+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we take test from outside Canada ?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

i saw a few people on this forum and from fb who took the test from outside Canada so is it possible now ?
But it’s not consistent , there are still people receiving letters saying “ you must be inside Canada” so I’m confused !
Thank you very much for your help!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

i saw a few people on this forum and from fb who took the test from outside Canada so is it possible now ?
But it’s not consistent , there are still people receiving letters saying “ you must be inside Canada” so I’m confused !
Thank you very much for your help!
You already raised questions multiple times in other threads and got answers. Not sure why you need new thread for the same questions.
We cant make cic to send consistent information. You should simply wait for your test invite and email your office to seek permission. Forum cannot anyway guarantee anything as its the cic at the end decides.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You already raised questions multiple times in other threads and got answers. Not sure why you need new thread for the same questions.
We cant make cic to send consistent information. You should simply wait for your test invite and email your office to seek permission. Forum cannot anyway guarantee anything as its the cic at the end decides.
Agreed. I have answered several of the OP's questions and they tend to repeat themselves over and over again :) .

@Fae7 => When you receive your test invite, email the office and let them know you are outside Canada and request for permission to take the test abroad. Please don't post the same questions to which you have already received answers over and over again as a token of respect to other people's time. Thank you.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Agreed. I have answered several of the OP's questions and they tend to repeat themselves over and over again :) .

@Fae7 => When you receive your test invite, email the office and let them know you are outside Canada and request for permission to take the test abroad. Please don't post the same questions to which you have already received answers over and over again as a token of respect to other people's time. Thank you.
Yes sorry I forgot I already asked this question !!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.