+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Highlander2014 said:
My letter came 44 days after my test. Give it 5 or 6 weeks, it'll come.
Thanks Highlander2014, I'll wait, is not like I have any other options anyways. Is always nice reading you.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all you Ontarians and Quebecers, especially the applicants from GTA and Montreal, you people make rest of the applicants jealous! of course, all in the right spirit. ;) 8)

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
all you Ontarians and Quebecers, especially the applicants from GTA and Montreal, you people make rest of the applicants jealous! of course, all in the right spirit. ;) 8)
CanuckForEver:
Having your file at Scarborough office is nothing to be jealous of, it's one of the slowest offices out there and they give RQs like candies in Halloween. It's a scary situation and you can only find peace once you are done with the ceremony.
Wish you all good luck on your processes and Happy New Year!!! May 2014 be the year that we become Canadian citizens.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@waitingforcic: Sorry, didnt mean to jinx you guys. I wish you all only the best. Hope and pray that we all become a Canadian come 2014. :)

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
@ waitingforcic: Sorry, didnt mean to jinx you guys. I wish you all only the best. Hope and pray that we all become a Canadian come 2014. :)
No problem, I know you don't mean any bad. This is our year! 8)

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
waitingforcic said:
Anyone who had the test at Scarborough on Dec 4th got the invitation letter to the ceremony yet?
I did my test on 6th, no news yet, but the interviewer told it will be 2 to 4 months, so i am waiting. But i am just curiouscan we postpone the ceremony once we received the letter. I am planning to visit my parents because of family reason. anyone who postponed their ceremony? thanks

MawCan

Dec 7, 2013
I took the test on Dec 3, 2013

Got the Pink letter yesterday dated Jan 9, 2014

Oath Ceremony on Jan 20, 2014

Finally the wait is over ;D

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Mawcan

can you share your test experience and after the test how was the interview experience with CO with verification of your original PR documents. I have my test scheduled on Feb 11th at Scarborough CIC office.

randy

MawCan said:
I took the test on Dec 3, 2013

Got the Pink letter yesterday dated Jan 9, 2014

Oath Ceremony on Jan 20, 2014

Finally the wait is over ;D

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloimmigrationworld said:
I did my test on 6th, no news yet, but the interviewer told it will be 2 to 4 months, so i am waiting. But i am just curiouscan we postpone the ceremony once we received the letter. I am planning to visit my parents because of family reason. anyone who postponed their ceremony? thanks
I would never postpone anything if CIC tells me to do something, except if it was very serious. You might get an RQ if you start making demands to CIC... If you postpone stuff for things that are not very serious, CIC might postpone your application by a few years!

So just wait to see if you get an oath letter. If you don't have it in a few months, you probably failed the test so then go ahead and travel. But if you get the oath letter, stay in Canada, go through the oath ceremony, apply for a Canadian passport and then you can travel with your new, shiny Canadian passport.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Overall, from other threads and this one, it looks like in Scarborough it takes little bit over a month to get to Oath from test.

Also, Those History pages in Discover Canada are too boring.... perfect sleeping material :) do they really ask anything from those?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinay

Yes just go through below link for some practice test based on he Discover Canada book.

http://www.citizenship-test.net/canada/

randy

vinaypuri said:
Overall, from other threads and this one, it looks like in Scarborough it takes little bit over a month to get to Oath from test.

Also, Those History pages in Discover Canada are too boring.... perfect sleeping material :) do they really ask anything from those?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi Vinay

Yes just go through below link for some practice test based on he Discover Canada book.

http://www.citizenship-test.net/canada/

randy
Thanks Randy, this helps.