+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Assistance Check for Sponsor

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
9 april outland sponsorship applicant
AOR 24 oct.2020
No Medical
Call local MP, he said they are still checking my wife eligibility for sponsorship and take 3 more months
SA - in process
It means they are checking social assistance
My wife received CERB for very shorter period of time during pandemic last year
Wow still three months? Why is it taking them so long! Did the MP tell you that it'll take three months?
In January the information we got from the MP was that SA is complete and eligibility for the principal applicant is being done. According to the information we got two days ago, SA is under process and Principal Applicant's eligibility will start after SA. My husband never took any social assistance or CERB. GCMS notes say that medical was sent and we have not submitted it yet but according to MP's note medical has not been requested yet. I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Wow still three months? Why is it taking them so long! Did the MP tell you that it'll take three months?
In January the information we got from the MP was that SA is complete and eligibility for the principal applicant is being done. According to the information we got two days ago, SA is under process and Principal Applicant's eligibility will start after SA. My husband never took any social assistance or CERB. GCMS notes say that medical was sent and we have not submitted it yet but according to MP's note medical has not been requested yet. I don't know what to believe in anymore.
It means we should not believe on MP statement.
We are also going to order gcms notes now.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
For SA you should check your application status.
For Medical, sign in with gckey.

Reactions: bobosee

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Did you live in any other province ?

You can contact Ministry of Welfare in BC and send them an e-mail.
I have same situation and I got SA within few weeks of contacting them so its better to contact Ministry ASAP and they will help you.
If you lived in Alberta then contact me I have some info for it.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Did you live in any other province ?

You can contact Ministry of Welfare in BC and send them an e-mail.
I have same situation and I got SA within few weeks of contacting them so its better to contact Ministry ASAP and they will help you.
If you lived in Alberta then contact me I have some info for it.
From starting, my wife lived in one province only.

Reactions: NaineshPatel

abhishek17

May 7, 2021
Hi I am in Alberta can you please guide me how can I contact welfare department in Alberta looks like my application will go for social assistance check.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hi I am in Alberta can you please guide me how can I contact welfare department in Alberta looks like my application will go for social assistance check.
You can not contact them before IRCC start social assistance check.
If you contact Ministry of welfare then you cant say them that IRCC will start social assistance check. So its better to wait until you get confirmation that they have requested Social assistance check

abhishek17

May 7, 2021
If you contact Ministry of welfare then you cant say them that IRCC will start social assistance check. So its better to wait until you get confirmation that they have requested Social assistance check
so how can I know if they have requested social assistance check ? I mean is there any way to find out I have placed an order for notes and waiting. Just received AOR on April 28 2021 but still haven’t received any SA,BIL,Med so I think they have requested social assistance check. Please let me know which department should we call in Alberta to check if they have received any request from IRCC

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
so how can I know if they have requested social assistance check ? I mean is there any way to find out I have placed an order for notes and waiting. Just received AOR on April 28 2021 but still haven’t received any SA,BIL,Med so I think they have requested social assistance check. Please let me know which department should we call in Alberta to check if they have received any request from IRCC
That check is a small part of the process and it is nothing to worry about if you aren't collecting welfare.

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Can you please let me know how to fast track the social assistance request. I lived in manitoba for a year, and then 3 years now in Alberta. Called IRCC and they said I will be getting a social services request form in the mail. Is this normal or a misinformation?