+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Assistance Check for Sponsor

frange

May 25, 2018
I can't really say, obviously...but when we apply we submit our NOA and letter from employer... I would think that's pretty solid that you don't receive SA. If you are receiving SA, I believe there is a line item for that on taxes?
Yes, they do check the income parts, if they see social assistance, they check the province to have the social assistance history of the sponsor. Not be on social assistance is one the of the sponsorship requirements.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, they do check the income parts, if they see social assistance, they check the province to have the social assistance history of the sponsor. Not be on social assistance is one the of the sponsorship requirements.
Right, that's what I'm saying... but if it doesn't show on your NOA that you received... what's the point of checking...unless they do random file checks. I doubt they check all applicants for SA if it's not on NOA and they have an official employment letter.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I’m speechless to be honest. I read a lot of bad things about IRCC, but I couldn’t imagine -even in my worst nightmare- that someone can get his AOR while being from March 2021. If it was not for my wife, I would never come to this country. I hate this country so much. They’re unfair.
But love is love.
You made your choice and no one said it was fair.
IRCC is overloaded with the sheer volume of applications and this has a lot to do with the covid crisis. I would expect things to
take longer especially for some areas that seem to be scrutinized more due to past history. We don't want people that ' hate' this
country, that usually leads to unfortunate circumstances.

Reactions: cjr

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, do you know if IRCC conducts a social assistance check from the concerned province for every sponsor, or is there something in the sponsor's history that triggers this check? I see some people getting SA within a few days of getting AOR while for some it takes months. I am wondering if the social assistance check delays SA for some files?
Everyone goes through a social assistance check

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Right, that's what I'm saying... but if it doesn't show on your NOA that you received... what's the point of checking...unless they do random file checks. I doubt they check all applicants for SA if it's not on NOA and they have an official employment letter.
Yes they check everyone

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
You made your choice and no one said it was fair.
IRCC is overloaded with the sheer volume of applications and this has a lot to do with the covid crisis. I would expect things to
take longer especially for some areas that seem to be scrutinized more due to past history. We don't want people that ' hate' this
country, that usually leads to unfortunate circumstances.
First come, first served, is it something normal for your country ?!

The French administration is much better than yours, by far, because we’ve a concept called “transparency”, “efficiency”, and respect.
Now, if you like that much IRCC, good for you.
I’m not going to talk to you anymore. Have a little bit of empathy with us who are really suffering.
I was just asking a little bit of respect. First come, first served, is it that hard ?

Perhaps I was a little bit harsh by using the word country, but IRCC is a part of this system that, apparently, you like a lot.

Reactions: expatgoingback

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
First come, first served, is it something normal for your country ?!

The French administration is much better than yours, by far, because we’ve a concept called “transparency”, “efficiency”, and respect.
Now, if you like that much IRCC, good for you.
I’m not going to talk to you anymore. Have a little bit of empathy with us who are really suffering.
I was just asking a little bit of respect. First come, first served, is it that hard ?

Perhaps I was a little bit harsh by using the word country, but IRCC is a part of this system that, apparently, you like a lot.
I think IRCC would come a long way if they were transparent. It would make a world of difference.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Congrats! That was a long wait. I see some applicants getting SAs within days of AOR while for some it takes months. Not sure if files are randomly selected for a social assistance check from the province or if that is a standard/mandatory requirement. If it were mandatory how come some people get SA a few days within AOR or even on the same day! We're March 2020 applicants still waiting for SA!! Called IRCC and the agent said everything looks good, just have to wait...did you contact IRCC while waiting for SA, did the agent tell you that they were running a social assistance check, or did you order your GCMS notes to find out?
Yes It was long wait because IRCC requested Social assistance check for me. It was for 2 province Ontario and Alberta. My SA was delayed due to this.
Yes I found out about this from GCMS notes. Alberta is very slow in responding so if you lived in Alberta or currently living then send me DM and I will guide you to make it faster.

Its been a year for you and you did not receive SA yet ?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Yes It was long wait because IRCC requested Social assistance check for me. It was for 2 province Ontario and Alberta. My SA was delayed due to this.
Yes I found out about this from GCMS notes. Alberta is very slow in responding so if you lived in Alberta or currently living then send me DM and I will guide you to make it faster.

Its been a year for you and you did not receive SA yet ?
Our application was misplaced in Sydney, NS by IRCC for several months, they told us to reapply and miraculously found it a year later in Feb 2021 so all we have right now is AOR. The sponsor has been in Canada for the last 10 years and has lived in various provinces, one of them being Alberta. When I called IRCC, the agent said a social assistance check had not been initiated for the file. I'll DM you about it, thanks!

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Everyone goes through a social assistance check
I see, thank you, I am just wondering why it takes several months for some sponsors and a few days for others if the information is coming from the province itself. I have seen so many applicants receive SA within the same day as AOR or within a couple of days. We are still waiting for SA and our app was received on March 25, 2020...the agent we spoke to said a social assistance check had not been initiated for the file...

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
I am a march 2020 applicant and have still not received SA. According to the GCMS notes, a social assistance check was done last year and no results were found. Does that mean that the social assistance check is complete ?

frange

May 25, 2018
I am a march 2020 applicant and have still not received SA. According to the GCMS notes, a social assistance check was done last year and no results were found. Does that mean that the social assistance check is complete ?
Which program did you apply? Spouse or common law partner?

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
9 april outland sponsorship applicant
AOR 24 oct.2020
No Medical
Call local MP, he said they are still checking my wife eligibility for sponsorship and take 3 more months
SA - in process
It means they are checking social assistance
My wife received CERB for very shorter period of time during pandemic last year

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
9 april outland sponsorship applicant
AOR 24 oct.2020
No Medical
Call local MP, he said they are still checking my wife eligibility for sponsorship and take 3 more months
SA - in process
It means they are checking social assistance
My wife received CERB for very shorter period of time during pandemic last year
Which province ?