expecting a social assistance check in Ontario