+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Amir75

Jun 25, 2015
Hello, Has anyone waiting for CSIS clearance over 3 months or know how long could it take? I got my FP completed on Oct 8 after passing my test and still case is in process. Emailed RCMP couple of weeks ago and they still haven't forward my file to CIC and said it can take up 120 days which should be completed by next month.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amir75 said:
Hello, Has anyone waiting for CSIS clearance over 3 months or know how long could it take? I got my FP completed on Oct 8 after passing my test and still case is in process. Emailed RCMP couple of weeks ago and they still haven't forward my file to CIC and said it can take up 120 days which should be completed by next month.
I think CSIS and RCMP checks are made by different agencies. I have a friend who got electronic FP done and after 3 months he was requested paper FP. I hope that will not be the case with you.

Amir75

Jun 25, 2015
amk2015 said:
I think CSIS and RCMP checks are made by different agencies. I have a friend who got electronic FP done and after 3 months he was requested paper FP. I hope that will not be the case with you.
Thanks amk2015, That is kinda odd that they asked for paper FP when they had all of his electronic record and can print it any time. Oh well I guess they gotta follow their old good law.