+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Yes Vinaypuri, I wrote the test on the 15th and I have received my letter and go for my Oath ceremony this Thursday 30th January. You should just keep checking the ecas for updates, it seems Scarborough is now processing persons who pass the exam much quicker and oath's are being scheduled much quicker than before. Give it about a week then check ecas and see if they've updated your file.
It took about 9 days after the test for my letter to arrive.
That's a great time between test/interview and oath. Congrats! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is in fact the new trend at Scarborough! I wrote the test yesterday and was told that the Oath Ceremony invitation letter should be arriving sometime in the next couple of months.

Cheers

S. :)

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
Serendipity said:
That's a great time between test/interview and oath. Congrats! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is in fact the new trend at Scarborough! I wrote the test yesterday and was told that the Oath Ceremony invitation letter should be arriving sometime in the next couple of months.

Cheers

Was this wrote on the board, or was this what the interviewer told you?
Just a note, when attending the ceremony, there is very limited seating. (and it is very hot in there) So it is better that only a spouse or significant other come with to watch you take your oath. And if they leave the room for any reason, they will not be allowed back in. Just a heads up on this.
One gentleman left to take his daughter to the bathroom, and was not allowed back in the room. His wife was quite upset they couldn't return to see her get her certificate, but they did tell all in the room that once you left you couldn't return.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Was this wrote on the board, or was this what the interviewer told you?
Just a note, when attending the ceremony, there is very limited seating. (and it is very hot in there) So it is better that only a spouse or significant other come with to watch you take your oath. And if they leave the room for any reason, they will not be allowed back in. Just a heads up on this.
One gentleman left to take his daughter to the bathroom, and was not allowed back in the room. His wife was quite upset they couldn't return to see her get her certificate, but they did tell all in the room that once you left you couldn't return.
On the board they had the official processing time, which as we all know is 2 to 4 months. But the officer that addressed everyone at the beginning clearly said, "in about two months time", which was confirmed by the officer that interviewed me.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
On the board they had the official processing time, which as we all know is 2 to 4 months. But the officer that addressed everyone at the beginning clearly said, "in about two months time", which was confirmed by the officer that interviewed me.

I m still waiting, no change in ecase status and letter. I m thinking if I do not receive anything by Feb 22nd, I will call CIC ... seems everyone who wrote in Jan got the Oath Invite within 2 weeks.

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
Serendipity said:

You are very welcome ;D

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
I m still waiting, no change in ecase status and letter. I m thinking if I do not receive anything by Feb 22nd, I will call CIC ... seems everyone who wrote in Jan got the Oath Invite within 2 weeks.

Trying to remember when you wrote your exam Vinaypuri, but yeah if you don't hear anything, I am sure if you call CIC and just ask them if it is showing anything in the system, they should be able to tell you. Seems to me once you write the exam and pass it, they are much easier to get info from. (instead of being vague and not really giving a clear cut response when you call in prior).
I have now sent off for my very first Canadian passport!! YAY!! ;D

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Trying to remember when you wrote your exam Vinaypuri, but yeah if you don't hear anything, I am sure if you call CIC and just ask them if it is showing anything in the system, they should be able to tell you. Seems to me once you write the exam and pass it, they are much easier to get info from. (instead of being vague and not really giving a clear cut response when you call in prior).
I have now sent off for my very first Canadian passport!! YAY!! ;D
Hi MrsEmondSr , I did test on Feb 22nd, more then two weeks. I was expecting more time earlier, but now that I am seeing everyone getting Oath letter within a week... I m wondering what these guys doing with my file.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Hi MrsEmondSr , I did test on Feb 22nd, more then two weeks. I was expecting more time earlier, but now that I am seeing everyone getting Oath letter within a week... I m wondering what these guys doing with my file.
:eek: We are not yet Feb 22nd how come or was it last year, Feb 22nd,2013.

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
That's ok Vinaypuri, I think you meant Jan 22nd... yeah, maybe Monday morning call CIC if you are able to (or if you gave them permission to speak to your wife or another family member. Have them call and just ask them, that you know of those that tested around the same time as you and they've received their letters for the ceremony. It's worth a shot.
Let me know what you find out.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
That's ok Vinaypuri, I think you meant Jan 22nd... yeah, maybe Monday morning call CIC if you are able to (or if you gave them permission to speak to your wife or another family member. Have them call and just ask them, that you know of those that tested around the same time as you and they've received their letters for the ceremony. It's worth a shot.
Let me know what you find out.
Thanks MrsEmondSr, I m thinking waiting till Wednesday, it will be sharp three weeks, then will call them.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Anyone who did the test second time and received invitation letter for oath? How long it took from test to oath?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
Anyone who did the test second time and received invitation letter for oath? How long it took from test to oath?
When I went for test at Scar, I had a lady sitting next to me in the Waiting area. She was their for Ceremony, she mentioned that she did test second time 2 Months ago.

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
Here's mine streamlined timeline:

Sent application on July 24 2013
July 27 application received
October 24 start processing
November -got a letter with book
Jan 4 CIC sent a letter to attend the test on January 22 (ecas updated on Jan 6-7th)
Jan 11 received the letter
Jan 22 test passed (Scarborough)
waiting for the oath.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supadude said:
Here's mine streamlined timeline:

Sent application on July 24 2013
July 27 application received
October 24 start processing
November -got a letter with book
Jan 4 CIC sent a letter to attend the test on January 22 (ecas updated on Jan 6-7th)
Jan 11 received the letter
Jan 22 test passed (Scarborough)
waiting for the oath.
you are pretty much same spot as I.. can I ask you at what time was your test in Scarborough?.. mine was on Jan 22 1:30PM..