QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrahul said:
hi guys i am new to this forum ..... i am also interested in QSW ... i and my spouse have taken IELTS test where in I got over 7 bands and her 5 bands and now as the rules are changed and it is mandatory to show French language proficiency I would like to know that if do we both need to take the TEFAQ test or I being the main applicant is ok...... please let me know.
Only Primary applicant can score points for English, but both can claim points for French i think its 16 max for primary applicant and 6 max for secondary. French is not mandatory, however, the French language has the maximum weight among any criteria(22( 16 for primary + 6 for Secondary)), hence if you are falling short from the cut off points, only the french score can rescue your application from being rejected. Also, you should score B2 level to claim points, if you are good in french already, then my suggestion would be to send the application( if you already cross the threshold of 57) and later send the french score.

mrahul

Aug 23, 2013
swamik thank you for the reply .... please let me know where i can calculate my points ... appreciate if you could send me the link.

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
maxCoder said:
Apologies for asking the same thing again. But i did not get exactly what you want to imply. I mean Software Engineer/Developer is completely in accordance to my education and after completing a B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, the work ex best related could a job of a computer engineer. I am not able to understand the point of using or not using the word ENGINEER. The reason for this is in their Areas of training, its clearly mentioned COMPUTER ENGINEER. If possible, please explain in detail about what i am missing. That would be a lot of help. Thanks
I think my post got lost because of the concerns over the application of new rules. But as i am preparing my app, please reply if possible :)

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrahul said:
swamik thank you for the reply .... please let me know where i can calculate my points ... appreciate if you could send me the link.
search for grille synthese in google , which will give the official doc for points

you can also find it in

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
I do have another question if anyone has experience or knows the response.

We have applied for CSQ, do we have to wait for the certificate before we can do the RP demand? I ask this as on the RP application form which I tool a look at yesterday it has the question have you got your CSQ if no when did you apply!

Can we apply for RP without the certificate and then send them it once we have it?
yeah thats the story, we need the CSQ to be able to apply for PR, without CSQ will b federal, another long waiting time for federal :-[
CSQ applicants must live in Quebec and Federal must live in federal not easy and very strict

francophone cant enjoy life in federal, I had many friend applied federal and they moved after around a year to Quebec

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
So is there a way then that once we have the CSQ we can move to Quebec and then do the Federal part from Québec?

The truth is that I am fed up and bored here in France and want to start my new adventure in Québec as soon as possible.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
So is there a way then that once we have the CSQ we can move to Quebec and then do the Federal part from Québec?

The truth is that I am fed up and bored here in France and want to start my new adventure in Québec as soon as possible.
hehehe france much better than Quebec ;) trust me your in europe.
CSQ is just a paper of acceptance selection, you submit another federal application, they make security and medical check and visa,
it takes around a year

paris BIQ is very fast, i think thet are 2012 applicants now

i would spend additional 4 years and get french passport ;)

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
I read somewhere that anyone with a Phd / doctorat / post graduate is treated as priority is this the case?

stalincanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2014
Doc's Request.
30/08/2014
Nomination.....
04/09/2014
AOR Received.
CIC AOR 12/02/2015
IELTS Request
already submitted
File Transfer...
12/03/2015 to NDVO
Med's Request
waiting
Dear friends,

today I got mail from quebec immigration regarding new rules.

Objet :
Nouvelles règles et procédures d'immigration
Madame,
Monsieur,

En réponse à votre demande de renseignements, nous vous informons que le Ministère a adopté de nouvelles règles relatives au processus de réception et de traitement de certaines demandes de certificat de sélection présentées par les travailleurs qualifiés, les investisseurs, les entrepreneurs et les travailleurs autonomes. Ces nouvelles règles sont en vigueur depuis le 1er août 2013.

De plus, depuis cette date, le Ministère évalue les connaissances linguistiques à l'écrit de tous les candidats à l'immigration. Ainsi, pour pouvoir obtenir des points à la grille de sélection pour ce facteur, vous devrez désormais démontrer votre connaissance du français et de l'anglais, à l'oral et à l'écrit.

Veuillez noter que l'obligation de fournir des résultats de tests standardisés pour la connaissance du français ou de l'anglais écrit s'applique également aux personnes qui ont déposé une demande dans le cadre du Programme des travailleurs qualifiés avant le 6 décembre 2011 et dont l'analyse n'a pas encore commencé.

Vous trouverez, dans notre site Internet, tous les renseignements relatifs aux nouvelles règles et procédures d'immigration, à l'évaluation des compétences linguistiques en français et en anglais ainsi que la liste des tests d'évaluation du français et de l'anglais reconnus par le Ministère.

