+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scarbrough office is much faster and efficient, they are Sending ppl oath invite and mississauga office is useless
Its not always the case unfortunately. Historically SCR office has been quite slow and inconsistent. On one hand they are processing 2021 applications within 6 months; A colleague of mine who is a May 2021 applicant got oath scheduled for May 2022 whereas people like me are waiting for the test or DM for over 15 months. If they are fast now, I would assume they are rushing to meet some internal target before year end.

dbentley1313

Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Took my Oath of Citizenship today! 62 people from 21 countries all becoming new Canadians. I may have teared up a bit while singing the anthem…
The process was all very quick!
Good luck to all of you here…

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
It FINALLY happened! I got my test invite on 01/12/2021. Test dates are from 02/12 to 21/12.
I also emailed them advising I am abroad currently and they responded within 12 hours advising to proceed with test when I'm ready!
Good for you! Congrats!

As I read your post, I got reminded of a similar question I had asked back in May
I plan to leave Canada for an extended period of time. I need to know what are the various stages I should be expecting from now on, and which of those could be performed remotely/online. This will help me plan my absence accordingly.
To which I had received the following responses

By @novascotia27
So far, test, interviews and Oath are done online and you must be physically present in Canada.
and By @rajkamalmohanram
You can't take the test or oath from outside Canada. You'll have to be physically present in Canada for both the test and oath.
Had I known that I could give the test from outside Canada, it would have saved me a lot of personal distress.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
congrats. seems like Ssauga office issuing oath invites again after some gap. Hope everyone in queue find patience and get their turn soon.
and here I am still waiting for DM after passing my test 6 months ago....FML.

This is so frustrating...I've requested GCMS notes twice in this process and never received anything back either time, either. Feels like everything I've sent since passing my test last June just gets thrown into a black hole.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
MaryC any response???
Good luck!

I got a response within 20 minutes - that too at around 3:00 pm.
This is what I got. Nothing else yet.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to an online test or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an online test‎ (with documentary evidence). To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any requests received other than for an online test or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.

Please note that there is no need to schedule an appointment to take the online test as long as your invitation is active.

If you are experiencing technical issues before accessing the online test, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca as well.

For any specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Thank you"

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This is so frustrating...I've requested GCMS notes twice in this process and never received anything back either time, either. Feels like everything I've sent since passing my test last June just gets thrown into a black hole.
Wish we had applied in 2021, our applications would have been processed in 6 months. 2021 guys are already scheduled for oath. Pandemic applicants were the unfortunate ones looks like

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

Same here. 4 months since test passed and no DM. :(

• Sad
Reactions: MaryC

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Had I known that I could give the test from outside Canada, it would have saved me a lot of personal distress.
When I responded to the post that you've quoted, there was no option of taking test outside Canada. This was a relatively recent development (the official word from IRCC about this came on July 15th, 2021 if I am not wrong). My post that you've quoted is from May 6th, 2021 so it is obvious why I said that; it wasn't possible to take test abroad in May. The post from @novascotia27 you quoted, that was from May 4th, 2021; Again, the option to take test abroad wasn't available in May. At first, I have seen so many applicants that were outside Canada and they had to reschedule their tests because they were not in the country.

Initially, there was no update on the IRCC website but some people received an email from their local office telling them they can take the test outside Canada when the applicant emailed the office telling them they were outside Canada. After about a couple of weeks or so with this practice, IRCC did update their website with relevant information that suggested that the applicants can take the test outside Canada.

So, if you received your test invite before July, it was NOT possible to take test abroad at that time.

PS: I also updated many threads with the official information as soon as it hit the IRCC website. This was on Jul 15th, 2021. The below are all the threads I updated when the official information came out on the IRCC site.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-take-test-from-outside-canada.737937/post-9550038

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-online-test-currently-outside-canada.736515/post-9550036

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test-completed-waiting-for-next-steps.716627/post-9550033

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test.711775/post-9550030

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-from-outside-canada.736512/post-9550028

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9550027

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
This is what I got. Nothing else yet.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to an online test or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an online test‎ (with documentary evidence). To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any requests received other than for an online test or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.

Please note that there is no need to schedule an appointment to take the online test as long as your invitation is active.

If you are experiencing technical issues before accessing the online test, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca as well.

For any specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Thank you"
I guess that the Montreal office operates differently, then. Mississauga was gracious enough to respond - though they did not respond with anything tangible.

Reactions: MaryC