+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
Scarborough Oath said:
Thank you deviantart

Your timelines exactly as mine. However
I did the test Dec 19. Since then NO news!!

Waiting....

Congrats.
Where did you originally file? When I filed, I was living in Cold Lake Alberta. And from what I've read on other forums, the processing times are much quicker.
And I have also read this is why they opened the center in Scarborough to take some of the burden off the other processing centers in Ontario. It is the most densely populated province, which can also account for the backlog.

Have patience, 2 months seems to be the normal time frame they give agents between tasks for each applicant ;)

Canadabound09

Jan 21, 2014
Since this forum has helped calm my nerves along the way, I wanted to contribute to allow someone else to benefit :)

Our timeline is as follows:

Applied for Citizenship - May 2012
Acknowledgment of receipt and Discover Canada book - July 2012
CIC started processing our file - February 2013
Transferred to Scarborough CIC office - October 2013
Notice to take Citizenship test - January 3rd, 2014
Citizenship test completed & passed interview on January 14th, 2014
Notice to take oath of citizenship received January 21st, 2014
Oath of Citizenship scheduled for January 30th, 2014 ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to all in the process.. it will be your turn soon too.

BTrix

Sep 16, 2009
They say it depends on when you sent the application, but it still varies a lot for no apparent reason, and it's really annoying how they work.

Anyway, my timeline:
App received Aug 2012
Processing started Feb 2013
Test date Dec 2, 2013
Oath Jan 29, 2014

For some reasons related to common sense, I thought ecas would show update before the letter was received, but the letter was dated Jan 17, and still no ecas update...

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
YAY, ecas has finally been updated!!

We sent you a notice on January 18, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I see a few of you have the same Oath date! Will be nice to share the ceremony with you!! So EXCITED!!!!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabound09 said:
Since this forum has helped calm my nerves along the way, I wanted to contribute to allow someone else to benefit :)

CONGRATS! your timeline is similar to mine except my test is next week. I also have an interview it seems - can you please tell me what your interview included? Also did you have to take an original birth certificate as mine is back in my home country (i have a copy)? Your help will be appreciated - thanks

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice, congratulations!. It seems the time between test and oath for you is 15 days. I gave test today at Scarborough and I m told it will take 2 Months.

Canadabound09 said:

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
bangloboy said:
CONGRATS! your timeline is similar to mine except my test is next week. I also have an interview it seems - can you please tell me what your interview included? Also did you have to take an original birth certificate as mine is back in my home country (i have a copy)? Your help will be appreciated - thanks
Seems the day you write the exam they only ask to see your letter to write the exam, current passport (and if you have any expired ones), landing document (should be stapled into the passport you had when landing) PR card, drivers license and health card. They do tell you to bring all supporting documents that you submitted when you applied (and that the must be originals) You might wish to get an original copy for the oath ceremony. It seems that a lot of us are getting our invitations for 15 days after writing the exam.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Seems the day you write the exam they only ask to see your letter to write the exam, current passport (and if you have any expired ones), landing document (should be stapled into the passport you had when landing) PR card, drivers license and health card. They do tell you to bring all supporting documents that you submitted when you applied (and that the must be originals) You might wish to get an original copy for the oath ceremony. It seems that a lot of us are getting our invitations for 15 days after writing the exam.
i was thinking the same, wonder if trend in Scarborough is changing?

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Guys, did anyone with Citizenship Test in Jan 2014 at Scarborough heard back on Oath yet?
Yes Vinaypuri, I wrote the test on the 15th and I have received my letter and go for my Oath ceremony this Thursday 30th January. You should just keep checking the ecas for updates, it seems Scarborough is now processing persons who pass the exam much quicker and oath's are being scheduled much quicker than before. Give it about a week then check ecas and see if they've updated your file.
It took about 9 days after the test for my letter to arrive.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Yes Vinaypuri, I wrote the test on the 15th and I have received my letter and go for my Oath ceremony this Thursday 30th January. You should just keep checking the ecas for updates, it seems Scarborough is now processing persons who pass the exam much quicker and oath's are being scheduled much quicker than before. Give it about a week then check ecas and see if they've updated your file.
It took about 9 days after the test for my letter to arrive.
Thanks MrsEmondSr.. looking forward to the letter...