Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
For Oath, not sure as there is very limited data (at least for September).

We don't know if they will expedite September applicants to get oath before September 2021 to preserve the 12 month processing times for 80% of the applicants. If they do that, the waiting time for oath will decrease. But currently, you could say 2 to 3 months from DM to Oath.
I was talking in general for most months, not just sep2020.

Oh, i forgot to note that. Ya no wonder why Sep is on fire to complete the 12 month time :rolleyes:

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
is it acceptable to zip the files? there's two passports in play here.
No. .zip isn't once of the accepted formats.

It says so in the instructions :

Try to send one email for all your documents and use one of the formats we accept: .tiff, .jpg,
.png, .doc, .docx and .pdf. You can’t upload any other file format.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Use PDF or docx with jpg images. That way you won’t break the file limit and can use multiple pages.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015

Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.
Interesting, Do you know what might be the rationale for a negative response?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Interesting, Do you know what might be the rationale for a negative response?
Nope. But some applicants who requested IRCC to let them take the test outside Canada were asked to reschedule without being provided any reason as to why they can't take the test outside Canada.

Last edited:

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014

It was almost like an auto-reply in my case. Can't see why they'd refuse.

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
we got an email this morning from IRCC to submit colour copy of all passport/travel documents. We had multiple documents and luckily all put together was all under 5 MB.

I did a mistake in naming of my set of document used '_' instead if '-' but got it corrected when submitting my wife's documents.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
we got an email this morning from IRCC to submit colour copy of all passport/travel documents. We had multiple documents and luckily all put together was all under 5 MB.

I did a mistake in naming of my set of document used '_' instead if '-' but got it corrected when submitting my wife's documents.
I've updated the spreadsheet! I did not even name the file in the correct format so yours is a simpler mistake than mine :)

Reactions: annapatram

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Also, wow. They announced you can take the oath from outside Canada!! How come?? Shouldn't we tear the PR card down during the oath? Would they cancel that and let us keep it till we're back in Canada? Or we'll still have to destroy it and they will send us the certificate internationally and we'd apply for the passport from a Canadian embassy/consulate?

"You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • a detailed explanation of your situation

We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html#oath

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Also, wow. They announced you can take the oath from outside Canada!! How come?? Shouldn't we tear the PR card down during the oath? Would they cancel that and let us keep it till we're back in Canada? Or we'll still have to destroy it and they will send us the certificate internationally and we'd apply for the passport from a Canadian embassy/consulate?

"You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • a detailed explanation of your situation

We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email."
Well, we'll have to tread carefully with oath. The wording is a little different when you compare it with the wording under Citizenship Test "If you’re outside of Canada" section.

It says "You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail."

I am NOT sure if they will allow applicants to take oath outside Canada because of the reasons I mentioned here.

It is extremely unlikely (practically impossible) that IRCC will allow applicants to take oath from outside Canada. The reason being at the end of the ceremony, you'll have to cut your PR card in front of the camera. This will leave them with no documentation to come to Canada. It takes a few weeks before citizenship certificate reaches you in the mail. Without the original citizenship certificate, they can't apply for a passport.
Now, if IRCC has found a way to workaround this (like mailing the citizenship certificate outside Canada using a secure courier OR letting the applicant use his/her valid PR card to return to Canada after oath), then it is possible that the applicant will be allowed to take oath from outside Canada.

We'll need confirmed reports from a few applicants to see if IRCC allows this.