Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
Did anyone get their citizenship oath notice on the spot after they finish and pass their test in scarborough just like they do it these days in Mississauga office? Curious to know

Responses appreciated

Thanks and cheers!

Santos

Jan 24, 2008
I heard that only Mississauga expedites the Oath Cerimony, but Scarborough is a little slower :'(

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canbhagat said:
Did anyone get their citizenship oath notice on the spot after they finish and pass their test in scarborough just like they do it these days in Mississauga office? Curious to know

Responses appreciated

Thanks and cheers!
It does not seem to be the case. Looks like Scarborough does not follow the same pattern as Glen Erin. I see some people who took their tests on late September/Early October still waiting for their Oath at Scarborough.

They even tell all test takers in the testing room, "Oath will take from 2 to 4 months".

Glen Erin office tells all test takers in testing room that if everything goes fine test/interview, Oath will be held the week following the test.

Scarborough seems to be really overloaded with applications.

Nov 3, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 5, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on November 27, 2013.

cool_blue

Sep 7, 2013
waitingforoathletter said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 5, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on November 27, 2013.
Congratulations ... I had my oath on 26th at Scarborough too... just applied for passport

BTrix

Sep 16, 2009
professional 1 said:
It does not seem to be the case. Looks like Scarborough does not follow the same pattern as Glen Erin. I see some people who took their tests on late September/Early October still waiting for their Oath at Scarborough.

They even tell all test takers in the testing room, "Oath will take from 2 to 4 months".

Glen Erin office tells all test takers in testing room that if everything goes fine test/interview, Oath will be held the week following the test.

Scarborough seems to be really overloaded with applications.
I can confirm this: I wrote the test today at Scarborough, on the the board in the test room it said 2-4 months, and the interviewer also told me to expect the oath ceremony in 2-4 months.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTrix said:
I can confirm this: I wrote the test today at Scarborough, on the the board in the test room it said 2-4 months, and the interviewer also told me to expect the oath ceremony in 2-4 months.
Same here, when I took my test at the same office, they told us the same.

How did your test and interview go by the way ?

BTrix

Sep 16, 2009
professional 1 said:
Same here, when I took my test at the same office, they told us the same.

How did your test and interview go by the way ?
The test went fine, 20/20, I wasn't even worried about it, I only worried about getting RQ-ed (it is by now oficially ok to use it as a verb :p).

The interview also went great, maybe 5-6 minutes in total, she didn't ask me much. There was one thing that did worry me, and she did notice it: in the application I mentioned two travels outside of Canada, 2 weeks in December 2009, and 3 weeks in Aug-Sep 2010. This is fine, and accounted for in the application, but here's where Murphy's law kicks in: there was a passport stamp entering my home country Dec 17 2009, but no stamp reentering Canada. And for the other trip only the stamp entering Canada on Sep 7 2010. So it looks like I was away for 9.5 months, they really should just stamp it always... I didn't have proof for the exact dates, but I did have proof that stamps were indeed missing - I became PR in May 2010 in Etobicoke, so obviously I had to have reentered Canada before September. She just said "oh, I see" and that was that.

I realized a couple days ago on this forum that I left Canada for 3 weeks after applying, something I am supposed to inform CIC about. But she didn't ask me about it, and I sure wasn't going to bring it up either...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTrix said:
The test went fine, 20/20, I wasn't even worried about it, I only worried about getting RQ-ed (it is by now oficially ok to use it as a verb :p).

The interview also went great, maybe 5-6 minutes in total, she didn't ask me much. There was one thing that did worry me, and she did notice it: in the application I mentioned two travels outside of Canada, 2 weeks in December 2009, and 3 weeks in Aug-Sep 2010. This is fine, and accounted for in the application, but here's where Murphy's law kicks in: there was a passport stamp entering my home country Dec 17 2009, but no stamp reentering Canada. And for the other trip only the stamp entering Canada on Sep 7 2010. So it looks like I was away for 9.5 months, they really should just stamp it always... I didn't have proof for the exact dates, but I did have proof that stamps were indeed missing - I became PR in May 2010 in Etobicoke, so obviously I had to have reentered Canada before September. She just said "oh, I see" and that was that.

I realized a couple days ago on this forum that I left Canada for 3 weeks after applying, something I am supposed to inform CIC about. But she didn't ask me about it, and I sure wasn't going to bring it up either...

Hopefully everything will be fine. Stay positive and wait for the good news soon.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canbhagat said:
Did anyone get their citizenship oath notice on the spot after they finish and pass their test in scarborough
I did not. I just handed in my papers, left the room and a month later I got an invitation to the oath.

canbhagat

Sep 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in July 2009
AOR Received.
August 2009
File Transfer...
transferred to LA in april 2010
Med's Request
may 2010
Med's Done....
may2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
SCARBOROUGH OFFICE

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 27, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 20, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 16, 2013.

We sent you a notice on November 24, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on December 10, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 9, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone else from test date on December 4th, 2013 at Scarborough office received their citizenship ceremony invitation yet?

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Traveler74 said:
Has anyone else from test date on December 4th, 2013 at Scarborough office received their citizenship ceremony invitation yet?

I had my test on Dec 4th, 2013 at Scarborough and still waiting. My score was 20/20 and the interview went fine. But... waiting

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Santos said:
I heard that only Mississauga expedites the Oath Cerimony, but Scarborough is a little slower :'(
You are absolutely right. The Scarborough office is also pron to frequent RQ.

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone who had the test at Scarborough on Dec 4th got the invitation letter to the ceremony yet?