+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Thanks so much for your input. My parents are insisting for an estimated timeline. Would it be reasonable to tell them to wait at least till Oct. as a best guess or there is no way to estimate given the current backlogs?
Very hard to provide an estimate. The fact that they don't have to take the test will actually work in their favor but there is really no guarantees here. Have their background checks passed? Just tell them there is no estimated timeline and there is a possibility that they will be provided with oath dates by the end of this year.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]
Received this info from MP office upon our request: "Criminality and security verifications passed. Residency verifications outstanding, file transferred to the local office on April xx, 2021".

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Very hard to provide an estimate. The fact that they don't have to take the test will actually work in their favor but there is really no guarantees here. Have their background checks passed? Just tell them there is no estimated timeline and there is a possibility that they will be provided with oath dates by the end of this year.

Good luck!
Received this info from MP office upon our request: "Criminality and security verifications passed. Residency verifications outstanding, file transferred to the local office on April xx, 2021".
[/QUOTE]

Residency / Physical Presence checks is what is pending here. Not sure how long this will take.

Hope they get their oath date sooner than later.

All the best!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Residency / Physical Presence checks is what is pending here. Not sure how long this will take.

Hope they get their oath date sooner than later.

All the best!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! How does CIC perform residency check? They had very minimal travel and calculated their days accurately on the physical presence calculator. Anyways, thank you for your responses!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! How does CIC perform residency check? They had very minimal travel and calculated their days accurately on the physical presence calculator. Anyways, thank you for your responses!
Not sure "how" they do it but the general understanding is that they will fetch travel records from CBSA. If need be, they'll ask your parents to submit all pages of their passports. All this needs to be done before making a decision on their applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibaadat

Leo_

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello,

I checked my status on the site yesterday and I have a news. :)

Updated : July 8, 2021

• You need to take your online citizenship test between July 23, 2021 and August 12, 2021.

Please update my timeline.
Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I checked my status on the site yesterday and I have a news. :)

Updated : July 8, 2021

• You need to take your online citizenship test between July 23, 2021 and August 12, 2021.

Please update my timeline.
Thank you.
Updated. Please post an update once you receive the test email and once after taking the test, thank you!

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
Hi Everyone, Ive got my test invite last week and just now I received an email from Vancouver CIC office to submit my fingerprints.
Is that normal to get fingerprint request after receiving test invite? Does that mean my background checks are not completed yet?
Anyone in the same boat? Please advise

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, Ive got my test invite last week and just now I received an email from Vancouver CIC office to submit my fingerprints.
Is that normal to get fingerprint request after receiving test invite? Does that mean my background checks are not completed yet?
Anyone in the same boat? Please advise
Yes, I have seen a few other reports who received a FP request either along with their test invite or after the test. Yes, this means your BG checks are not fully complete since Criminality (for which you are being requested fingerprints for) is a part of the background checks process. It will likely go back to "In Progress" (if it says "Completed" now) and after the clearance is obtained from RCMP based on the fingerprints you provided, BG checks will be set to "Completed".

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
Yes, I have seen a few other reports who received a FP request either along with their test invite or after the test. Yes, this means your BG checks are not fully complete since Criminality (for which you are being requested fingerprints for) is a part of the background checks process. It will likely go back to "In Progress" (if it says "Completed" now) and after the clearance is obtained from RCMP based on the fingerprints you provided, BG checks will be set to "Completed".
Got it okay. Thank you

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Just to reiterate, there is no such thing as RCMP notes which come from GCMS as RCMP does NOT have access to the case management system. If you have not provided fingerprints and submit a request to RCMP you will get a response that no records were found, if you have submitted FP to CCRTIS, they will confirm your prints were processed and destroyed.

First, you need to establish if your application needs FP based criminal record check or not. You can do so by requesting case notes from either IRCC or CBSA. Both should provide you this information under Criminality section. It would say something like CIT- Fingerprints Required. This will only appear if your Background Check has started. IRCC will send you the case notes in about 30 days while CBSA could take about 60 days. Once you have received case notes, post in the forum and we can discuss if there's anything which can be done.

Also, moving from Oakville, ON to Ottawa should not have any affect on your application as your processing office should not change. Make sure to update your address change through webform tho.
Hi Citizenshi.ethusiast & Raj,
I've received my GCMS notes and found below under the Criminality Checks, I have never received any Fingerprint request and Due date May 22 2021 has already been passed.
Could you please advise if I need to reach out to IRCC or someone.
Thank you in advance

SUB ACTIVITIES

SUB ACTIVITIES 1

Created Date: 2021/03/08 15:15:58

Created By: JH0087

Updated Date:2021/03/08 15:16:05

Updated By:SADMIN

UCI# XXXX-YYYY

Family Name: <MY NAME>

Given Name:

Type:CIT RCMP SCREENING

Validity Date:

Status Updated by:SADMIN

Status Updated Date:2021/03/08

Assigned To:RC-8090

Assigned By:JH00817

Due Date:2021/05/22

Activity#:2-UO4JJ7Q

Previous Result

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Citizenshi.ethusiast & Raj,
I've received my GCMS notes and found below under the Criminality Checks, I have never received any Fingerprint request and Due date May 22 2021 has already been passed.
Could you please advise if I need to reach out to IRCC or someone.
Thank you in advance

SUB ACTIVITIES

SUB ACTIVITIES 1

Created Date: 2021/03/08 15:15:58

Created By: JH0087

Updated Date:2021/03/08 15:16:05

Updated By:SADMIN

UCI# XXXX-YYYY

Family Name: <MY NAME>

Given Name:

Type:CIT RCMP SCREENING

Validity Date:

Status Updated by:SADMIN

Status Updated Date:2021/03/08

Assigned To:RC-8090

Assigned By:JH00817

Due Date:2021/05/22

Activity#:2-UO4JJ7Q

Previous Result
What's your local office. It is not very uncommon for things to not happen within the due date mentioned there. This is sad.

But at some point, you should receive FP request from IRCC. Raise a webform and politely request the staff to flag the local office about this. Tell them that GCMS notes show that you are scheduled to receive a FP request (and the due date was in May) but you still haven't received one. See if that works.

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
What's your local office. It is not very uncommon for things to not happen within the due date mentioned there. This is sad.

But at some point, you should receive FP request from IRCC. Raise a webform and politely request the staff to flag the local office about this. Tell them that GCMS notes show that you are scheduled to receive a FP request (and the due date was in May) but you still haven't received one. See if that works.
Hi Raj,
My office is Hamilton IRCC and secondary office CPC Sydney as per GCMS notes
Also, per the GCMS notes it mentioned my file location is "registry" as below
Not sure, what registry means

+++++++++++++++++
PAPER FILE

Office: Hamilton IRCC
#: < My application number>
+++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I am not in Canada at this point of time and I am in my home country ( Since Mid April ) , could this be the delay in receiving the FP request ?
or Still it is good to send web form and request for FP request as per GCMS notes. Thank you