+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

karlos85

Jan 3, 2017
I was invited to take the test in June but asked to reschedule as I was outside Canada. I emailed IRCC yesterday and received the below:

'Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be re-scheduled for online “Test Retake” When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted in the near future by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'

Having read the above I've followed up to see if it's possible to take the rescheduled test outside Canada

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
I did it from outside Canada. I sent an email to the office that sent me the test invitation and they responded in 30 minutes saying that it was okay.
Hi Nevine, did you tell them that you are not able to come back to Canada for the test due to covid or you just say that you want to do the online test from outside Canada? And did they allow you to do the online test in the timeframe mentioned in the invitation email? Thanks,

Reactions: xuanmai239

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I was invited to take the test in June but asked to reschedule as I was outside Canada. I emailed IRCC yesterday and received the below:

'Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be re-scheduled for online “Test Retake” When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted in the near future by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'

Having read the above I've followed up to see if it's possible to take the rescheduled test outside Canada
Were you able to take the test from outside Canada ?

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hi Nevine, did you tell them that you are not able to come back to Canada for the test due to covid or you just say that you want to do the online test from outside Canada? And did they allow you to do the online test in the timeframe mentioned in the invitation email? Thanks,
They ask for your name, application number and test timeframe. You don't need to mention the reason why you are outside Canada. Yes you will be able to take the test in the same allocated timeframe.

Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
No they just told me not to take the test and that I would be rescheduled at a later date.
That’s strange!! I called IRCC and the agent said we can take the test from outside canada. When did you receive your test invite ?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017

What was the content of your email? did you mention you want to reschedule as you are outside Canada or you would like to take the Test while youa re outside canada.

karlos85

Jan 3, 2017
That’s strange!! I called IRCC and the agent said we can take the test from outside canada. When did you receive your test invite ?
Actual invite was for May 12. Perhaps they were a little stricter on this requirement back then?

karlos85

Jan 3, 2017
What was the content of your email? did you mention you want to reschedule as you are outside Canada or you would like to take the Test while youa re outside canada.
I asked to sit the test from the UK and if not could I reschedule. In hindsight I should have also called them to plead my case :rolleyes:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.
Thank you !! But it’s based on which criteria that they allow certain to do the test and others not ?