+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
Scarborough Oath said:
Any update guys? Please share your oath dates in scarborough office
I wrote my exam on the 15th of January 2014, I (after reading some of the posts on here) called CIC
At which time, the young lady I spoke to on the phone informed me the Oath Ceremony isn't really based on when you write the exam, it is based on when your application was received and began processing.

She did give me the date and time for my Oath ceremony (being it is so soon from exam date) I take my Oath on 30th January 2014

Here is my time line for comparison (now please note, not all of my processing was done in Ontario) When I applied we were living in Cold Lake Alberta:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 23, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on June 17, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on September 27, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Hope this helps!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you called CIC after test and CIC gave you Oath date on Phone? Sorry if I misunderstood. And you took test in Scarborough, right? I m having test on Wednesday and was in impression that it will take over 30 days for Oath.

MrsEmondSr said:
I wrote my exam on the 15th of January 2014, I (after reading some of the posts on here) called CIC
At which time, the young lady I spoke to on the phone informed me the Oath Ceremony isn't really based on when you write the exam, it is based on when your application was received and began processing.

She did give me the date and time for my Oath ceremony (being it is so soon from exam date) I take my Oath on 30th January 2014

Here is my time line for comparison (now please note, not all of my processing was done in Ontario) When I applied we were living in Cold Lake Alberta:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 23, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on June 17, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on September 27, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Hope this helps!

Jan 3, 2014
Thanks for your advice. Here is my timeline
Application received: Oct 04,2012
In process : Feb 06, 2013
Test : Dec 19, 2013

I called cic and said u r on delay list? Which i do not understand what is that mean.
Do u have any expectation? It's now 32 days after test and still waiting

Thanks

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never heard that before, what is Delay list? Did you ask why you are in that list?

Scarborough Oath said:
Thanks for your advice. Here is my timeline
Application received: Oct 04,2012
In process : Feb 06, 2013
Test : Dec 19, 2013

I called cic and said u r on delay list? Which i do not understand what is that mean.
Do u have any expectation? It's now 32 days after test and still waiting

Thanks

deviantart

Jan 7, 2014
Test Date: December 16th
Oath Ceremony: January 30th
Scarborough Office

Wait is finally over. Good Luck to you guys!

:D

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
So you called CIC after test and CIC gave you Oath date on Phone? Sorry if I misunderstood. And you took test in Scarborough, right? I m having test on Wednesday and was in impression that it will take over 30 days for Oath.
Yes,
I called them, I was reading some of the posts when I searched to see how long it would take as I was getting conflicting answers. Some saying 2 months, some saying 4 months and so on. And then when I was reading a post on another forum, someone stated they got RQ'd even after writing the exam (I of course got nervous).
So I explained to the young lady that answered my call, that my husband is military and I was only inquiring as to if she had a rough idea as to when I would be receiving the invitation (as he needs to put in for a leave pass for that day and he is being posted the end of March), to which she replied that my letter was mailed to me on the 17th of January and I am scheduled to take oath on the 30th at 3:30 pm.
I had asked why this date wasn't showing on the website (where on CIC you can check to see when and where ceremonies are taking place) she said the site doesn't reflect all dates, as in some cases (such as mine) where it began in another province and had been sent already to another province to complete the process. That there are different ceremonies for such cases.
They gave me the date and time and explained that the oath isn't determined by the date you write the exam, but is determined from the date you make application and processing started. (when I applied the total processing time listed was only 16 - 18 months).
Again, it is dependent upon when you made application.

;D

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks MrsEmondSr , this is really good... congratulations!.

I will try the tick too :), I have exam tomorrow.

MrsEmondSr said:
Yes,
I called them, I was reading some of the posts when I searched to see how long it would take as I was getting conflicting answers. Some saying 2 months, some saying 4 months and so on. And then when I was reading a post on another forum, someone stated they got RQ'd even after writing the exam (I of course got nervous).
So I explained to the young lady that answered my call, that my husband is military and I was only inquiring as to if she had a rough idea as to when I would be receiving the invitation (as he needs to put in for a leave pass for that day and he is being posted the end of March), to which she replied that my letter was mailed to me on the 17th of January and I am scheduled to take oath on the 30th at 3:30 pm.
I had asked why this date wasn't showing on the website (where on CIC you can check to see when and where ceremonies are taking place) she said the site doesn't reflect all dates, as in some cases (such as mine) where it began in another province and had been sent already to another province to complete the process. That there are different ceremonies for such cases.
They gave me the date and time and explained that the oath isn't determined by the date you write the exam, but is determined from the date you make application and processing started. (when I applied the total processing time listed was only 16 - 18 months).
Again, it is dependent upon when you made application.

;D

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Thanks MrsEmondSr , this is really good... congratulations!.

I will try the tick too :), I have exam tomorrow.
Just make sure that if you call, you give them a true reason why you are calling. They know my husband is military and being our children are grown and gone, we get moved a lot. Also, during the brief interview I had also mentioned the the gentleman doing the interview that my husband was being posted. (which could also account for the fact that my oath date was expedited) not sure.

And good luck on writing your exam! As long as you read the book they sent you, you should do just fine!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks .. I will just say.. my wife and family needs to take time off from Work so please provide a date. Sooner the better :)

MrsEmondSr said:
Just make sure that if you call, you give them a true reason why you are calling. They know my husband is military and being our children are grown and gone, we get moved a lot. Also, during the brief interview I had also mentioned the the gentleman doing the interview that my husband was being posted. (which could also account for the fact that my oath date was expedited) not sure.

And good luck on writing your exam! As long as you read the book they sent you, you should do just fine!

deviantart

Jan 7, 2014
Scarborough Oath said:
Congrats devitart.

Would you please share your timelines?

Thanks
Here is my timeline:

Application Received: October 2012
Discover Canada booklet and a letter confirming receipt: October 2012
Started Processing: February 2013
Test Date: December 16th 2013
Oath Ceremony: January 31st, 2014