Recevez, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

Centre de contacts clientèle
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
Région de Montréal : 514 864-9191
Ailleurs au Québec (sans frais) : 1 877 864-9191
De l'extérieur du Québec : + 1 514 864-9191

Si vous deviez communiquer de nouveau avec nous, veuillez utiliser notre formulaire sécurisé disponible à l'adresse www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/courriel.

Translation:

Subject:
New immigration rules and procedures
Madam,
Sir,
In response to your inquiry, we inform you that the Department has adopted new rules for the process of receiving and processing some requests for a selection certificate presented by skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed. These new rules are effective from 1 August 2013.

Moreover, since that date, the Department assesses language skills in writing of all immigration applicants. Thus, in order to get points in the selection grid for this factor, you will now demonstrate your knowledge of French and English, spoken and written.
Please note that the obligation to provide the results of standardized tests for knowledge of French or English writing also applies to people who have applied under the skilled worker program before December 6, 2011 and which analysis has not yet begun.
You will find in our website, all information relating to the new rules and immigration procedures , assessment of language skills in French and English as well as a list of tests to assess the French and English recognized by the Ministry.
Accept, Madam, Yours faithfully.

Contact center
Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities
Montreal area: 514 864-9191
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1 877 864-9191
Outside of Quebec: + 1 514 864-9191
Should you communicate with us again, please use our secure form available at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/courriel .

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
stalincanada said:
Dear friends,

Objet :
Madame,
Monsieur,

En réponse à votre demande de renseignements, nous vous informons que le Ministère a adopté de nouvelles règles relatives au processus de réception et de traitement de certaines demandes de certificat de sélection présentées par les travailleurs qualifiés, les investisseurs, les entrepreneurs et les travailleurs autonomes. Ces nouvelles règles sont en vigueur depuis le 1er août 2013.

De plus, depuis cette date, le Ministère évalue les connaissances linguistiques à l'écrit de tous les candidats à l'immigration. Ainsi, pour pouvoir obtenir des points à la grille de sélection pour ce facteur, vous devrez désormais démontrer votre connaissance du français et de l'anglais, à l'oral et à l'écrit.

Veuillez noter que l'obligation de fournir des résultats de tests standardisés pour la connaissance du français ou de l'anglais écrit s'applique également aux personnes qui ont déposé une demande dans le cadre du Programme des travailleurs qualifiés avant le 6 décembre 2011 et dont l'analyse n'a pas encore commencé.

Vous trouverez, dans notre site Internet, tous les renseignements relatifs aux nouvelles règles et procédures d'immigration, à l'évaluation des compétences linguistiques en français et en anglais ainsi que la liste des tests d'évaluation du français et de l'anglais reconnus par le Ministère.

Si vous deviez communiquer de nouveau avec nous, veuillez utiliser notre formulaire sécurisé disponible à l'adresse www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/courriel.

Translation:

Subject:
Madam,
Sir,
In response to your inquiry, we inform you that the Department has adopted new rules for the process of receiving and processing some requests for a selection certificate presented by skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed. These new rules are effective from 1 August 2013.

Moreover, since that date, the Department assesses language skills in writing of all immigration applicants. Thus, in order to get points in the selection grid for this factor, you will now demonstrate your knowledge of French and English, spoken and written.
Please note that the obligation to provide the results of standardized tests for knowledge of French or English writing also applies to people who have applied under the skilled worker program before December 6, 2011 and which analysis has not yet begun.
You will find in our website, all information relating to the new rules and immigration procedures , assessment of language skills in French and English as well as a list of tests to assess the French and English recognized by the Ministry.

Contact center
Should you communicate with us again, please use our secure form available at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/courriel .

Pure BS...

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Nope it is not, look at the updated application form there is a section for comprehension and production written.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Titoualfruk said:
Nope it is not, look at the updated application form there is a section for comprehension and production written.
You may have misunderstood me, I mean it does not contain any new information. New rules now assign points for written skills also, that is already known for weeks. Also, standardised test requirements for applicants before 6/11/2011 is also known for a long while.

This is quite a long text to give absolutely no new information in response to an applicants request.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
stalincanada said:
Dear friends,

Objet :
Madame,
Monsieur,

Translation:

Subject:
Madam,
Sir,

Contact center
Is it really true ? before 6 Dc. 2011 will be under new rules ??
Why they say something different every time ?

did you get an interview call ? are you on waiting list ?

Matt95

Jul 17, 2013
raistlin17phil said:
New rules, more than likely, if you look at the FAQ's in their French website. If you are not going to claim points for French upon submission of your application, you must make sure you have 49 or 57 points at least, without it ( I reached this conclusion because they said somewhere in their site, "applicants who wish to claim points). Then you can just update your file later and get additional points. But without French, you may be at a disadvantage because Quebec is very particular with this. They'll accept your application but may put other files with French ahead of yours.
Hi Guys! Does anybody have any clue about how much of time they will give us to update our French scores..in case of falling short :eek: