+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
I heard some rumor's that people can now do their citizenship test from out side Canada. This is for people who are stuck outside Canada during the COVID period. Is this true? Anyone here has any experience?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I heard some rumor's that people can now do their citizenship test from out side Canada. This is for people who are stuck outside Canada during the COVID period. Is this true? Anyone here has any experience?
Some people did receive test invites that they can do the test from outside Canada. Not everyone has this mentioned in their test invites. For instance, I don't see that in my test invite.

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
Some people did receive test invites that they can do the test from outside Canada. Not everyone has this mentioned in their test invites. For instance, I don't see that in my test invite.
Thank for your response. Maybe I can request them. Will try.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
My invite PDF has the details , what to do if you are outside Canada ( Marked in Red) need to email the Visa office within 24 to 48 hrs from the time you received invitation. I Marked the email with XXX as I am not sure we can share but YES it does say Visa office in short at the beginning. Hope this Helps

Eligibility
 If you were 18 years of age or more but less than 55 years of age on the date you signed your
application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and
privileges of Canadian citizenship as well as your proficiency in English or French.
 If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and more when you signed your application
and have received this invitation, please contact IRCC by writing a message to:
IRCC. XXX
 If you need accommodations and have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge requirements
due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us at
IRCC. XXX before attempting to do the online test and we will discuss with
you the next steps in your case.
 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from
outside of Canada, please contact us at XXX within 24 to 48 hours
from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide
your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email.
We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
My invite PDF has the details , what to do if you are outside Canada ( Marked in Red) need to email the Visa office within 24 to 48 hrs from the time you received invitation. I Marked the email with XXX as I am not sure we can share but YES it does say Visa office in short at the beginning. Hope this Helps

Eligibility
 If you were 18 years of age or more but less than 55 years of age on the date you signed your
application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and
privileges of Canadian citizenship as well as your proficiency in English or French.
 If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and more when you signed your application
IRCC. XXX
 If you need accommodations and have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge requirements
due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us at
 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from
from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide
your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email.
What’s your location please ? When did you receive the email invite after the tracker has been updated ?
Are you outside Canada are you going to email them ?
Thank you very much

Last edited:

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
What’s your location please ? When did you receive the email invite after the tracker has been updated ?
Are you outside Canada are you going to email them ?
Thank you very much

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION 2021 January

Application Type: Family 3
Physical Presence Days: 1,118
App Sent Date: 16th Jan 2021
App Delivered Date: 21st Jan 2021
5 Year Eligibility: 15th Jan 2016 - 14th Jan 2021
AOR: 16th March 2021
Processing on eCAS: 06th May 2021
Test invitation received: 22nd June 2021
Test date: 27th June 2021 ( Unofficial PASS)
Oath invitation received:
Decision made:

I am inside Canada and my visa Office is Montreal.

We haven't traveled since we Landed as PR.

Thank you

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION 2021 January

Application Type: Family 3
Physical Presence Days: 1,118
App Sent Date: 16th Jan 2021
App Delivered Date: 21st Jan 2021
5 Year Eligibility: 15th Jan 2016 - 14th Jan 2021
AOR: 16th March 2021
Processing on eCAS: 06th May 2021
Test invitation received: 22nd June 2021
Test date: 27th June 2021 ( Unofficial PASS)
Oath invitation received:
Decision made:

I am inside Canada and my visa Office is Montreal.

We haven't traveled since we Landed as PR.

Thank you
Thank you

aiw

Jun 12, 2015

Eligibility
IRCC. XXX
Thank you for sharing this Alex. This is not an option we had when I postponed couple of months ago. Maybe this was introduced only recently. Maybe I will check with this if I can get this.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
I did it from outside Canada. I sent an email to the office that sent me the test invitation and they responded in 30 minutes saying that it was okay.

If you contact the inviting office concerning doing the test from outside Canada, will you be able to do the test in the same period indicated in the invitation email from outside Canada? Or do you need to wait months before their response with a next step ?

Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
If you contact the inviting office concerning doing the test from outside Canada, will you be able to do the test in the same period indicated in the invitation email from outside Canada? Or do you need to wait months before their response with a next step ?
You will be able to do it within the time frame you were initially given

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
I did it from outside Canada. I sent an email to the office that sent me the test invitation and they responded in 30 minutes saying that it was okay.
Hi Nevine - when u went out of Canada, did u inform CIC? I also need to go out for few months so wondering if you got that option in your test email since you informed CIC earlier when u left Canada. Please advise