+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Assistance Check for Sponsor

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
@Avani15 Did you find any information on the social assistance check in Ontario ?I am unemployed at the time i submitted my outland application and expecting a social assistance check in Ontario
We did write to the ministry office, they replied within 15 days about the status of their reply to the query raised by IRCC. Nothing more than that.
I believe if you are taking EI that is not considered as Social assistance but anything else is and while you're trying to sponsor someone it is mandatory that you're not on social assistance.

nikkic121

May 17, 2021
Yes It was long wait because IRCC requested Social assistance check for me. It was for 2 province Ontario and Alberta. My SA was delayed due to this.
Yes I found out about this from GCMS notes. Alberta is very slow in responding so if you lived in Alberta or currently living then send me DM and I will guide you to make it faster.

Its been a year for you and you did not receive SA yet ?
Can someone assist me for what is to be done when Social assistance check is in progress(Ontario province)? My GCMS notes say the Results of social assistance check are still pending.

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
Can someone assist me for what is to be done when Social assistance check is in progress(Ontario province)? My GCMS notes say the Results of social assistance check are still pending.
Thanks Nainesh! It hasn't been a year but about 8 months now. The sponsor is a resident of Ontario and IRCC has received the reply from the province back in November but there has been no progress

Aern

Dec 3, 2021
Yes It was long wait because IRCC requested Social assistance check for me. It was for 2 province Ontario and Alberta. My SA was delayed due to this.
Yes I found out about this from GCMS notes. Alberta is very slow in responding so if you lived in Alberta or currently living then send me DM and I will guide you to make it faster.

Its been a year for you and you did not receive SA yet ?
Could you please guide me. I live in Alberta

frange

May 25, 2018
We did write to the ministry office, they replied within 15 days about the status of their reply to the query raised by IRCC. Nothing more than that.
I believe if you are taking EI that is not considered as Social assistance but anything else is and while you're trying to sponsor someone it is mandatory that you're not on social assistance.
Please, could you guide me on how you contacted Ontario about social check?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please, could you guide me on how you contacted Ontario about social check?
Have you ordered GCMS notes and seen that your file has been stuck for a long period of time waiting to make sure you have not received social assistance?

bluebird12345

Feb 22, 2022
Everyone goes through a social assistance check
Hello, do you know if I can request a social assistance check? So that I can make sure if I have not received any before I start to apply? Coz the definition of social assistance is not clear for many services. Thanks!

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Hello, do you know if I can request a social assistance check? So that I can make sure if I have not received any before I start to apply? Coz the definition of social assistance is not clear for many services. Thanks!
You don't need to worry about social assistance check request to your province if you submit your T4 with apication. There's a line on T4 that shows them if you likely had assistance or not.

Reactions: Swappy

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
hi everyone
i came to know officer sended social assitance request
i lived in ontario only since i came to canada

please reply if someone know what should i do to make it faster ... i am not unemployed but i had part time job whn i submtted file but now i have full time job ... please provide any link for contacting someone to clear this

frange

May 25, 2018
hi everyone

[/QUOTE]

How did you know that since I have the same concern?
Sorry i can't help you for you question.

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Yes I have done the same thing and I was also contacted and confirmed they have sent proper paper work to IRCC and I have received my BIL Letter and waiting for SA. Thank you so much for your kind reply :)
hi abhishek
pleas reply if you can
i also contacted ministry and got reply that they have sended the information to ircc on 20 july but i contacted them(ministry) on 26 July ?? what date they provided in email ... it was the date you contacted ministry or the date of actual ircc requested social assistance check ?
please reply me

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
hi everyone
How did you know that since I have the same concern?
Sorry i can't help you for you question.
[/QUOTE]
i called ircc and agent told me

harman___

Sep 21, 2011
Hello
My pr tracker showing they sent a message on April 6. Got aor on March 31
I called ircc , first agent told me they sent a letter to me , after few days I called again another agent told letter is not sent to me it is for someone else . It's a social assistance check for all province I have lived in that i havnt default . I lived in Ontario only . Please advise what can I do to make things faster . Please advise anyone

Mrslodhi

Sep 24, 2014
Could someone please provide me the email for ministry of welfare for BC and Ontario?
They have requested a social assistance for me.
Hey did you find out who to contact please tell me if social assistance check initiated for ontario and did you receive approval?

Mrslodhi

Sep 24, 2014
Hi!
Is there any document/authority that can prove that the sponsor has not availed social assistance/EI? (For Ontario)
Our file is undergoing social assistance check, but there has been no movement on the file since more than 2 months now. So we are looking to proactively submit some proof that we've not availed any social assistance.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Hey pls tell me were you able to contact them and when did you receive sponsor approval after how long then?? I am in the same boat please help