+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Prince007bhv

May 16, 2021
Well, you might be in luck. Someone just posted something about overseas testing now being accepted by IRCC.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2020-citizenship-application.686453/post-9496910

I haven't verified this claim so I can't attest to the authenticity of it. I have requested a PDF version of the email so the validity of this claim can be verified.
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

sir only because your post and i did follow up with IRCC about my situation and they granted me to give the test outside of Canada and had given the test recently and got passed. Waiting for update in tracker.

I really thankfully to you. I was so close to drop an email about my test postpone actually just a few mins away to send the email and then I had received your reply email on my post that you just saved my whole tension, budget and stress.

this is just because of you. Once again I am so thankful to you.

thanks

Last edited:

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

sir only because your post and i did follow up with IRCC abhii my situation and they granted me to give the test outside of Canada and had given the test recently and got passed. Waiting for update in tracker.

I really thankfully to you. I was so close to drop an email about my test postpone actually just a few mins away to send the email and then I had received your reply email on my post that you just saved my whole tension, budget and stress.

thanks
that's great, congrats and thanks to Raj again

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@rajkamalmohanram do you know if in the same way we can pass the oath outside of Canada?
We wont know yet as they recently started allowing for writing test only. We mainly needed for test and interview as we can travel for final step(oath). Will see if they allow for interview as well.

Reactions: varlam

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
We wont know yet as they recently started allowing for writing test only. We mainly needed for test and interview as we can travel for final step(oath). Will see if they allow for interview as well.
thanks, yeah, let's wait then to see what is happening. it would be great if we can do it from outside of Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

sir only because your post and i did follow up with IRCC about my situation and they granted me to give the test outside of Canada and had given the test recently and got passed. Waiting for update in tracker.

thanks
I'm glad I was able to help! :)

Congrats! Wish you all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram do you know if in the same way we can pass the oath outside of Canada?
No word on this yet but I'd say it is extremely unlikely they will let you take oath outside Canada. The reason being you'll have to cut your PR cards at the end of the ceremony. If you take oath outside Canada, you'll be left without a document to return to Canada. Your Citizenship certificate will not arrive for a few more weeks so in case of an emergency, you cannot return to Canada.

To avoid all this mess, I don't think IRCC will let you take the oath abroad.

Last edited:

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
No word on this yet but I'd say it is extremely unlikely they will let you take oath outside Canada. The reason being you'll have to cut your PR cards at the end of the ceremony. If you take oath outside Canada, you'll be left without a document to return to Canada. Your Citizenship certificate will not arrive for a few more weeks so in case of an emergency, you cannot return to Canada.

To avoid all this mess, I don't think IRCC will let you take the oath from abroad.
that makes sense!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Hello, looking for advise. My parents application was delivered Oct 23, 2020. AOR Jan 25th, 2021. Online status shows BG completed March 31st, 2021. Language/Prohibitions/Physical Presence "In progress". They are in 70s so exempt from language and test requirements. They need to travel back home for urgent personal reasons but due to the application in progress are unable to travel. What is the likelihood of their application getting finalized within the next few months? If they travel back home, will they be able to conduct the interview and Oath from there? They have heard that since everything is virtual now, applicants can complete the process from anywhere. They are very anxious due to pandemic related personal circumstances and any kind advise will really be helpful to them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, looking for advise. My parents application was delivered Oct 23, 2020. AOR Jan 25th, 2021. Online status shows BG completed March 31st, 2021. Language/Prohibitions/Physical Presence "In progress". They are in 70s so exempt from language and test requirements. They need to travel back home for urgent personal reasons but due to the application in progress are unable to travel. What is the likelihood of their application getting finalized within the next few months? If they travel back home, will they be able to conduct the interview and Oath from there? They have heard that since everything is virtual now, applicants can complete the process from anywhere. They are very anxious due to pandemic related personal circumstances and any kind advise will really be helpful to them.
It is extremely unlikely (practically impossible) that IRCC will allow applicants to take oath from outside Canada. The reason being at the end of the ceremony, you'll have to cut your PR card in front of the camera. This will leave them with no documentation to come to Canada. It takes a few weeks before citizenship certificate reaches you in the mail. Without the original citizenship certificate, they can't apply for a passport.

Not everyone receives an interview so your parents might not receive one but if they do receive one, as per the current rules, they can't attend the interview from outside Canada.

IRCC doesn't usually consider urgent processing request based on upcoming travel unless the applicant doesn't have the passport of any country AND cannot get the passport of any other country (stateless people) but if you see the need, you can give it a try (send an urgent processing request using the webform).

If they must travel, IRCC would expect them to travel with their current passports IMO and if an oath ceremony is scheduled when they are abroad and they can't come back to Canada for oath, they'll have to reschedule.

But like I said, given their age, give urgent processing a try and see if it works.

Good luck!

PS: Do NOT rely on processing times. Processing times greatly varies between applicants and there is no guarantee that your parents will get their oath on time.

Last edited:

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
But like I said, given their age, give urgent processing a try and see if it works.

Good luck!

PS: Do NOT rely on processing times. Processing times greatly varies between applicants and there is no guarantee that your parents will get their oath on time.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for your input. My parents are insisting for an estimated timeline. Would it be reasonable to tell them to wait at least till Oct. as a best guess or there is no way to estimate given the current backlogs?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your input. My parents are insisting for an estimated timeline. Would it be reasonable to tell them to wait at least till Oct. as a best guess or there is no way to estimate given the current backlogs?
[/QUOTE]

Very hard to provide an estimate. The fact that they don't have to take the test will actually work in their favor but there is really no guarantees here. Have their background checks passed? Just tell them there is no estimated timeline and there is a possibility that they will be provided with oath dates by the end of this year.

Good luck!

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Language Skills - In Progress
Physical Presence - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Not Started
Background Verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
AOR - Dec 18 2020

Background verification was completed on Mar 22, 2021 and application is updated on April 23, 2021

There is no news or update on my application after that.

Could someone advise, is it normal and when can I expect test invite ?

Cheers!!

Thanks in advance

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Language Skills - In Progress
Physical Presence - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Not Started
Background Verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
AOR - Dec 18 2020

Background verification was completed on Mar 22, 2021 and application is updated on April 23, 2021

There is no news or update on my application after that.

Could someone advise, is it normal and when can I expect test invite ?

Cheers!!

Thanks in advance
Yes. It is normal. It all depends on which Office and Officer is processing your file. Some people from 2019 are still waiting so only thing we can do is stay calm and patience. Hope you will receive test invite soon.

Thanks, K

Reactions: boomshanker