Social Assistance Check for Sponsor

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello

This is my time-line
Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application

App Received at Sydney : 5 June 2020
AOR : 27th Oct 2020.

I am really scared about my application because after AOR there is no update.

No Biometrics No Medical.

I have ordered GCMS notes and from there I know that they have requested Social Assistance Check from Alberta on 11 Nov 2020 and from Ontario on 7th Jan 2021.

Does anyone know how much time it take for Social assistance check ?

Any suggestions to speed up social assistance check ?

Many people got Sponsor Approval Biometrics Medical within 1-2 week of AOR but I am still waiting for any update
Some applicants from June have their Passport with COPR and My application is still in process for background check of Sponsor.

Thank you so much in advance

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Where you receiving assistance? And also it takes awhile. My sa and bil and medical were roughly six weeks after aor.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hello

This is my time-line

I have ordered GCMS notes and from there I know that they have requested Social Assistance Check from Alberta on 11 Nov 2020 and from Ontario on 7th Jan 2021.

Many people got Sponsor Approval Biometrics Medical within 1-2 week of AOR but I am still waiting for any update
Some applicants from June have their Passport with COPR and My application is still in process for background check of Sponsor.

In my case, social assistance check took four weeks as per GCMS notes. That was back in Dec 2019.

Reactions: NaineshPatel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

This is my time-line

There are very few people who have COPR and applied in June 2020. Most have processing times similar to you.